My Name Is Khan

4468 views 36 replies
Reply to Topic
Shahrukh Khan

Total Posts: 43596

My name is Khan is a love story shot in 3 USA locations"

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------

This is directly from Karan Johar on his blog this morning:

“My Name is Khan” goes on the floors in November of this year. The film is going to be shot extensively in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington, and Mumbai. If all goes well, we should be out late next year. What do I say about it? At the heart of it, it’s a love story. At the soul of it, it makes a social comment, and at the whole of it, it’s a human triumph tale.

p.s. I’m going to be traveling extensively for the pre production work for “My Name is Khan”, so my blog postings might be a tad irregular. Bear with me, and don’t stop commenting. Thank you for listening…
Posted 21 Jul 2008

Lethal combo of SRK & Imran Khan in KJo’s ‘My Name is Khan’? Spicezee Bureau

Mumbai, July 20: Imagine the lethal combo of super star Shah Rukh Khan and B-Town’s light-eyed-candy Imran Khan in ace-filmmaker Karan Johar’s forthcoming film! Sounds candilicious, doesn’t it? Well, if the latest buzz is to be believed then Karan Johar has approached Imran Khan to play the role of a terrorist in his ‘My Name is Khan’.

Imran Khan’s mind-blowing performance in ‘Jaane Tu Ya Jaane Na’ has made him one of the most promising debutantes of recent times. News has it that Karan Johar is greatly impressed by the actor’s work and has approached him to play the role of a terrorist.

The film will see the onscreen ‘golden couple’ SRK and Kajol after a long time. SRK is playing an autistic man in the film, who becomes a terror suspect in the US.

Imran Khan’s role was first offered to the newcomer hottie Ranbir kapoor, who refused the film due to some undisclosed reason. It is still to be seen whether Imran Khan accepts the role or not. Surely, the lad has his reasons to weigh the offer before consenting. After all, he will have to compete against none other than the King Khan. Hopefully, his ‘mamu’ Aamir would give him the perfect advice!
Posted 21 Jul 2008

Rain Man says
lol Ranbir Kapoor refused it obviously cuz OSO killed Saawariya at the box-officer...

SRK RULEzzz
Posted 21 Jul 2008

~CHANDNI~ says
appp   deer movie waly shahrukh khan ho   MM poch rahy hy
Posted 24 Jul 2008

~CHANDNI~ said:

shonaaaa
Posted 24 Jul 2008

Miss mine says
~CHANDNI~ said:

lolz.. kkkkkkkkkkkirran
Posted 26 Jul 2008

Karan is ready to start work on his new film MY NAME IS KHAN, starring SRK and Kajol. "Please don't expect a candyfloss entertainer. It's not based on terrorism either. It's about a husband-wife couple, their love story... I can't divulge more at this juncture," he adds.
Posted 05 Nov 2008

Rapunzel says
Koi tu achi film aye
Posted 05 Nov 2008

Rain Man says
ALL SRK movies ARE GREAT=ACHI, AB AUR KYA CHAHIYE...

now let me hear u say, SRK RULEzzz
Posted 05 Nov 2008

Rapunzel said:

Koi tu achi film aye

depends what kind of movies u wanna see
Posted 05 Nov 2008

Rain Man said:

ALL SRK movies ARE GREAT=ACHI, AB AUR KYA CHAHIYE...

now let me hear u say, SRK RULEzzz

Alwayssssssss
Posted 05 Nov 2008

SRK will have three different looks in 'My Name is Khan'

An exclusive look at Shah Rukh Khan's new haircut for My Name is Khan
By: Tushar Joshi
Date: 2008-11-27

Mumbai:

Crew cool? Shah Rukh Khan. Pic/ Sameer Markande
Chops off his long locks for Karan Johar's My Name is Khan

Shah Rukh Khan has chopped off his long mane. This 'short cut' is for Karan Johar's My Name is Khan. This is the shortest SRK has ever worn his hair.

Second-stage look

Hairdresser Dilshad is responsible for Shah Rukh's new cut. It is believed that the actor will trim his hair shorter after a few days. Almost like a crew cut. According to a source, "His hair cut was done in three stages. He is sporting the second stage look and will further chop his hair shorter in a few days."

In My Name Is Khan, Shah Rukh plays a character called Rizwan Khan, who suffers from Asperger's Syndrome, a relatively milder form of autism.

Off to shoot

The first half of the film is based on a true story that happened to a couple and Karan Johar has bought the story rights from the couple. Shah Rukh will leave for Los Angeles in the second week of Dece- mber. The film will also be shot in New York in the next schedule.

Return of THE jodi

The film brings SRK and Kajol back together. Kajol and Shah Rukh Khan have so far starred together in the following films, all of which turned out to be hits — Baazigar (1993), Karan Arjun (1995), Dilwale Dulhaniya Le Jayenge (1995), Kuch Kuch Hota Hai (1998) and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham (2001
Posted 01 Dec 2008

Posted 03 Dec 2008

Shahrukh Khan’s crew haircut in ‘My name is Khan’

By Samta Jain on Tuesday, December 2, 2008

The shooting of the film was supposed to be in the middle of 2008, but Karan Johar postponed the shooting after good friend Aditya Chopra asked him to spare SRK’s dates for his film Rab Ne Bana Di Jodi instead.
In ‘My Name Is Khan’ Shahrukh Khan is playing the role of a man who suffers from milder form of autism. The film is based on the true story of a couple in the US.
After a long time Kajol is teaming up with Shahrukh Khan in ‘My Name Is Khan’.
In this film has Shahrukh Khan has three different looks and one of which will be a crew haircut. Hairdresser Dilshad will trim the SRK’s hair further after few days of shooting.
‘My Name Is Khan’ is ready to roll in the middle of December and the cast and crew will go to Los Angeles since the story is set there.
It is said that Shahrukh Khan has shorthair first time in Bollywood. His hair used to be bristled when he joined the film industry, but intensive care and continuous gelling made SRK’s hair soft.
Posted 03 Dec 2008

Rain Man says
cool pictures n a cool new look...tfs
Posted 03 Dec 2008

Srk name will be Rizwan Khan
Posted 04 Dec 2008

SRK's a BHUDDA.COM EW EW EW EW
Posted 04 Dec 2008

**sensational** said:

tumne kaunsa shadi karni hai ussey
Posted 05 Dec 2008

Shah Rukh Khan, Kajol and Karan Johar have given us some of the biggest blockbusters of Hindi cinema such as Kuch Kuch Hota Hai and Kabhi Khushi Kabhie Gham. Hence, when the trio is coming back with a film after a hiatus of nearly 8 years, then expectations are bound to be gargantuan.

Shooting for Dharma Productions' My Name Is Khan starring SRK and Kajol in lead roles is currently underway in and around Los Angeles. The buzz is that SRK plays a person suffering from Asperser's Syndrome (an autism related disorder) who gets into trouble with cops abroad especially because of his surname 'Khan'. Kajol plays SRK's better-half in the film. Even though the film has a serious undertone, with best buddies SRK, KJo and Kajol coming together, the atmosphere on the sets is one of fun and frolic.

SRK's witty one-liners combined with KJo's wacky sense of humor is sure to keep the unit members entertained. As for the film, all eyes are curious to see if these three best buddies can translate their real life Dostana onto reel-life one more time.
Posted 10 Jan 2009

My Name Is Khan´:Jimmy Shergill Replaces Aamir & Joins Shah Rukh!

As is known, some cast and crew members of Karan Johar's upcoming venture with Shah Rukh Khan, 'My Name Is Khan, were denied US visa. One of the cast member was Aamir Bashir. As per sources he has now been replaced in film by actor Jimmy Shergill.The actor is all set to leave for US on January 20 and join the ongoing shooting in Los Angeles.

Incidentally, this will be Jimmy's second film with King Khan after Aditya Chopra's 'Mohabbatein'.
source: planetbollywood
Posted 10 Jan 2009

Miss mine says
dustin hoffmans was an awesome actor in Rain man
hard act to follow in this remake..
Posted 10 Jan 2009

By now every Bollywood buff is well aware that Shah Rukh Khan and Kajol are busy shooting for Karan Johar's My Name Is Khan in the US of A. While a few days ago, we showed you some on the sets stills of SRK and KJo having fun whilst shooting, today we bring you the 'Awesome Threesome' of SRK, Kajol and KJo on the sets of My Name Is Khan.

While SRK and Kajol are dressed in black formals with dark black shades (a-la Men in Black), even Karan Johar is seen in a black fur coat. One of the shots even has SRK holding a walkie-talkie. Wonder if he is doling out instructions to his staff or following KJo's orders?

My Name Is Khan has SRK playing a person suffering from an autism related disorder, who gets into trouble with cops abroad especially because of his surname 'Khan'. Kajol plays SRK's better-half in the film. The film is among the most awaited films of the year as it brings together the trio of SRK, Kajol and KJo after a hiatus of 8 years. We too can't wait to see Bollywood's hottest jodi create on screen magic one more time.

Posted 16 Jan 2009

sweetie says
hit jori
Posted 17 Jan 2009

Rain Man says
"my name is Khan & i'm not a terrorist"
Posted 18 Jan 2009

~CHANDNI~ says
Posted 24 Jan 2009

shaista says
**sensational** said:

well, budha hai. but a very goodlooking budha.

Posted 24 Jan 2009

It was our fault! Ajay Devgan and Kajol with Nysa

Kajol is presently stationed in Los Angeles, shooting for My Name Is Khan. But no-one knows of the hungama that took place at the international airport on the night of her departure from Mumbai, to join the crew of Karan Johar's film.
The actress was scheduled to leave the city on January 5 with her beti Nysa, mother Tanuja and sister Tanishaa. But when the four reached immigration, the officials refused to let Nysa through as she didn't have a valid US visa!
Ican't!
Kajol refused to board the flight without her daughter. Says a source close to the actress, "Kajol dotes on Nysa and she hasn't spent even a day away from her. She was in tears when she realised about the visa goof-up. She couldn't leave her daughter behind; even Ajay wasn't in Mumbai". Karan panicked when Kajol called him to request him to let her delay her arrival. An adamant Karan told the actress that she had to board the flight, no matter what. He had to shoot scenes with her and SRK on January 7, and there was no way that he could postpone the shoot.
Reaching a solution
The actress pleaded with Karan to give her 24 hours to work out a solution. The director finally relented. The atmosphere on the sets in LA was tense, when they learned about the delay in the actress' plan. The following day, Kajol got in touch with Karan's office, who began working on Nysa's visa, There was a further change in plans. Kajol would go to LA, accompanied by her mom. She requested her sister Tanishaa would stay back with Nysa. So while Kajol reached LA on the 7th, her daughter and sister finally left Mumbai on January 13.
Kajol's husband Ajay confirms, "It was our mistake. We should have checked Nysa's passport to see if she had a proper US visa. Karan had left it to us to update Nysa's visa, we assumed she had a 10-year- visa like Kajol and myself. When Kajol went to the airport they discovered Nysa didn't have it. Kajol was very upset but stayed back for a day to sort out the matter while Tanishaa was with Nysa till she got her visa and joined Kajol five days later."

Posted 27 Jan 2009

~CHANDNI~ says
**sensational** said:

Posted 27 Jan 2009

My Name is Khan heads to the White House

Karan Johar’s My Name is Khan is currently being shot in Los Angeles. But sources from the set say that the crew will be heading to Washington in the future as well. That’s because Johar plans to shoot a sequence at the White House as well.

“Karan wants to shoot a sequence at the White House. The film is set against the aftermath of 9/11 in America and keeping the storyline in mind, Karan thinks filming at the prestigious White House will be a coup of sorts for him,” says the source.

However, there are many complications involved with filming at the White House. First and foremost being that no one is allowed to film inside it!

“From what the officials have said no one has really been allowed to film inside the White House. Sure we can set up the crew and film it from the street like how most tourists do but what Karan wants is to be inside the main gates. Getting that isn’t going to be so easy,” says the source.

But knowing Karan Johar, he has the ability of managing things that others can’t. While shooting Kabhi Khushi Kabhi Ghum, the director had rented the entire British Museum for the day for a hefty price - all for one sequence that has Hrithik Roshan dance on the long winding steps of the Museum.

Karan Johar’s My Name is Khan revolves around a Muslim called Rizwan Khan played by SRK who suffers from Aspergers syndrome (a form of autism which impacts social interaction abilities). US authorities detain him after mistaking his disability as suspicious behavior. Kajol plays his wife. It is believed that the film is based on a real life story.

Posted 30 Jan 2009

Rain Man says
nice more power to Karan, hope he gets permission for that...
Posted 08 Feb 2009

Contrary to reports that Shah Rukh Khan's shoulder would've healed on its own if he didn't have to do serious stunts right away, the actor's shoulder needed immediate and urgent repairing.

Says a source, "As usual Shah Rukh was busy making light of his discomfort even hours after surgery, but the fact is, the injury was far more serious than it appeared. The doctors had recommended quick and urgent surgery months ago. But the workaholic that he is, Shah Rukh kept postponing the inevitable surgery until after Karan Johar's schedule of My Name Is Khan and the promotion of Billu."

The healing process after the surgery is going to take at least a couple of months. Says a source, "Karan Johar has willingly postponed the next schedule. But Shabana Azmi who was supposed to play Shah Rukh's mother would not have the required dates. Her role would now have to be recast as per Shah Rukh's recovery and renewal of shooting."

Posted 21 Feb 2009

Reply to Topic