~Khushab-Mianwali-Peshawar-Toorkham~

14006 views 56 replies
Reply to Topic
BadShaH1

Total Posts: 6924

Well, this was a major event that is unforgettable, for us friends.
It started on Friday night from lahore, we were 5 friends on a car. The idea was to visit as much friends as possible and save the hotel stay money ;)
so we reached khushab in the morning around 7 n had a very good nashta of anda and parathaa's at a friend. It was 23rd march n so we watched the parade but musharraf disappointed us by visiting the missiles and the tanks himself n not parading them like the soldiers.

We then set out to Mianwali where a friend lives, n reached there in the noon. Rested a n had a wonderful dinner at his house especially of singhara fish frm the river sindh. The night we fooled around like always n enjoyed alot. The next day it was saturday and we visited all the places adjoining mianwali, the lake and the mountains. Kalabagh was a nice sight. Then we had a dip in the cold waters of river sindh in the evening with the full moon hanging out, it was really breath taking.
The plan , the next day was to cross the darra adam khail n see asia's biggest open stall weapons market on our way to peshawar, but due to the friends familys forbiddance, we had to take a detour via pindi to peshawar. There we reached late on saturday night, at a friends house. He immediately took us to a famous resutarant and we ate very delicious local pathan foods, including kabuli pulao n malai tikka. n dumba(lamb). Then we toured around pehsawar city. I was amazed as it is a clean city having wide roads better than lahore, strucuture wise. There we enjoyed street racing in frnds customized car.
The next day we had a wonderful homemade nashta n then set of to the tribal areas for n reached the toorkham border in the evening.We also visited the bara market n had a few luxuries we usually are not fond of that much back home . ;) It was a wonderful experience of the local culture n awesome places never seen before by us. As we had to go to offices next day so we set back in the night n reached lahore in the early morning.
We had a few dangerous moments also, as the car slipped as i made a fast cut, n it spun out of control for 5 secs but Thank Allah we remainded safe. N the police stopping us for u know...

The pics or on my other computer, n i will show them soon.
Posted 12 Nov 2007

Reply to Topic