Reema in Bollywood

4118 views 64 replies
Reply to Topic
jason statham

Total Posts: 2999

The Indian press has crowned her the Aishwarya Rai of Pakistan - after Bollywood's most successful female star.

A household name in Pakistan after having acted in nearly 200 films, Reema is visiting the western Indian city of Bombay - home to India's famously prolific film industry. At parties thrown in her honour by Indian film legends, Reema says she brings a message of peace from across the border.

"People in both countries want peace,and I bring this message with me to further better relations between the two countries."

It is a hope echoed by those she has met in Bombay (Mumbai).

"They all want Indian artists to work in Pakistan and Pakistani artists to work in India," says Reema.

Reema's reputation was built in the city of Lahore - home to Pakistan's answer to Bollywood, Lollywood. She says her visit to Bombay was prompted by the recent thaw in relations between her country and India. But she charmingly turns down cliched roles in the more improbable love stories featuring Indian boys and Pakistani girls.

"How many times will you do the same story?" she asks, as producers and directors entreat her to play a part in their latest ventures. Reema believes artistes in the two countries can help bring the two countries closer.

Accompanying her in Bombay are the producer, Mohammed Shoaib Alam, the veteran director and actor, Rangeela, and the classical singer, Ustad Rafaqat Ali Khan.

"I think technically Bollywood is better, but despite being much smaller, there is no dearth of talent in Lollywood,"

Asked about fellow Pakistani actresses who failed to make it big in Bollywood, Reema suggests they may not have been good enough all-rounders. While some were good actresses, they couldn't dance, while others who could sway to the tunes were not fine enough performers. But she is confident she will make it.

She has certainly been busy enough in Bombay, passing time with countless big names - Rakesh Roshan and his son, Hrithik, as well as producers Ramesh Sippy, Bharat Shah, Jeetendra and Sawan Kumar. Asked which Bollywood actors she would most like to have worked with, the answer, predictably enough, was vintage screen idols Amitabh Bachchan and Dilip Kumar.

"I am overwhelmed by the love and affection showered on me by the Indians, the media and the film industry
Posted 26 Jan 2004

u have her pics??
Posted 26 Jan 2004

Posted 26 Jan 2004

MrDeath says
but see she is good but not like ash.
Posted 27 Jan 2004

mr death this is first time im gonna agree wid u lolz
Posted 27 Jan 2004

~Fragi~ says
shez akh thu ............................aish kahan yeh kahan
Posted 27 Jan 2004

STANDARD says
I agree...ffm...first time.
nobody interested reema...my mood has off thus face..
bakwas...
Posted 27 Jan 2004

ffm said:

shez akh thu ............................aish kahan yeh kahan

Posted 27 Jan 2004

slik chik says
THING IS SHE MIGHT HAVE BEEN PRETTY, BUT SHES BEEN SO OVEREXPOSED NOW, THAN U DONT FIND HER FACE CHARMING OR WATEVER!
Posted 27 Jan 2004

MrDeath says
thang god.. i was wondorin wat kinda response i would get... i mean.. she is worst then those hosts tat come on ptv.
Posted 28 Jan 2004

slik chik says
she aint that bad due, n not all the indi hosts r great lookin either, its jus the lack of clothes that destracts u from there faces! dats it dude!
Posted 28 Jan 2004

MrDeath says
ye indi host ki baat kahan se aa gaye??
Posted 30 Jan 2004

well we r short of pretty faces in lollywood.
Posted 30 Jan 2004

scotchtape says
Reema in Bollywood!

Posted 31 Jan 2004

MrDeath says
stupid
Posted 31 Jan 2004

paki lion says
she is also talking wid dharmendra whose family are well known as anti pakistani hawks!
Posted 01 Feb 2004

MrDeath says
wat would she be talkin???
Posted 01 Feb 2004

golimaro says
the pics r really impressive like her personality.it is sure that she has maintained her honour otherwise she would have sighned movies th.ere
Posted 01 Feb 2004

golimaro says
she is pretty or not that is another question guys she isis most famous n confident n educated heroine in lollywood thats why she is compared to ash.there may b some exaggeration there but if she has been given protocol it means she is something.mano or na mano.
Posted 01 Feb 2004

golimaro says
she is pretty or not that is another question guys she isis most famous n confident n educated heroine in lollywood thats why she is compared to ash.there may b some exaggeration there but if she has been given protocol it means she is something.mano or na mano.
Posted 01 Feb 2004

STANDARD says
golimaro..reema only chalo girl...that's only thing...and she has learned english with english turtor..
Posted 01 Feb 2004

golimaro says
other heroines of lollywood wuold have been tried too lan thn bt thy ddnt cz thy dnt hav th gts.
Posted 01 Feb 2004

golimaro says
e very person has rights to improve himself if reema is improve herslf givee heer credite is pride of loollywood ydakh
Posted 01 Feb 2004

STANDARD says
yeah..but reema was not a good actress..she has no movie..people cannot any movie..who r descent and no such good song..but

she is directing movie..let's see if she'll good work then we'll appreciate.
Posted 02 Feb 2004

MrDeath says
Posted 03 Feb 2004

STANDARD says
kia sumj nahi aya deatho.
Posted 03 Feb 2004

MrDeath says
samajh hoti to kya me doctor ya enggineeer nahin hota??
Posted 04 Feb 2004

golimaro says
ydakh if u havent watched her movies to is main us ka kia kasoor hai.ive watched all of her urdu movies n some punjabi films.though her fw films r hit bbut her acting is good in manny movies.im not talking abbout her old films with shan in that she looked cartoon but in new era she was good from most of the heroines.she is good i dresses.rahi bbaat dace ki to she has bbeen misused she is good dancer like maduri.u may have watched her clasical dances onn stage.ive seenn films on tv .other heroines r even worst in dance.
Posted 08 Feb 2004

STANDARD says
she is only famous for dance..but acting is weak...
mojority of our public dont see bad sound paki movie..
ok u accept old director have blender faults...
they hardly know about films..they copy noborhood movie badly.
but recent project of reema is making in a good ways..hopefully it will good as javaid sheikh.
Posted 08 Feb 2004

scotchtape says
Just found this picture.
Posted 14 Feb 2004

MR PERFECT says
reema's the best dressed! and she looks good 2 boot.
Posted 14 Feb 2004

Reply to Topic