Ramchand Pakistani [Movie Review]

2215 views 15 replies
Reply to Topic
charizmatic

Total Posts: 5317

If u ve loved khuda ke liye for its well crafted script and brilliant performances ur gonna love ramchand pakistani as well, Another master peice from pakistan television's finest story teller & director.
Its a story of father son and her mother, incidently the father and son crossed the border and they were kept by indian border security forces and they transffered to jail where they spend good five years of thier life before getting released.The story and screenplay is simple yet extremely powerfull and engaging inspite of the fact that film is quite slow paced it still manages get ur attention just cuz of natural performances and brilliantly written dialogues.Technically the film is of international standard the cinematography by sofian khan, editing by mehreen herself and some other guy is very good, although i beleive the ending cud have been much better but apart from that its a brilliant film.
Nandita das and young kid stole the show completely specially the small kid said alot with his expressive eyes,rashid farooqui, maria wasti, noman ejaz, shahood alvi, adnan shah all gave excellent performances they all r natural and thier performances are straight out of life specially the reallistic effect created in the jail sequences is clapp worthy.Mehreen jabbar as director did full justice to her talent she is undoubtedly the best female director rite now.
On the whole Ramchand pakistani is an excellent movie but hey please dont expect item numbers vulgar dances and romantic songs cuz its a reallistic movie based on a real event, comercially it may not be a success story at the local box office but if u ask me it shud be an oscar entry from pakistan this year.
Strongly Reccomended

Enjoy some movie shots i took in theatre.

Posted 08 Aug 2008

Reply to Topic