into second place, two points behind Chicago, in the

1327 views 13 replies
Reply to Topic
zgr123

Total Posts: 0

ST. Johnny Oduya Jersey . PAUL, Minn. -- The Minnesota Wild continued their strong play at home. Mikko Koivu scored two goals, including the winner with 3:12 remaining, and the Wild beat the Jets 2-1 to extend their winning streak to four games. With the game tied at 1-1, Koivu scored the winner with a one-timer that beat Ondrej Pavelec to the short side for his fourth goal of the season. "It was a fun game to be a part of, Im sure for both teams," said Koivu, who reacted quickly to a pass from winger Charlie Coyle, who made the pass while fighting off a check from Keaton Ellerby. "If that doesnt get you into the game, you shouldnt be here," Koivu said. "It was amazing, and it was fun to play." In the end, more fun for the Wild, who extended their points streak to eight games (7-0-1) and pulled into second place, two points behind Chicago, in the Central Division. They also extended their home winning streak to six games and are 10-1-2 at home. Winnipeg had its four-game winning streak snapped and fell behind in the top-heavy Western Conference, where five teams -- including the Wild -- have at least 30 points. The East has none. "It was a really tough game to lose because I thought our guys were very engaged in the game, really wanted to have a good outcome," Jets coach Claude Noel said. Wild goaltender Josh Harding made 21 saves for his 12th victory. He improved to 10-0-0 at home and lowered his goals-against average to 1.25, second in the NHL to Los Angeles Ben Scrivens (1.24). Harding heard the Jets fans who made the trip from Manitoba. "They have some loyal fans," Harding said. "Its so exciting playing in that game. The atmosphere is incredible. It almost feels like youre in a playoff game. I dont know if Ive ever been taunted that much in a home game. ... If I let that get to me, I have some problems." Koivu opened the scoring in a first period dominated by Minnesota, which held the Jets to just two shots on goal. The Wild captain corralled a pass from Zach Parise in the slot and sent a quick wrist shot past Pavelec at 16:37. Parises assist gave him 13 points in his past 12 games. The Jets rebounded with a strong second period, outshooting the Wild 14-8, but didnt score until Dustin Byfuglien, parked in the crease, deflected a slap shot from Bryan Little to tie the score at 1-1 just 54 seconds into the third period. But for the second time in as many games, the Wild responded to a tying goal with the winner. They beat Florida 3-2 on Friday after blowing a 2-0 first-period lead. "Theyre a hard-working fast team that gets the puck in deep and grinds out," Ellerby said. "Its frustrating playing against that team." NOTES: Winnipegs two shots in the first period were the fewest the Wild have allowed in a period this season. ... The Wilds eight-game points streak is their best since they were also 7-0-1 between Oct. 4-21, 2007. . Coyle has five points (two goals, three assists) in six games since returning from a 12-game absence because of a knee injury. . Harding has a 1.15 GAA in his 10 starts at home. Mike Gartner Jersey . -- Caris LeVert had 14 points and a career-high 11 rebounds for his first career double-double, and No. Ales Hemsky Stars Jersey . The former world No. 1 Djokovic, who is the top seed here despite being ranked No. 2, snuck past 35-year-old Czech showman Radek Stepanek in four high- quality sets, 6-4, 6-3, 6-7 (5-7), 7-6 (7-5), on Centre Court. Djokovic appeared relieved when he converted on his first match point by swatting a cross-court forehand winner that just caught the line to end an affair that featured only two service breaks.Stuart Broad is desperate to play in the 2019 World Cup, despite not being part of Englands one-day international squad since February. The bowler was selected for Englands recent Test draw with Pakistan in August, but failed to earn a place in the ODI squad. Broad has also missed out on a call-up for the three-match ODI series against Bangladesh, which begins on Friday, live on Sky Sports 2. England warmed up for the series with a four-wicket win over a BCB Select XI on Tuesday, and although national coach Trevor Bayliss insisted the door is not closed on Broads ODI career, the Nottinghamshire 30-year-old is already concerned by his lack of white-ball time with the World Cup in England three years away.  Im desperate, as I think every England cricketer would be, to play at the 2019 World Cup in England, Broad told Sky Sports News HQ. It is a long way away but it will creep up. Broad (C) has not played ODI cricket for England since February The tricky part of playing a lot of test cricket, Ive played 48 on the bounce now, is you dont actually get a lot of time to play white-ball cricket so its quite hard to keep up with the standard in a game that moves forward so quickly.Im trying to find more time to play white-ball cricket. Ive got a bit of a proven track record with the white ball, my stats are pretty good in the 50-over stuff, I just need to play a bit more of it.  Stand-in one-day captain Jos Buttler hit a match winning innings of 80 not out to give England a winning start on their tour of Bangladesh Broad also had sympathy for County Championship side Durham after the club were relegated to Division Two as a punishment for their financial problems. Antoine Roussel Jersey.  Its a real shame for their players, I imagine theyll be gutted, Broad added. Theyve played well this season but I think Paul Collingwood summed it up really well yesterday, theyre better being in Division Two than there being no Durham at all. You can watch Englands tour of Bangladesh, plus Premier League football and the Japan Grand Prix on Sky Sports. Upgrade now and enjoy three months at half price! Also See: England call uncapped trio Hussain: Bangladesh not easy Bangladesh fixtures/results England fixtures/results Cheap NFL Jerseys nfl jerseys china ' ' '
Posted 27 Dec 2016

Reply to Topic