kkl releases in uk 2nd nov

3203 views 42 replies
Reply to Topic
pakistani12

Total Posts: 41

guyz spread d word kkl releases in uk 2nd nov
has even been confirmed on d website 'f' d pirate copy letz make dis a big hit n make our country proud!!!

wat ever wayz u can letz make dis a gud hit any suggestionz--- i'm gonna txt my local asain radio station...
Posted 23 Oct 2007

bilal1970 says
I saw trailer on geo about kkl releasing in uk 2nd nov
Posted 23 Oct 2007

Hoppo says
well i have seen it but im gona see it again! its better in the cinema
Posted 23 Oct 2007

Best Of Luck KKL!
Posted 23 Oct 2007

its a cinematic treat pirated dvd was not even 50% of it.
Posted 24 Oct 2007

yoyo says
well this is just bad planning from geo, they could have released the film on eid and got bigger audience, now there releasing on 2nd novemer and one week after comes om shanti om and saawariya,.
Posted 24 Oct 2007

Ya rite.
Posted 24 Oct 2007

Its relasing in U.A.E tommrow 25th Oct.
Posted 24 Oct 2007

Abrardh1 says
yoyo said:

well this is just bad planning from geo, they could have released the film on eid and got bigger audience, now there releasing on 2nd novemer and one week after comes om shanti om and saawariya,.

They are releasing it a week after the release in UAE, also it is still being censored.
Posted 25 Oct 2007

I just watched it online today. A strong movie with lots of positive messages. Best scenes were the ones in court.

Iman is best current Pakistani actress. I couldn't watch the torture scenes, they were so upsetting!
Posted 01 Nov 2007

Jaan Pakistani said:

I just watched it online today. A strong movie with lots of positive messages. Best scenes were the ones in court.

Iman is best current Pakistani actress. I couldn't watch the torture scenes, they were so upsetting!

do watch it in theater as well, we need to support our movies.
Posted 01 Nov 2007

bilal1970 says
I WILL WATCH TODAY
Posted 03 Nov 2007

How is the Films business in U.A.E and UK?
Posted 03 Nov 2007

yoyo says
saw it today in cineworld, they played it on their smallest screen but was house full nearly, the film seemed to have some scences cut, which i saw in the pirate dvd but not in cinema.
also people are saying it will further pick up cos of word of mouth but next week oso and saawariya are releasing, maybe it can benefit from the overflow if oso and saawariya go housefull.
Posted 04 Nov 2007

it ill pick up with the passage of time.
Posted 04 Nov 2007

nikama says
good news yoyo
hopefully the movie will benefit from the release of shanti om and sawaraia
Posted 04 Nov 2007

khayali says
koi kkl ka full form to batai.
Posted 04 Nov 2007

MR NICE says
Saw KKl yesterday, its was the Saturaday late night show. They were about 35 people in the hall.

Firstly the film did not have subtitles something which some people who were watching the film complained. Even though the pirate DVD does have subtitles.

2-3 scenes which were on the pirate DVD were cut from the film somehow.

Another thing the Pakistan portion of the film especially the outdoors had a brownish look to it which was not on evident on the DVD.

One thing for sure most people who saw the film with me yesterday infact had seen KKL before on the pirate DVD as most of them even knew the dialogues and the scenes by heart.

Just wished that Geo had not messed up the release of KKL in the UK and the film should have been simultaneously release here when it did in Pakistan.

By the way Yoyo did you watch it at Wandsworth Cineworld.
Posted 04 Nov 2007

bilal1970 says
I SAW FILM ON SAT IN CINEWORLD LUTON ONLY 8 TO 10 PPL
IN THE HALL I ALREADY SAW PIRATE DVD SOME SCENES ARE CUT BUT THE LAST PART OF FILM WAS VERY STRONG AND ONE THING I CONCLUDED THAT SHAN IS A BIG ACTOR AND SHOAIB TOOK FULL ADVANTAGE OF IT AND ACCORDING TO MR NICE FILM HAS BROWNISH COLOUR OF FILM PARTS IN PAKISTAN I THINK THATS SHOAIB TRY TO SHOW THREE DIFFERENT COUNTRIES SO HE WANTS TO KEEP DIFFERENT WHEN SHOWING DIFFERENT PARTS
Posted 05 Nov 2007

Jaan Pakistani said:

fawad did a gr8 job
Posted 05 Nov 2007

nikama says
only 10 to 35 ppl,its quite disappointing,i agree with mr.nice,had the movie been released simultaneously in pak and u.k,response would have been a lot more encouraging
Posted 05 Nov 2007

i'l say d film will make around £13,000 in first week. who choose d places where it was released- really weird. dey missed big townz,
in dubai if you chech d cinema sites in dubai u'll see dat its showing has been increased which is very good.
Posted 06 Nov 2007

yoyo says
£13,000???
im sure it made that on just its first day.

it should atleast make £50,000 + on its first weekend.
Posted 06 Nov 2007

ur too optimistic man
Posted 07 Nov 2007

MR NICE says
I also agree with you Pakistani12 £15,000 to £18,000 max. I wish I could agree with you yoyo. At the Odeon Trafford Centre only one show of KKL is being shown daily. Thats going to have an effect on the average screening also.

As I said before Geo have totally messed up the release of KKL in UK. KKL could have easily had become the highest grossing Pakistani film ever.

By the way Zee are currently airing the promos of KKL also but its a bit too late.

Lets wait for tomorrow and the official figures.
Posted 07 Nov 2007

nikama says
actualy pakistanis are not experienced enough in releasing movies abroad,so they endup choosing the wrong time and wrong places...lets hope things will improve with passage of time
Posted 07 Nov 2007

JAB WE MET continues its successful journey in U.K., garnering excellent collections in its second weekend as well. It’s a smash hit in this part of the world… A Pakistani film, KHUDA KE LIYE, has fetched a fairly decent start in U.K. on limited screens.

Weekend: November 2 – 4, 2007.

U.K. BOX-OFFICE

# KHUDA KE LIYE [Pakistani film] has debuted at No. 19 position. In its opening weekend, the film has collected £ 37,352 [approx. Rs. 30.54 lacs] on 12 screens, with the per screen average working out to £ 3,113.

THIS WEEKEND IN U.K.
[Based on screen averages]

RANK      FILM      AVERAGE
1      KHUDA KE LIYE [Pakistani film]      £ 3,113
2      JAB WE MET      £ 2,975
3      LAAGA CHUNARI MEIN DAAG      £ 1,023
4      BHOOL BHULAIYAA      £ 648
5      NO SMOKING      £ 436
6      MITTI WAJAAN MAARDI [Punjabi]      £ 281
7      MALAIKKOTAI [Tamil]      £ 131

(Source www.indiafm.com)
Posted 07 Nov 2007

MR NICE says
This is great news and I have to eat my words.Any how I am really pleased.

Well Geo must be kicking themselves. Had they released the film on schedule and arranged a bigger release the results would have been much better.

A figure of at least £150,000 was achievable. Even know £75,000 - £100,000 is achievable. Lets see whats happens for the rest of thw week and next weekend.

Even yesterday some of friends went to Cineworld Wandsworth and they came back because it was house full.
Posted 07 Nov 2007

yoyo says
well it was close to my pridiction, so was i being optimistic?

word of mouth on the film is spreading, so i guess it will remain conistant for the next few weeks and will be the first pakistani hit film in UK.
Posted 07 Nov 2007

i hope hit ho jae warna pakistani films ka future uk mein acha nahi hei
Posted 09 Nov 2007

yoyo says
today i went to the cinema and peaked in to KKL screen well despite om shanti om and saawariya opening, kkl still was nearly housefull, only few front rows were empty, well shows have gone less for the film but its moved to a bigger screen.
Posted 10 Nov 2007

Reply to Topic