Aditya´s Rab Ne Banadi Jodi

7967 views 100 replies
Reply to Topic
Shahrukh Khan

Total Posts: 43596

'Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi'

The wait is over. Eight years after he last directed a film, Aditya Chopra is back helming a Yash Raj Films production. Even as his directorial debut DILWALE DULHANIA LE JAYENGE continues its record breaking run in its 13th year, Aditya is ready to direct his third film.

After directing his second film, MOHABBATEIN, back in 2000, Aditya had taken a conscious break from direction to set up and develop India's first studio model making Yash Raj Films a name to reckon with. In the years that followed, YRF, under the keen eye of Aditya, produced such blockbusters as DHOOM, DHOOM 2, HUM TUM, BUNTY AUR BABLI, SALAAM NAMASTE, FANAA and CHAK DE INDIA. While Aditya was the creative producer in all these films, he also kept up with his creative juices by writing his father Yash Chopra's directorial venture VEER-ZAARA in 2004, as well as the stories of other films.

Aditya's third directorial venture will be titled RAB NE BANA DI JODI and will star the formidable Shah Rukh Khan... indeed the jodi of Adi and SRK will once again be a treat for film audiences the world over.

Aditya will introduce a new girl opposite King Khan in RAB NE BANA DI JODI. The hunt for a new girl is currently in progress.

The film, to be produced by Yash Chopra, will be written and directed by Aditya Chopra. Shooting for the film will commence in May and RAB NE BANA DI JODI will release by the end of 2008.
Posted 01 Feb 2008

yesssssssssssssssssssssssssss...cant wait to see this one...aditya is awesome director...might turn a biggest hit of 2008
Posted 01 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
i thought he was gona cast kajol but i guess since Karan is then Adii decided not to, ne way great news...
Posted 01 Feb 2008

srk-deepika
Posted 02 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
deepika is a pretty face not so much of an actress, the girl from saawariya was a better actress imo
Posted 02 Feb 2008

ya she is daughter of anil..will she suite with srk??
Posted 02 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
now that is a good question paa g, and as sad as i am answering this i will have to say, i dont think she will, she'll look too young.

but i hope Adii finds someone talented, cuz the three new girls he found for Mohabbatein really sucked.
Posted 02 Feb 2008

rani and hrithik are also part of this movie...aditya still looking for herione opp srk
Posted 06 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
if he can recreate the magic of DDLJ i'll be happy, thats my All Time Fav movie.
Posted 07 Feb 2008

sweetie says
srk k sath sirf kajol aur rani suit karti hain
Posted 07 Feb 2008

YAS said:

if he can recreate the magic of DDLJ i'll be happy, thats my All Time Fav movie.

agar ddlj wala writer hua tu achi hogi
Posted 08 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
i thought ddlj was written by Adi him self...

nice av
Posted 08 Feb 2008

YAS said:

i thought ddlj was written by Adi him self...

nice av

thanx ...by javed sadiqui..and he is gonna write for humayun saeed's movie
Posted 08 Feb 2008

Rain Man says
damn...didnt know that...

humayoun saeed is awesome
Posted 08 Feb 2008

shahrukh khan said:

ya she is daughter of anil..will she suite with srk??

I think she will be thinking of tht to come with Srk but one thing is sure tht she will arise ...this was her first chance
Posted 08 Feb 2008

"It's the film, which matters and appeals, not the director" - Salim Merchant

By Bollywood Hungama News Network, February 25, 2008 - 15:09 IST

They composed the music for one of the biggest hits of 2007, Chak De India. The film's title track went on to become the National Sports Anthem. This was followed by the melodious tracks of Madhuri's comeback vehicle, Aaja Nachle. But now, Salim-Sulaiman get ready for their biggest challenge as they have been chosen by Aditya Chopra to compose the music for his next directorial venture, Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. We spoke with Salim Merchant to know more about the film's music.

Is it true that Aditya Chopra has signed you up to compose the music for his directorial film Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi?
Yes, that is very true. We (Salim-Sulaiman) are composing the music for Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. We are very excited about the project, and hope to do our best.

From the title, it seems that the film is romantic. What is the brief given to you for the film?
You know how a Yash Raj Film works; they love to keep it in wraps until its time to finally let it out. Although I know the story, I can barely tell you anything. Once ready, they will announce the film on a very grand scale.

Aditya Chopra is returning back to direction after a span of nearly eight yrs. His past films had record-breaking music. Don't you think, there's major responsibility on your shoulders?
Well, we work for the film, there's nothing big or small. It's the film, which matters and appeals, not the director. We would have been excited and anxious about the music otherwise also. But I must agree, Aditya is a very good director and it would be a great experience working with him. We will try to do our best with the music for the film.

Jatin-Lalit have been Aditya's favorite in the past. What is your opinion on their compositions?
Their compositions have been great. They have been in this field for a very long time and successfully given some amazing hits. And times are changing; we cannot call ourselves successful considering we have just begun.

Will you also be doing the background score?
We had begun our career with background scores and we would never give up that at any point of time. Yes of course, we are doing the background score. And when you talk of that, it is a big responsibility, we have just begun getting in compositions and have a long way to go. We have been very fortunate that our songs have been appreciated.

What kind of response did you get for Chak De India and Aaja Nachle?
Well, that I should ask you; I do not want to praise ourselves. It does not make any sense like that. Nevertheless, yaah, it feels great when the song was taken as the national sports anthem but I must add that it was the film that made it like that. The film was a hit and that is why the song was loved so much.

Since the award season has begun, do you expect trophies coming your way this year?
We do not expect anything, because that's not the intention with which we make music. Our prime motive is to make music for the film and then the audience. But I must agree that all these awards work as a morale booster and do a great job of encouraging us. But the ultimate pleasure is when it works for the film.

So what was the biggest compliment you received for your songs?
Well, the Chak De song becoming the sports anthem itself is a big compliment but what really touched our hearts is when music lovers like A.R. Rahman and Shankar Mahadevan praised our work. They complimented our song, 'Yeh Honsla' from Dor and 'Maula Mere' from Chak De India and said that it was a very different song. And when Zakir Husain, who is like my guru, praises our music, it's a different feeling altogether. There's no bigger compliment than that.
Posted 25 Feb 2008

Fairl_Girl says
per srk tumko wait karna hi paray ga
Posted 27 Feb 2008

Fairl_Girl said:

per srk tumko wait karna hi paray ga

ya till dec
Posted 28 Feb 2008

SRK to co-produce with Yash Raj ?
01 Mar, 2008 10:38 am ISTlINDIATIMES MOVIES

After giving innumerous blockbuster movies, Shah Rukh Khan has proved that he rules Bollywood. According to our source at Yashraj Films, apparently SRK has decided to co-produce Aditya Chopra’s forthcoming film Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi.

A reliable source from the industry informed us that there is a secret deal between SRK and the Yash Raj Banner. According to the deal SRK will not charge the amount which he quotes for other banners, rather he will share the profit with the Yash Raj Banner.

It can be recalled that Yash Raj had several releases last year out of which only Chak De India did well at the box office. Apparently the success of CDI might have compelled SRK to co-produce his next film with Yash Raj.

When Indiatimes Movies got in touch with Shah Rukh Khan to confirm the news, he denied in one word “No”.

“SRK has proved that he is the most popular actor of Bollywood. However, his confidence proves that he can be a successful producer who can sell his film. Though it’s a secret pact, Yash Raj will make an official announcement on right time”, affirms the source.

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi has been written by Aditya Chopra. It will be his third film as a director. Reportedly Aditya will introduce a new girl opposite Shah Rukh Khan. The film will commence in May and is slated to release by the end of 2008.

It’s a time will tell situation, whether SRK will feature into this co-production..
source: indiatimes
Posted 13 Mar 2008

Last week, Yash Raj Films sent out a press release saying Aditya Chopra was getting ready to direct once again for a film starring Shah Rukh Khan and a new female lead. The media has been speculating about the identity of the girl ever since. It has been reported that the Chopras will launch a nation-wide hunt for the girl, lekin andar ki baat yeh hai ki the leading lady has been already finalised. And apparently, she was rehearsing with Shah Rukh Khan over the weekend. Reveals an insider, "The girl has been locked for the main lead in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, and on Thursday night (January 31), she went over to Shah Rukh's house along with Adi to rehearse some intricate scenes. The name and the pictures of the girl are currently on hold as we have a proper marketing plan for her and the film."

Posted 13 Mar 2008

Dec 12, 2008 Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi
Posted 18 Mar 2008

Most awaited movie of this year
Posted 25 Jun 2008

His comic timing has been fantabulous. Witty, smart, adorable, and talented, Vinay Pathak is all this and much more. After his stint in Bheja Fry directors and producers are lining outside his house and Bollywood Hungama can say this looking at the number of films he has already signed.

In addition to all that, he now has another film in the Yash Raj Film's camp after Aaja Nachle. Vinay will now appear in Aditya Chopra's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. "Yes, I have signed Aditya Chopra's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi in which I will be playing an important role. But I cannot divulge into any details as the director and producer have clearly asked me not to do so. And I really cannot break a promise", states Vinay.

Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi will be Aditya Chopra's directorial venture after 8 years. The film has Shah Rukh Khan and debutante Anushka Sharma. His last film was Mohabbatein. On the other hand, Vinay Pathak has a release next Friday's (June 27) titled Via Darjeeling.
Posted 25 Jun 2008

chandbabu says
hummmmmmm

a think nice ho ge
Posted 25 Jun 2008

Shah Rukh Khan showed a new hairstyle when he was interviewed along with fellow Knight Saurav Ganguly on CNN-IBN recently. Editor-in-chief Rajdeep Sardesai spoke to them mainly about the business of cricket, but it was SRK's hair more than his words which caught our attention.

As Shah Rukh is currently shooting for Aditya Chopra's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi, we can only assume that the hairstyle is part of his look for the film. His co-star is the 19-year-old model Anushka Sharma, so may be a funky, young hairstyle is his way of bridging the age gap.

Whatever the reason, we didn't quite like King Khan's new hair. May be his on screen persona will make us change our opinion. We'll only know when Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi releases in December.
Posted 21 Jul 2008

chandbabu says
Posted 30 Jul 2008

Check out SRK sporting a moustache and glasses in Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi

Of late, the Baadshah of Bollywood- Shah Rukh Khan has been maintaining a low profile. After all, he has been busy shooting for two of his upcoming films namely Priyadarshan' Billoo Barber and Aditya Chopra's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi. But you can't keep King Khan out of action and out of news for long. Can you?

Shah Rukh Khan was spotted shooting for Aditya Chopra's Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi along with newcomer Anushka Sharma at the beautiful Golden Temple in Amritsar early this week. However, what caught our instant attention was the fact that King Khan was sporting a moustache during the shoot. This was a far cry from his look in any of his recent releases and did come as a pleasant surprise. SRK has earlier sported a moustache in films like Paheli, Army and English Babu Desi Mem to name a few. But his look in with specs et al in this Yash Raj production has taken everyone by surprise. This time around, looks like the actor is playing a matured character. Wonder what other surprises director Aditya Chopra has in store for all of us. As for newcomer Anushka, she looked every bit the Punjabi kudi.

Must say after seeing Shah Rukh in this new look, the curiosity to know more about Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi only increases for all die-hard SRK fans.
Posted 05 Sep 2008

Rain Man says

and also another look in the movie...
Posted 06 Sep 2008

~CHANDNI~ says
Posted 06 Sep 2008

well i think
srk should be opposite
madhuri
i think the movie with the
both hit actors in it will be great
kajol..hmm rather not