the current miss pakistan..

1819 views 24 replies
Reply to Topic
paki lion

Total Posts: 1162

I BEG U ALL! DONT START ABOUT ISLAM OR WHAT SO EVER! JUST APPRECIATE IT!

The country that sparked one of last year's major controversies in the international pageant arena has lots more to offer in the same department this year. And a familiar face is part of it.

"Natasha Newcombe, Miss Pakistan 2003, is unable to attend Miss Earth this year, as she has her exams in November, and I believe she has a very valid reason," said Miss Naomi Alseworth of the Miss Earth Pakistan Organization, speaking to reporters in Karachi.

So, will Pakistan be unrepresented at Miss Earth in October 2003? No, no, let Miss Alseworth finish! She was beaming as she made the announcement: "Instead of quitting our representation, we considered and finalized Miss Ghassan for this year's event. [She] unfortunately couldn't represent Pakistan last year, and we believe she deserves it!"

Miss Ghassan" is Najah Ghassan, 18. "I am all ready to be the environmental emissary from Pakistan for the Miss Earth contest," she said. "Whether I win or lose the internationally coveted crown is not important for me, but the most important thing for me is to spotlight Pakistan further and promote environmental awareness, especially in the participating countries, and promote Pakistan as an exciting new tourist destination."

But doesn't her name sound familiar? Yes, absolutely.

In late 2001 and early 2002, Pakistan was thrust into the middle of an international crisis through no desire of its own. But with the attention came a real benefit. The best-kept secret in the pageant world was revealed. Pakistan has pageants, and beautiful women.

But the Pakistani pageant scene had its own share of turmoil in 2002, with girls being chosen, replaced and reinstated. Ms. Ghassan was part of that scene. If you search for her name in the PNB key word file, you can trace the chronology.

Now she's back, and in addition to being a pageant star again, she's debuting in a Lollywood flick. ("Lollywood" is the Pakistani equivalent of Hollywood and Bollywood.) You can see her dancing all the way to stardom this October in Manila, where her film producers plan to premiere it.

I AM TELLING U AGAIN DONT START ABOUT ISLAM OR WHATSOEVER..COZ NO ONE IS A TRUE MUSLIM! SO NO USE OF POINTS TO CRITICIZE EACH OTHER!
Posted 24 Oct 2003

Reply to Topic