Nirma - Rani Mukherjee??

6089 views 15 replies
Reply to Topic
deely

Total Posts: 1203

FOR Bollywood actress Rani Mukherji her film 'Black', in which she played a deaf and mute girl, may be the thing of the past, but she will be elated to know that one up-and-coming actress across the border is taking inspiration from the critical movie and follow in her footsteps to become like her.

Talking to UNI, Pakistani actress Nirma, whose real name is Ayesha Jehangir, said,'' I want to play the role like Rani played in Sanjay Leela's Bhansali's 'Black'.

I am all praise for the role Rani essayed in the film. Her performace in the film was excellent and outstanding. I was really impressed by her performance. I am not a Rani Mukherji's fan but I must say her performance was par excellence.

Given a chance, even I would like to play a role like that and would also like to be known as Rani Mukherji of Lollywood.'' Asked who are her favourite actor and actress in Bollywood, she said, ''If you go by lookwise, then John Abraham is my favourite, but acting wise Aamir Khan is an all-time favourite.

Though I have not watched his latest release 'Mangal Pandey- The Rising', I have seen some promos of the film. In actresses I like Aishwarya Rai beauty wise, but acting wise Rani Mukherji gets the top slot.

The dusky actress, who spent most of her life in Kuwait and did BSc, said,'I never thought I would become an actress. It just happened. Initially, there was some resistance when I decided to join films but somehow my mom got around and I was allowed to work in films.'

Is she presently doing any Hindi film, the actress, who has done 15 films in Pakistan, including 'Karz', 'Babul Da Werah' and 'Aik Aur Love Story', said, Some proposals came my way. But I turned them down. I will not name those producers and directors whose films I rejected because they had nothing to offer in terms of acting.

They might take offence to it. But if a meaty and worthwhile role comes my way, I will definitely accept it. The role may be a short one but it should provide me enough opportunities to show my acting prowess and potential. I want to do only good roles.''

A major controversy erupted in Pakistan when another Pakistani actress Meera gave a kissing scene in Mahesh Bhatt's 'Nazar'. Is she ready to lock lips in Bollywood films if it is the demand of the scene? The lissome lass stressed, See, exposure is not an alien concept in Bollywood.

In every film, actresses are shedding clothes like there is no tomorrow. I must add here that in 'Julie' Neha Dhupia almost wore nothing.

So, what I am saying is skin-show is prevalent in the industry and even if I am offered one such role where the character needs to shed clothes and the situation demands it, I am all game. But it should not look vulgar and be shot aesthetically. It should not be forced in the film.

It is her second trip to India. Two years ago, Nirma came to the country in connection with the shooting of an advertisement. Which is her favourite spot in the country? The actress informed, Taj Maha in Agra is one of my favourite spots in India.

But given a chance, I would like to visit Ajmer Sharif. This timemy visa does not allow me to visit that place, but next time I would try to go there.

On her take on the King of Bollywood Shah Rukh Khan, the Pakistani belle said, He is a great actor and an institution and academy in himself.

Asked if given an offer would she like to do an item number in Hindi films, the actress averred, I am not opposed to the concept of item numbers in films. I have seen some item numbers like that of Lara Dutta in 'Khakee'. But I must say that I would not like to begin my Bollywood career with an item number.

And which are her favourite actresses of yesteryears? She said, I like some of the roles enacted by Shabana Azmi and Smita Patil.

But I must say 'Black' is my all time favourite. The actress, who likes to dress casually in a shirt and a pair of jeans, strongly endorses lifting of the ban on Hindi films in her country.

She said; Art knows no boundaries. And the ban on Hindi films in Pakistan should go. I will definitely appeal to the Govenrment of my country to lift the ban. There should be more and more cultural exchanges between India and Pakistan. The cultures and languages of both the countries are same, so we should join hands.

Lollywood and Bollywood must come together to compete with Hollywood. Our Lollywood may be small in comparison to Bollywood, but there is no lack of talent.

Our artistes have enough potential and talent and given a chance they can do wonders. The actress is also a strong supporter of strong and better ties between the two countries.

It is good that the relations between the two countries are improving and there are more people-to-people contacts taking place. We should live in harmony and peace.

It will help both the nations prosper, the Pakistani beauty, who has also done two music videos, philosophised.
Posted 05 Dec 2009

Reply to Topic