Taleban ’war crimes’ on Afghans

3161 views 54 replies
Reply to Topic
sharmili

Total Posts: 265

Do you still support Taleban?

At least 183 schools were burned in arson attacks across the country between 2005-2006.

Amnesty say that most victims of Taleban violence are apparently branded as "spies" or "collaborators".

Amnesty say that the Taleban's military rulebook, or Laheya, explicitly sanctions targeting and killing civilians.

Rule 25 states that a teacher who continues to teach after warnings from the Taleban must be beaten, and if they still continue to teach "contrary to the principles of Islam", they must be killed.

Similarly, a Taleban "fatwa", or religious edict, orders the death of anyone who supports the US-led intervention.

A Taleban spokesperson interviewed by Amnesty International reportedly told the organisation that "there is no difference between the armed people who are fighting against us and civilians who are co-operating with foreigners".

Source: http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/south_asia/6568561.stm
Posted 19 Apr 2007

Hmmm u r right but sramili ...Media!! Bbc ,cnn,Fox,Abc, ya sub in k kamal hai un k media strong hai hum logan ko tasveer k sirf ek side dekhai jati hai poori pic nahi
n e ways
u kno wat "GEORGE WASHINGTON" bhi ek terroist thaa for british Govt cz woh freedom fighter thaa is he thran aur bhi bauth c examples hain yaar
N E WAYS
YA BAUTH BARI BEHASS HAI .....

holla
Posted 20 Apr 2007

sharmili says
well, whats the other side of the picture?

Yes, George Washington was called a terrorist at one point, but he never killed civilians. He never killed people he was trying to fight for.

But Taleban, they are killing their own people while claiming to be their saviours.
Posted 20 Apr 2007

dekhoo mai taliban ki side nahi lay raha n tasveer k dosra rukh woh ya k media mai sirf woh dekiya jata hai jo gooron ko support kartaa !!!!

ok G.W ko choro, British army tou subcontinent k freedom fighters ko bhi terroist kethi thiii but woh hamary heros hain

aub jub G.W terrosit nahi thaa tou british journilst ko muslim karnay walay Talban kiss thran Terroist ho sakty hain ......

aub dekhoo tum ko koi gali day aur tum is k reaction mai us ko taphar maro ager mai sirf thapar ko capture kar loon uss ki cause na bataoon tou kasoor wara tum he hoo gi ka tum thapar mara mesia bhi khuch yoon he kar raha hai
n jo ho raha hai in iraq or afgh bura ho raha hai
Posted 20 Apr 2007

sharmili says
You are not getting my point. Tell me which one of the hero in sub continent targeted his own people? I don't have any problem with struggle for freedom, be it armed or peaceful.

During Russian Invasion, tell me which Afghan group fighting against russia targeted civilians? NONE. That was the reason they had local support in every part of the country. In this fight, Taleban are killing its own people. WHY?

Your example of me slapping you does not apply here. It will be more appropriate, if you swear on me, and i start beating my younger brother. Thats what Taleban are doing. Americans have taken their country, and they are killing their own brothers/sisters assuming that they will scare Americans away. Its just pathetic.
Posted 20 Apr 2007

us waqt media nahi thaa warna hum bahir bathy ya he sumj rahiy hoty k ya fredom fighters nahi hain terroist hain

first of all russian ki stratgy theek nahi thii but americans ki hai ..... aub media kah raha hai k local support nahi hai phir Mullah Umer ,ubl,aur baqi sub kahan hain support hai tou abbhi tak haath nahi lagy

rahi thapr wali example lolzz woh shayd tum ko sumaj nahi
ayiii n e way yaar mai hamsiha ya kethaa hoon jub hum khuch kar nahi sakty tou discussion kiyon karty hain ... 60 years k pak ho gaya yahan bhi sub discussion kar rahiya hain but no   implimention
Posted 20 Apr 2007

sharmili says
There is a difference. A freedom fighter never kills his own people. He is fighting for the freedom of his people.

People are supporting Taleban, not because they consider them doing the right thing. But because they are afraid of being killed by Taleban. Thats not support. Thats more of Virtual Prison.

Your last sentence is more like coming from someone who has lost hope. Avoiding problems does not make them go away. You gota do something about it. Talking about it is the very FIRST STEP.
Posted 20 Apr 2007

sun_shine says
sharmili said:

well, whats the other side of the picture?

Yes, George Washington was called a terrorist at one point, but he never killed civilians. He never killed people he was trying to fight for.

But Taleban, they are killing their own people while claiming to be their saviours.

yaa george washington nay bhalay hi logo ko na mara ho per George bush nay to laakhon lmasoom logo ko katal kiya per media to unhay bhi hero kehti hain.
Posted 20 Apr 2007

sharmili says
No one calls George Bush a hero. He is being criticized everywhere, including in his how country.
Posted 20 Apr 2007

sun_shine says
yaa i have seen many people who support him,to support karnay ka yehi matlab hain k unka faisla theek tha Iraq aur Afghanistan pe attak karnay ka.
Posted 20 Apr 2007

Xtreme says
Do you still support Taleban?

Well i think Taleban supporters dont use janubaba. they have othe thing to do and othe sites to watch.
Posted 23 Apr 2007

sun_shine says
i am not a supporter of Taliban or Bush.i am just telling you the truth.i think Taliban buhat busy hain unkay paas itna time nahi hoga k wo internet ko use kar sakay
Posted 23 Apr 2007

sharmili says
Support can be in various forms. You support their actions by not taking part in activities that harm them, you support them by giving out money (which u think they will use to help poor etc).

The point of this thread was to make us realize that we cannot support them just because they call themselves MUSLIMS. Their actions do not reflect their words. They are killing their own brothers and sisters just to scare the enemy away. I do not think that is allowed in Islam. Yet, they justify all the killings using Islam as their shield.

What happened to the saviors of Afghan people (the old Taleban moto)?
Posted 25 Apr 2007

sun_shine says
has Taliban accepted that the suicide attacks were done by them?
no we dont know the truth.
hamay Media main sirf Taliban Or Al Qaeda kay baray main
update kiya jaata hain ka unho nay itnay logo ko maara.
Media channels saaray Non muslims k haathon main hain
to zaahir si baat hain wo unhay Muslims kay khilaaf hi use karaingay.

Posted 25 Apr 2007

sharmili says
Yes, Taleban have accepted the responsibility of suicide bombs. They have also indicated that they have over 1800 people trained for more suicide attacks. We are supposed to see more of innocent people die in spring this year
Posted 25 Apr 2007

sun_shine says
yaa jab American President 9/11 ki poori zimedari Al Qaeda pe laga saktay hain to yeh to phir bhi buhat mamooli si baat hain..
Posted 28 Apr 2007

sharmili says
sun_shine said:

yaa jab American President 9/11 ki poori zimedari Al Qaeda pe laga saktay hain to yeh to phir bhi buhat mamooli si baat hain..

You are not making any sense. You are saying that since American President blamed 9/11 on Al Qaeda, its OK for Taleban to go ahead and kill its own people, people who are supposed to be their own brothers/sisters.
Posted 30 Apr 2007

sun_shine says
i Think Talibaan's certain groups may be involved but i am not sure about it.
Posted 01 May 2007

mahi jee says
Gee-Z said:

us waqt media nahi thaa warna hum bahir bathy ya he sumj rahiy hoty k ya fredom fighters nahi hain terroist hain

first of all russian ki stratgy theek nahi thii but americans ki hai ..... aub media kah raha hai k local support nahi hai phir Mullah Umer ,ubl,aur baqi sub kahan hain support hai tou abbhi tak haath nahi lagy

ayiii n e way yaar mai hamsiha ya kethaa hoon jub hum khuch kar nahi sakty tou discussion kiyon karty hain ... 60 years k pak ho gaya yahan bhi sub discussion kar rahiya hain but no   implimention

nice buhat achi baat kahi.
hum log sirf baat kertey hain hakeekat kiya hai koi bhi nahi janta ......
Posted 01 May 2007

mahi jee says
sun_shine said:

has Taliban accepted that the suicide attacks were done by them?
no we dont know the truth.
hamay Media main sirf Taliban Or Al Qaeda kay baray main
update kiya jaata hain ka unho nay itnay logo ko maara.
Media channels saaray Non muslims k haathon main hain
to zaahir si baat hain wo unhay Muslims kay khilaaf hi use karaingay.

theek kaha apna
Posted 01 May 2007

sharmili says
mahi jee said:

Gee-Z said:

nice buhat achi baat kahi.
hum log sirf baat kertey hain hakeekat kiya hai koi bhi nahi janta ......

Let me tell you what is the Hakeekat. A Taleban fighter blew himself up in a Kabul Market. He killed bunch of civilians. The fighter was a Muslim, the ones killed were Muslims. What else there is to know?
Posted 02 May 2007

Xtreme says
Sharmili well thats truth plaain and simple. umm Taleban berry berry bad peeps now we agree with you, umm but how many their bro/sis have they killed their own and how many have the americans killed. and i do hear about a figure approaching to 1 million in Iraq already , i dont think saddam the greatest dictator/kiler what ever they called him even came close to that in like 30 years.
Posted 06 May 2007

sharmili says
Well, your figures are kind of way too high. I do not believe that is correct.

Plus, your argument is weak. If Bush is killing civilians, and we have concluded that he is evil, what does that make Taleban? They are doing the same. Bush is at least not killing his own people.
Posted 10 May 2007

veer_zaara says
uf
i hate taliban and people who support them
Posted 10 May 2007

sharmili says
hate is a very strong word. You can't fix anythig by hating it. Why do you hate them?
Posted 10 May 2007

nikama says
its hard to please you sharmili
i used to be and still to some extent am a supporter of taliban but i have always had reservations about their views and interpretations about islam and its practical imposition in the modern era.any act of killiling an innocent can not be justified on any ground and those who are saying that they are not getting the other side of the picture have probably closed their eyes to reality.
taliban are nothing but a bunch of desperate mullas, funded by the obl and drug and arms dealers,they are hell bent upon killing anyone and everyone who slightly disagrees with their own ideas and view points.
but having said that if i have to choose between u.s.led forces plus hamid karzai and taliban,i will go for taliban.
Posted 12 May 2007

sharmili says
you got that right nikama. I am very hard to please.

I agree with you as far as Taleban's hard line views. I also think that they did not have any system for Government setup(these are my personal views). I think everything was around "Mullah Omar".

As far as Drug business is concerned. I always thought Taleban got rid of Drug production in Afghanistan. Is it not correct?

What do you not like about KArzai Govt? The only reason (that I think of) they are unable to govern properly is because of Taleban. There is an unrest in the country. How are they supposed to get things in order of Taleban keeps on messing them?
Posted 14 May 2007

nikama says
no the real problem with karzai gov.is that it mostly comprises of ppl belonging to notorious northern alliance,most of the ministers and governers themselves are responsible for large scale violations of human roghts,they are actually what we call war lords,and above all n.a is a sworn enemy of pakistan.they have always worked agaionst our interest in the region.infact had pakistan not intervened in afghanistan through taliban,they would have made afghanistan a hell for pakistan they are more alligned towards iran and india and thats why pakistani gov.and ppl have so many reservations about them.
Posted 15 May 2007

sun_shine says
yaa but i think yeh sab aik political plan hain,Pakistani govt Afghan govt pe ilzaam lagati hain jabkay Afghan govt phir pakistan per.yeh sirf dono mulko kay logo ko ek doosray k khilaaf khara karna chahtay hain.
Posted 16 May 2007

karzai khabi mere samne a jae tu wohi goli maar doon usko
Posted 16 May 2007

sharmili says
I have done some research (news archives etc) on Karzai. As much as I want to say that I like him, I don't. He may be good for Afghanistan, but he ain't good for Pakistan. The language he uses, the press conferences he does against Pakistan is plain and simple wrong. He really thinks that Pakistan is the enemy. If I were Musharraf, I would just erect a border between Afghanistan and Pakistan. Then find every single Afghan in the country, and kick him back to Karzai's Afghanistan.

Some people think that its all political. I do not think so. I think Karzai is the problem. What else can we expect from him. He has surrounded himself with murderers etc
Posted 16 May 2007

Reply to Topic