Review Khuda ke liye & Box office update

4041 views 59 replies
Reply to Topic
charizmatic

Total Posts: 5317

When i was entered in theater my expactations were sky high and there were two reason for that first the over all look and publicity of the movie 2nd the name of shoaib mansoor is associated with it and when i came out of the theater i was speechless.The movie has opened to packed houses all the three shows in karachi were jam packed now lets talk abt movie.
The movie talk abt islam it talk abt extremism it talk abt mullah culture it talk abt 9/11 it talk abt music etc etc.Its abt two brothers sarmad and mansoor both r aspiring musicians but somehow an extremist mullah brainwashed sarmad(played by fawad khan) and he leave music and all the stuff and some how the situation took him to afghanistan.mansoor(played by shan)went to america to study music and caught by FBI after 9/11 incident.Iman ali lives in england and she is in luv with a christian guy and her father want her to get married with the muslim guy, what happend to all 3 for that u have to watch the movie.
The film is a visual treat the cinematography is top notch and trust me it is one step ahead of bollywood.Film is quite lengthy and slow paced but the screenplay, dialogues and performances are so powerfull that viewer dont feel bore for a second,the 50% movie is in english infact most of the part shot in america and england is in english and the pakistani portion is in urdu.well u need strong script but u also need actors of class to generate an impact on screen with that script and thats a plus point of kkl,If shan made u cry in sangam and nikkah get ready for another power packed performance he is in full form this time and he was simply brilliant the intensity through which he delivered his dialogues were gr8,Fawad khan is amazing he looked like a mature actor,iman ali was wonderfull,very passionate and natural with her performance,naseer uddin shah played the most important role though he was on screen for abt 20 minutes but his powerfull dialogues and the confrontation in the court room was cheered by massive crowd infact the dialogues are so powerfull that most of the times crowd clapped and cheered like hell,Music is already a big hit and the songs mostly come in the background and they were used cleverly rohail hayat's background score is brilliant.What to say abt shoaib mansoor he is a real shoman his creativity shows on screen for example in one scene shan was investigated by FBI officials and they asked him to write something on wall with chalk and he wrote i love usa but FBI guys kept on beating him and asking him questions and after quite some time he sits up and add MA with usa and the entire theater clapped on that scene,hats off to shoaib mansoor for making such a brilliant movie undoubtedly this is one of the best of pakistani cinema and one more thing that inspite of all the negative publicity against the movie the theater was jam packed and eveyone loved the movie and most of them were families.
I recemond every one specially every muslim shud watch this movie with open mind it ill force u to think for sure.
Highly recomended 9/10
Posted 21 Jul 2007

expected review
Posted 21 Jul 2007

yoyo says
its nice review and expected but you also gave good review to MEDLKA
Posted 21 Jul 2007

Medlka did a pretty good job at boxoffice and it was not that bad movie.
Posted 21 Jul 2007

Yes,MEDLA did a good job at Box-Office(I will make another post for this).
Excellent Review!!!
Sadly i went to cineplex on friday and they r running only one show of the movie and tht is 10:30.So i saw Die Hard 4.0.When coming out i could see the rush for KKL.They have said tht the shows r housefull for fri,sat and sun.Its a record tht only in 4 hours all the three shows have been booked(becuz it was announced on fri tht the film will be releasing on cineplex and i went on 5 o clock whereas cineplex opens on 1)
Posted 21 Jul 2007

well it was sold out at prince as well there were no tickets available thankfully i have booked mine quite early.
Posted 21 Jul 2007

STANDARD says
yaar!I have seen a movie!The movie is so bold and so religious ..People are interest to see this movie!
and see the review of the paki newspaper review ...they are shocked and surprized !it's a first time history the reviewer and viewers are same!
Technically the movie like any Hollywood Flick!
and Bad point of the movie is "very much English"...common viewers or specially womens are not aware of this hard english..
Best of Luck!
Posted 25 Jul 2007

im gonna watch it again this weekend
Posted 25 Jul 2007

Posted 25 Jul 2007

yoyo says
well i think its good its mostly in english because its an international film and should gain lots of internation acclaim and hopefully win best foreign film at oscurs
Posted 25 Jul 2007

absolutely
Posted 25 Jul 2007

Ya.Agree.
But if they could have added Urdu Subititles under dialouges in English it wuld have been much better.
Even Jawed Shiekh said that.

I will be watchin it tommorow and hopefully will post my review also.

The film is everyday a SOLD OUT at cineplex,charizmatic can u tell me tht wats the situation of Prince Cinema?
Posted 25 Jul 2007

aaj paper main tha kay kkl nay awarapan ko bohat peechhay chhor diya
aur european countries main KKL ko dekhnay ka shoq bohat barh rah ahi
Posted 25 Jul 2007

holland main ayegi?
Posted 26 Jul 2007

new_beau says
Am not gonna read this review...Bcoz I am seriously interested in watching it
Posted 27 Jul 2007

Posted 28 Jul 2007

so chriz who was the show stealer??
Posted 28 Jul 2007

yaar every one its a team effort every one did a wonderfull job either its shan,fawad or iman and most importantly naseer uddin shah he was simply awesome, i watched the movie yesterday for the 2nd time and beleive me the theater was still jam packed and its been one week now so inshallah its gonna be a block buster hit as far as box office is concerned.
Posted 28 Jul 2007

Ashii says
yes yess yesss
dekhni hai dekhni hai dekhniii haaiiiii
Posted 29 Jul 2007

paki lion says
charizmatic said:

yaar every one its a team effort every one did a wonderfull job either its shan,fawad or iman and most importantly naseer uddin shah he was simply awesome, i watched the movie yesterday for the 2nd time and beleive me the theater was still jam packed and its been one week now so inshallah its gonna be a block buster hit as far as box office is concerned.

After Iman Ali, I hope more (educated) female models will enter Lollywood and kick out the oldies (Reema, Meera and Saima).
Posted 29 Jul 2007

yeah hope soo :)
Posted 29 Jul 2007

The movie has done the business of 12 million rupees all over pakistan in its first weekend according to Geo news it has broken all previous box office records and it is still showing to packed houses and thats pretty much true i went with my frnds on this friday to watch it again and the cinema was packed there wasn't a single seat available.
Posted 29 Jul 2007

well thats a good news for lollywood
Posted 29 Jul 2007

STANDARD says
Well..The movie is great..after watching the movie every commericial movie of paki & indian are feeling bad.
I want like Iman actress ..but I dont know why these Glamourous model dont want to work in films..
Iman has refused more films in the future..she has done a movie because of shoaib mansoor.

And Ahmed Jehzeb voice is so classical and good for films..why our makers are using indian voices ..
and Last and Most excellent thing is ..Movie has no bollywood or Lollywood masala in this..that's creativity in this movie...it's prove people want own culture with own style and Convoying Message.
Posted 29 Jul 2007

true.
Posted 30 Jul 2007

bilal1970 says
charizmatic said:

The movie has done the business of 12 million rupees all over pakistan in its first weekend according to Geo news it has broken all previous box office records and it is still showing to packed houses and thats pretty much true i went with my frnds on this friday to watch it again and the cinema was packed there wasn't a single seat available.

It means 1 crore 20lakh excelent
Posted 30 Jul 2007

yepp bro and its still doing gr8.
Posted 31 Jul 2007

cute4u says
will it release in uk anyone knows?
Posted 03 Aug 2007

STANDARD says
Posted 03 Aug 2007

Posted 03 Aug 2007

Posted 04 Aug 2007

Reply to Topic