Akhri Waqt

2387 views 10 replies
Reply to Topic
SohniKuddi

Total Posts: 4493

Allah (SWT) nah kare ke aisa waqt kissi pe aaye, maghar maut ke liye sab ko tayaar hona chahiye.

A couple of days ago my Cha cha passed away, there were no elders present when he passed away as his wife (my phupho) was in Pakistan at the time and we live quite a distance from them and by the time my parents were alerted my cha cha had passed. He was at the hospital when he passed away. his children knew very little of what to do, and obviously they were grief strikken.

when the mayyat was brought after ghussle the face was not turned slightly to the right and mouth was open.

Everyone had their own advice.

I do know that the face must be tilted slightly to the right mouth must be closed, eyes must be shut and hands and feet must be straight. The mayyat must be turned so that the head is towards the Qiblah. If this is not done before the body gets cold it's difficult to re-arrange the position. Before the janaaza is read 2 and a half Chapter must be read Chapter 1 and 2 and half of 3 up to Nisf. And obviously people must begin the prayers and recitation of the Qur'an, the more you read for the deceased the better.

I do hope no one here is ever put into this position May Allah (swt) grant you all and your friends and family good health and long happy lives, Ameen. But if we are put into this situation what guidance does Islam give to the proper and dignified handling of the deceased before burrial?
Posted 20 Apr 2008

Reply to Topic