Depressed Ali Haider plans to leave Pakis

1440 views 22 replies
Reply to Topic
subha

Total Posts: 5274

Highly depressed Ali Hyder, one of the top pop singers of Pakistan, on Tuesday said he had decided to leave the country following his abject defamation by police, who have immediately denied the accusation.

"I was utterly shocked when police, without any proof, barged into the house where I was a guest and just sitting with other people," the versatile and highly prolific young singer told.

"I am highly depressed and have decided to leave the country as well as music forever following my spotless character’s assassination," he said. "The people, who are my sympathisers and love my singing know me and my life-style and I don’t bother about the people, who do not like me."

The disgruntled Ali Haider said he was waiting to see how many doors would be broken by the police on the night of December 31 (New Year night) and how many people would be picked up on charges of consuming alcohol.

"I have been singing for the people and the country for the last 15 years and the way I have been rewarded is not only unbearable for me and my family but for my lovers as well," sombre looking Ali Haider complained.

"Although, I am not feeling guilty as I never did any thing against the norms and law, this incident has broken my heart and I have decided to quit the country as soon as possible and will not sing any more," he said with a tone of determination in his voice.

It is pertinent to mention here that the Gizri police had picked up Ali Hyder along with his two friends, including a Lahore-based model girl, on suspicion of consuming alcohol on December 28.
Posted 13 Jan 2004

Reply to Topic