A close look at films releasing on Eid!

3573 views 34 replies
Reply to Topic
afridi_hasnat

Total Posts: 1187

Guyz,lets have a close look on films releasing on Eid:

Jhoomar:The film is a story abut a woman who crosses the border by mistake and when she returns her child is with her.The studio report is sayin tht Jhoomar is a well made film and will be a hit like Majajan.The film's cast includes Mommar Rana,Saima,Aleena(Late),Karishma Shah(Late),Sheeba Butt and Shafqat Cheema.The music of the film is also good and Syed Noor had a screening of the songs of Jhoomar at his PAPA Academy for the press.The press really appreciated the songs and thier picturisation.The film is produced by Safdar Malik and Directed By Syed Noor.Music by Nijat Ali.Cinematography by Ali Jaan and Edited by Mateen Qadoos.This film is edited on computerized system Avid on which Bollywood and Hollywood films editing takes place.Syed Noor bought this machine and brought it to Pakistan.

Mohabbatan Sachiyan:This youth-orinated love story has been directed by the hardworking director Shehzad Rafique who's last hit was action flick Salakhain.
The film stars Veena Malik,New hero Adnan Khan,Babrik Shah,Newcomer Maria,Naghma,Rashid Mehmood.
The film's music is by Wajahat Attre and has been released by Geo.
The trailors of the film are being appreciated by the press and public and the way Shehzad Rafique has captured the locals is brilliant.And interestingly the cameraman of this film is a newcomer.And Shehzad Rafique has said tht he will also take the cameraman wid him on the shooting of Terey Liye so tht he can learn from the senior Indian cameraman of Terey Liye(Forgot his name)!
The film is rlsing under the banner of Geo Films and the promos of the film are already on-air.
Technically the film is very strong.The film has been edited by Syed Noor's bought computerized System Avid but also the film is the first pakistani film to be processed on DI Format(Digital Intermidiate Technology)which is related to the film's picture and sound quality.In this process the films negative are changed into 1 to 1 then through computer the picture quality is improved so tht a sharp effect can be seen on screen!For this the film has to pass through Telecine and other different stages!In Bollywood Dhoom 2,Veer Zaara,Black and Tararumpum has been processed on DI Format.Like these films the work of MS has been completed in Mumbai's high-tech studio Avital which has costed 20 Lackhs.
Film's sound mixing has been done in Yash Raj's Studio,Mumbai and the prints has been prepared in Adlabs.Its amazing how in 3 crores budget everything has been done.Keep it up Shehzad Rafique!

Godfather:This indo-pak co prodcution has been produced by Aslam Bhatti who had its father in film-distribution business and through thier company the film"UnData"got released which was a action film and got a huge sucsses in Pakistan.The film is directed by Hriday Shetty who has directed indian films like Plan.This big-budget action film's cast includes Arbaaz Khan,Aslam Bhatti,Shafqat Cheema,Meera,Vinod Khanna,Kim Sharma,Mikaal Hasan,Ajab Gul,Mehmood Akhtar,Hrishta Bhatt,Priti Jhangani,Nafeesa Ali and others.The film is releasing through ARY Films.The film's trailors are on-air and the film looks impressive.The film's music is by Aadesh Shrivastav.

I hope u liked my research!
Thts it!
Posted 04 Oct 2007

Tough competetion
Posted 04 Oct 2007

Ya Rite.
Posted 04 Oct 2007

moammer rana aur saima... syed noor
Posted 05 Oct 2007

MR NICE says
Well I am looking forward to Mohabbatan Sachiyan on Eid. Having seen the promos and some song clips the film technically and production wise looks really good.

One has to give credit again to Shehzad Rafique for for making such a visually fantastic film. He has workied so hard on each scene. Shehzad Rafique treats his film as a painting. One wishes that other directors can learn something from his style of film making.

The film will give a new trend to Punjabi films. Here is a film which is set in the urban background instead of a rural background.

The music sounds nice of what I have heard. Just one thing which might go against MS is its story.

The film is a love triange and Babrak Shah is the villian who wants Veena Malik at all cost. This subject has been done to death a million times.

We need to place much more importance on better scripts and scripting is currently the most weakest part of our films.

Our film makers should learn something from Shoaib Mansoor. The biggest reason why KKL has done so well and has been a major point of discussion everywhere its because of its subject.

I am not saying we need to make art films but what is needed films with new ideas or scripts which one can releate to.

For MS Shehzad Rafique chose Ayub Khawar one of the best writers for TV to write the script.

For me Jhoomer looks a bit out dated but I might be wrong. I don't feel that confident with the film. One thing that goes in the favour of Jhoomer is Syed Noor.

Godfather looks a good routine action film but I am not interested.

Any how just hoping that MS and Jhoomer do well.
Posted 05 Oct 2007

mr nice
Posted 05 Oct 2007

Abrardh1 says
Im looking forward to MS.

MS will be a good movie and also parts of it has been shot in Mirpur Azad Kashmir.

Ive still got to see the clips of MS, mr nice where did you see them?
Posted 05 Oct 2007

MR NICE says
On Aag TV in trailer city. They have been showing one promo during the last few weeks and in the last few days a new song promo is being shown. Its the one that W Q Malik is not happy with.
Posted 05 Oct 2007

Well WQ Malik the hero Adnan seems to be promising.He has good looks and we will see his acting.
Well MR NICE MS story is outdated and i find Jhoomar's story new and interesting.
Let me tell u more abut a story:
Mommar Rana is living happily with his family.His family decides tht he shuld Marry a cousion of his which is played by Aleena tht suddenly one day Mommar Rana comes wid his wife Saima.His relatives are very angry.Then after Months they point out a new issue tht Saima cannot give a birth to a child so therefore Momi should give divorce to her.
Having fear of this Saima runs away from home and crosses the border mistakenly.Where she is treated badly by the indians and Shafqat Cheema is the one who do it.Because of him Saima gives a birth to a child.

The story is good.I dont know wats the exact reson...but i am very eager abut watchin it!
The only worse thing abut the movie is ...AUNTY SAIMA!

PLZZZ SYED NOOR ur a gr8 director...ur projects are ruined becuz of Saima...she acts well...but just look at her age!And she has been paired with Momi Rana...!
Posted 05 Oct 2007

Promotion of MS is still not upto the mark.
What is Geo Upto!Niether the promotion of Jhoomar has begun but still people know abut it!
Posted 05 Oct 2007

yoyo says
well jhoomer is looking the best as its syed noors next after majajan and story looks good.
Posted 05 Oct 2007

ya gr8 director is casting same heroine in his every movie
Posted 05 Oct 2007

Thts really unfair.The one movie which i really liked in the herions choice was Syed Noor's Commando.A complete action movie which was a treat to watch.The herions were Zara Shiekh and Meera.Saima was playing a bit shorter role.
Posted 06 Oct 2007

I saw a song of Godfather today on B4U.It means its rlsing in India.
Posted 06 Oct 2007

i havent seen commando yettttt
Posted 06 Oct 2007

Commando was a good action movie.The film should have been released on DVD.
Posted 06 Oct 2007

afridi_hasnat said:

Thts really unfair.The one movie which i really liked in the herions choice was Syed Noor's Commando.A complete action movie which was a treat to watch.The herions were Zara Shiekh and Meera.Saima was playing a bit shorter role.

cozzzzzzzzzz saima aunty cant speak urdu
Posted 06 Oct 2007

Thanks Afridi_Hasnat. Have used the info on the unofficial Karachi Cineplex website. Where did you find all this info.

See the page here.
Posted 11 Oct 2007

From different sources
Posted 11 Oct 2007

bilal1970 says
afridi_hasnat said:

Commando was a good action movie.The film should have been released on DVD.

when its released on dvd you shore
Posted 13 Oct 2007

deely says
I seriously don't get u lot. So wot if Syed Noor has same heroine, which otha heroine is beta for him to cast. Obviously he will cast his wife not any other person.
Posted 13 Oct 2007

Are u sayin tht to me?

I meant to see tht the DVD of Commando should be get released,it hasnt released i am asking for it.
Posted 13 Oct 2007

deely says
i am saying it to those members on here who keep rattling on bout syed noor and casting saima all the time. For god sake get a grip. All tht matters to us is quality entertainment and thts wot we have seen in majajan, now jhoomer, choorian, mehndi waley haath etc.
Posted 13 Oct 2007

bilal1970 says
My opinion that Jhoomer will be a big hit
Posted 13 Oct 2007

bilal1970 says
I saw clips of ms on geo looks good but dont clue of story shezad rafique is good director and I hope it will also do well
Posted 13 Oct 2007

deely said:

i am saying it to those members on here who keep rattling on bout syed noor and casting saima all the time. For god sake get a grip. All tht matters to us is quality entertainment and thts wot we have seen in majajan, now jhoomer, choorian, mehndi waley haath etc.

u think she looks herione
Posted 14 Oct 2007

deely says
errm which othas look like heroines??? atleast saima makes good films in acting wise, not like the rest who jus make films to score points and prove points.
Posted 14 Oct 2007

deely said:

errm which othas look like heroines??? atleast saima makes good films in acting wise, not like the rest who jus make films to score points and prove points.

not old atleast she looks mother of moammer rana,,,
Posted 14 Oct 2007

new_beau says
GOD FATHER and KHUDA KAY LIYEY will be releasingin Dubai in last week of October...

Afridi...what do you mean by LATE Aleena and Karishma??
Posted 14 Oct 2007

deely says
Says who... If Muammar rana doesn't care then thts fine. Choorian was a hit? she didn't look like his mum. If anjuman was to tak her place then obviously but saima isn't tht wrse as tht.
Posted 15 Oct 2007

deely said:

Says who... If Muammar rana doesn't care then thts fine. Choorian was a hit? she didn't look like his mum. If anjuman was to tak her place then obviously but saima isn't tht wrse as tht.

money money money...
Posted 15 Oct 2007

Reply to Topic