To build up the first layer

817 views 3 replies
Reply to Topic
fangxu0220

Total Posts: 0

With some help from Mother Nature and the constant boost from my refrigeration system, we will be skating on our backyard rink in November for the first time EVER. Kevon Looney Swingman Jersey . Monday was a full work day. The liner was put down, the mat was plumbed and installed and the chiller unit was fired up for the first time this season. To build up the first layer of ice, I flooded multiple times on Day 1 - using a light spray to ensure each flood was completely freezing before repeating the process. Tuesday - for professional reasons beyond my control - was a write-off. But in between calls, texts and emails, we attacked the rink on Wednesday to bring the ice up to a nice base and ready for more aggressive flooding. Hampered by a head cold, I sneezed and wheezed my way through a few more floods late Wednesday night to make sure I would be on schedule to kick in to the finishing stage on Thursday. Now this stage requires some serious manual labour. It includes surrounding the rink frame with another run of 2 x 10s before installing the 4 x 8 boards below the netting in what has been transformed over the years into the "shooting zone." Once the boards have been installed, the flooding will resume - using mostly hot water to melt away imperfections. I will shave the problem areas with a heavy, razor-sharp scraper in between the hot-floods to give it a game ready finish. Im not going to lie, this has been a tough week. But working outdoors and watching how quickly the rink now comes together definitely has its therapeutic benefits.  Check out a few photos in the gallery. More pics to come! Also, send over some of your pics on Twitter! Jason Thompson Authentic Jersey . And he was nowhere near his best Friday night. And yet, he still won. Pablo Sandoval and Brandon Hicks homered to back a wildly effective Lincecum, and the San Francisco Giants beat the Minnesota Twins 6-2. Jason Thompson Swingman Jersey . Villarreal missed midfielders Bruno Soriano and Cani and was held in check until just after the restart when Jeremy Perbet redirected the ball into the net. The hosts went on to produce another impressive performance at their Madrigal Stadium and Manuel Trigueros doubled the lead from long range in the 55th.ST. LOUIS -- The last time Shaun Hill got extensive playing time was in 2010, when Matthew Stafford went down in the Detroit Lions opener. The veteran quarterback is set to replace another high-profile starter, stepping in for Sam Bradford with the St. Louis Rams. Predictions of a breakthrough season took a serious hit when Bradford tore his left ACL for the second time in nine months in the third preseason game at Cleveland. One betting service, Bovada, knocked down the over-under on total wins from 7.5 to 6.5. Since the injury, coach Jeff Fisher has projected total confidence in the 34-year-old Hill, who threw just 16 passes the previous three years in Detroit and none at all last year, running the offence for the long haul. Whether hell be holding a clipboard or barking out signals, Hill always gets ready to start. "Ive said this plenty of times, but Ive always kind of tried to take that same mindset as if I was going to be playing," Hill said after practice Wednesday. "Thats the only way I know how to prepare." The shock of losing Bradford again, Fisher said, lasted just a few days. "Theres nothing Sam was doing," Fisher said, "that Shaun cant do. Weve committed to Shaun for the year." Hill and the rest of the starters were held out of the preseason finale after five starters were injured in Week 3. Of the four others, only cornerback Trumaine Johnson remains sidelined, likely out the first month with a knee injury. The Rams claimed another quarterback with starting experience, Case Keenum, on waivers from the Texans this week. Austin Davis remains the backup, while Keenum takes a crash course on a new playbook. "Its like speaking a different language," Keenum said. "Im trying to learn another language as fast as I can." Hills arm is not as strong as Bradfords, but hes not worried about style points heading into Suundays opener against the Minnesota Vikings. Stephen Curry Swingman Jersey. Like Minnesotas Matt Cassel, Hill has built a pretty nice career after entering the NFL as a fringe prospect. "He gets it where its supposed to be so we can make plays," wide receiver Kenny Britt said. "As wide receivers, our job is to make the quarterback look good. "Im excited about what were doing with this offence." Cassel was seventh-round pick and Hill was undrafted out of Maryland, beginning his career in Minnesota in 2002. Hill didnt play at all his first three seasons and made his debut in the 2005 finale, kneeling down to kill the clock in a victory over the Bears, and made his first career start in 2007. "Youve got a bond right there, staying in the league for a while," Cassel said. "I wish him nothing but success, except for when he plays us." Hill is set for his second career opening start, and first since 09 with the 49ers. "Its a matter of reps. Hes taken all the reps since we got back from Cleveland and so hes got a good feel," Fisher said. "Hes got a good feel for what hes doing." The Rams were going to be run-first before Bradford was hurt with the trio of Zac Stacy, Benny Cunningham and rookie Tre Mason so theyre not as likely to dump it all on Hills shoulders. Drafting Greg Robinson No. 2 overall and re-signing guard Rodger Saffold to a free-agent deal fortified the line. Robinson has perhaps been held back by learning guard and tackle in training camp and wont start in the opener with Saffold getting the call at left guard and Davin Joseph at right guard. "We made the decision that in the opener were better off going with experience," Fisher said. "Hes going to be an outstanding player. "Our focus right now is putting the guys on the field that we think gives us our best chance to win right now." Cheap Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Wholesale Jerseys Cheap Jerseys Cheap NFL Jerseys Cheap Jerseys China Wholesale Jerseys ' ' '
Posted 27 May 2016

Reply to Topic