Historic HR saves Mets and bails out Harvey

853 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
pinkpink

Total Posts: 0

This didn’t just have the hallmarks of a Mets loss. This had the makings of many more to come.
Again, Matt Harvey was a mess, surrendering three home runs Wednesday night, and getting pulled after just four innings due to arm fatigue. Again, the Mets lost one of their best hitters, with Neil Walker limping off the field — and toward an appointment Eddie Robinson Authentic Jersey for an MRI exam — with an apparent left hamstring injury.
Yet, even with their former ace’s latest poor performance (and troubling aftereffects from undergoing surgery for thoracic outlet syndrome) and another key offensive weapon going down, the Mets rallied from a three-run deficit to pull out a 9-4 win over the Cubs at Citi Field, following Curtis Granderson’s 300th career home run, which sparked a five-run eighth inning.
The Mets, who trail the first-place Nationals by 8 ? games as their four-game series begins Thursday in Queens, have won five of http://www.officialindianstore.com/Eddie_Robinson_Jersey their past six games, after taking two of three from the defending champion Cubs.
“This was a big win for us, especially going into [the Washington series],” manager Terry Collins said. “I know what [the Cubs’] record is, but they’re still the world champs, and they’re still a very good team. To come back against them, I think it was a great win for us.”
Though Harvey’s outing — which opened with home runs allowed to Chicago’s first two hitters, and featured fastballs that failed to break 90 mph — appeared to signal the Mets’ second straight loss, the team’s much-maligned bullpen bailed him out by pitching five innings of scoreless relief.
After overcoming an early 4-1 deficit, the Mets took their first lead of the game on Granderson’s solo shot in the eighth inning, which made the outfielder the ninth active player with at least 300 home runs.
Lucas Duda, who entered the game because of Walker’s injury, followed shortly after that with a game-sealing three-run homer.
“You give [Granderson] a night off, he’s not upset. He’s not down. He gets ready to play,” Collins said. “You go through the years and you’ve got that kind of an outlook, you don’t get down. You just enjoy playing and that’s what he is. … He can be 0-for-5 and you would think he’s 5-for-5. That’s how he approaches things.”
On an occasion fans once celebrated with unrivaled anticipation, Harvey the falling Carlos Martinez Womens Jersey star initially stripped the building of its buzz, earning sarcastic applause after recording his first out.
After Harvey threw just 58 pitches, which included a two-run home run by Kyle Schwarber which cleared the Shea Bridge in right-center field and put the Cubs up by three, Collins ended his starter’s night after he and pitching coach Dan Warthen were concerned with what they had seen.
“I looked up a few times and saw 86, 87 on my fastball,” Harvey said. “That’s not ideal and not something I’m used to. I think the last time I threw 87 on my fastball was probably freshman year of high school.”
When Harvey left, another starter took his place, helping turn the game at the plate.
Steven Matz pinch-hit for Harvey with the bases loaded in the fourth inning, and beat out an infield single for an RBI. Juan Lagares followed with a sacrifice fly, and then added a game-tying, two-out triple in the sixth.
“Even though we were down 4-1, the sense was we were down a lot more than that with all the Cubs fans here http://www.officialbaseballcardinalsstore.com/Carlos_Martinez_Jersey cheering as loud as they were, the way that they did,” Granderson said. “We [had to] continue to keep guys realizing that this thing is far from over, that we got a lot of opportunities left.”
It is June. It is far from over.
Posted 15 Jun 2017

lifetime says
Really good, I was looking for bail bond colorado springs services I found them they did very well
Posted 31 Oct 2020

Reply to Topic