Zee Cine Awards 2004

4726 views 34 replies
Reply to Topic
abrar_bombay

Total Posts: 38

Zee Cine Awards 2004

The awards was undoubteldy the best amongst the four awards held in bollwyood this year. Awaiting IIFA awards, which promises to be good too.

The Best part of Zee Cine Awards 2004 was Juhi Chawla singling kal Ho Na Ho title song (slow version). Juhi Chawla had all the audience stunned, especially Sushmita Sen, who could not believe her ears. Juhi sang with elan and soothing melody that even can even give Alka Yagnik a complex.

Then came Pakistani comedian Omar Sharief, about whom i had heard a lot, but had very less chance of listening on stage, as Pakistan's TV channels are not aired anywhere in Mumbai. Omar sharief had me and my family members bursting into laghter. I liked the joke he made on woman make-up saying maut ke farishtey get deceived by the heavy make-up that woman put on their face, making them to live longer. It had the entire bollywood fraternity laugh louder. Then came even better joke on Dilwale Dulhania Le Jaayenge. Omar said that woman fans were praying on the last train scene that "ya allah main do rakat nafil padoongi agar kajor train pe chad gayee to". The comic performace was amazing.

The other performace that stood really out and outof all were, Hrithik Roshan's spectacular display of his dancing talent. Preity Zinta and Hrithik Roshan had the audience saying "Paisaa Vasool".

Shahrukh was as always at his best. Dacing with 3 audience that he called up on stage and who walkey away with no small goodies like Samsung Plasma TVs, DVD players and Mobile Phones.   

Juhi Chawla teasing karan johar after kal ho na ho lost to Koi mil gaya. Juhi teased Karan with a song "koi hil gaya".

The lifetime achievement award was also god and the performace together was amazing by all stars.   Lara duuta was good at start. Saif seem to had the female audience shouting for more after his performance.

Urmila walked away with the best actress award along with a Chevrolet Octra Car, thanks to the 2 million votes that she received form her fans including myself.

Hrithik won the best actor award for his magnificent performance in Koi Mil Gaya.

There were several good moments and also quite a few pakistani artist. There were actress Reema Khan and Resham, whom we were watching for the first time. Reema khan looked good mature actress. Miss Resham was with Shahrukh, she looked very nervous with Shahrukh. One thing I noticed was that her film names were all of bandits and dacoits like jeeva and all. And one of the very funny name of her film was dupatta jalta jaay or something like that.   Shahrukh picked up on this and said that we will be waiting fot the rest of the wardrobe to burn out. That was funny. Resham also is said to have worked in 100 movies in 8 years, which really made all of us wonder including shahrulh, if pakistani girls have better things to do in life. Shahrukh later said he was kidding. So this must not have disappointed resham.

Also heard that it was aired on Pakistnai TV channel. If this is true then it means good days for India-Pakistan friendship.

From the rumours in the Zee Office in Mumbai, it is heard that the next year's Zee Cine Awards will be held in Pakistan (probably Lahore) if things work out and relations between nations are normal.
Posted 28 Feb 2004

Reply to Topic