Pakistani Serials vs Indian Serials

2903 views 45 replies
Reply to Topic
Faisal_22_2004

Total Posts: 4

Have Pakistani Serials lost their edge over their Indian Counterparts. Why are Pakistani serials no longer viewed in India?

Is it because of the growing number of TV channels explosion in India and the popularity of Indian Saas Bahu serials in Pakistan and India.

Have the glamour, music and success of Indian Serials left the pakistani serials behind. Why are the pakistani serials not being able to generate huge amount of money like the India serials despite pakistani serials being popular in India as well in the early and late 80's.

Posted 03 Mar 2004

STANDARD says
u r comparing 100 crore pop. country than 14crore country..stupidity ..only money is not a guarantee of success and popularity..
pakistani dramas r still worth watched while indian drmas r not...only a few people interested.
Posted 03 Mar 2004

Saki says
NO WAY..pk dramas r way better than indians...
Posted 03 Mar 2004

Saki said:

NO WAY..pk dramas r way better than indians...

yeah...pak drama's r the best...indian drama's r nothing
Posted 03 Mar 2004

Saki says
shahrukh khan said:

indian dramas or soaps more like, go on and on and on and on.....
atleast ours have a satisfactory ends!
Posted 03 Mar 2004

Saki said:

shahrukh khan said:

just like kkusum...suspense kar rahe hain
Posted 03 Mar 2004

Rain Man says
indians make dramas with over 200 episodes, i don't even watch em, they always have same story rona dhona n nothing else, n most of the time they have film actors actresses workin there

PAK TV DRAMAS are the best...n that's it...no questions asked
Posted 03 Mar 2004

Ashii says
pakis serials r much better
but now a day wo baat nahi rahi but stillll
much beter than indies
Posted 03 Mar 2004

MR PERFECT says
i don't watch any indian ones, and i've only watched 1-2 pakistani ones. but i've been told by family and friends, both pakistani and indian, that pak drama's are better. they say they're more sophisticated....
Posted 03 Mar 2004

Rain Man says
yez
Posted 03 Mar 2004

~Fragi~ says
rite nfak .... secondly indianz r makin endles soaps .. na story ka pata na kuch ... so pakiz r much betta
Posted 03 Mar 2004

Rain Man says
yes
Posted 03 Mar 2004

Tight says
Indian dramas are only popular(if they are) in women.....Our serials are much much better....The best Drama on air these days is "poore chand ki rat".......brilliant script and flawless direction with amazingly well cast of performers for every character
Posted 04 Mar 2004

zeeyad says
pakistani serials.....does pakistan make tv serials?? nobody in india even knows that . indian serials are glamorous and grand and reflect popular culture. i have flipped thru ptv a few times and it is the most boring channel one could ever see. no offense. u dont have the aptitude for entertainment that s why indian channels were so populaR IN pakistan . also the fact tht they look so dated and the lifestyle shown is like how we lived in india in the 40's . there s no way an indian can identify with ur tv , not even muslims. ify are u so pakistani tv is better and more powerful then why are u so paranoid about our media entering ur country. i ll tell u why ..cause ur media or whatever it is would be wiped out clean. nobody wants to watch televsion from a theocraic society that is so unrealistically high on censorship and morality. inian tv is huge and u are right u cant compare a 1 billion people country to pakistan which is like as big as probably two states in india. ofcourse we have more resources and more money but that s not the only thing . other factors are freedom of speech and expression, censorship and ofcourse peoples attitude towards arts and entertainment. indians love to be entertained and we respect artists and give them the leverage to create whatever they want to . u have to change the whole social fabric of ur society to get it right, which is not possible since u are an islamic country. zeeyad38050.4881712963
Posted 04 Mar 2004

~Fragi~ says
ahhaha lolz @ Zeeyad ... i think ya aint gota valid point , go n revise it .
Posted 04 Mar 2004

zeeyad says
i just did fragi. sorry i was toning it down
Posted 04 Mar 2004

~Fragi~ says
k

well ya know ..

in d past paki dramaz were da best of da best

n dey were popular in both countries... n now adayz i dona think indiaz producing any good serial coz dey r only producing soaps .. wid da endless theme ...

khiar peace out
Posted 04 Mar 2004

zeeyad says
pakistani tv is not watched in india where people are just innundated with entertainment. music i ll agree and that s also case indian labels are pickin em up . trust me i know my countries metality havin lived there all my life and ur tv is dismissed as boring and outdated. this young generation in india which is so unbashedly liberal is changing the whole scenario. 99% of the population doesnt even take pakistan tv. maybe ur dramas are good but ur television production values are so poor that they are an eyesore . nobody in india would watch it .
Posted 04 Mar 2004

~Fragi~ says
well .... ya r too much biased wid yer opinion na .... and i know da reality coz me also belong to india ... whenever i have to visit to india i have to carry paki dramaz cdz n cassetez bag .. juz due to deir demand .. n i dona think indian young genration gona watch SOAPS ... coz woh tu boring n endliess theme k saath hotey hain ..
Posted 04 Mar 2004

zeeyad says
well u must be travelling to mohammadpur or somewhere.. lol kiddin ... ofcourse indian soaps are boring ..so are american soaps ..all soaps are boring but they are not made for u and me . regular tv serials the indian ones are slick and there are no technological comparisons . i know new delhi inside out and dont know a single soul that even knows that pakistan makes tv serials forget watching them . if u are an indian u know how we are now . just so consumed in this media blitz that our country provides us and the best of the rest of the world. pakistan tv doesnt even figure anywhere in this context
Posted 04 Mar 2004

~Fragi~ says
khiar abb no more debate on it ... coz jo bhi hia acha hee hai .. so peace out n over n out
Posted 04 Mar 2004

Saki says
Tight said:

Indian dramas are only popular(if they are) in women.....Our serials are much much better....The best Drama on air these days is "poore chand ki rat".......brilliant script and flawless direction with amazingly well cast of performers for every character

wicked...i totally love that drama. ..it has everything...direction, acting...its such a nice drama..
Posted 04 Mar 2004

zeeyad says
poore chand ki raat ....very interesting . baki kahani kya hai ..kutte bhonk rahe the ki nahi .lol
Posted 04 Mar 2004

~Fragi~ says
Lingoz muz b decent nuff ....
Posted 04 Mar 2004

zeeyad says
it was a jk ...whats wrong with u fragi
Posted 04 Mar 2004

~Fragi~ says
ehehhe i know .. per kuch ppl ney is baat ko galat lekar fite start kar deni thee so start mein hee bol dia na
Posted 04 Mar 2004

Ashii says
pakistani sarials vs indian sarials

arey pakis r the best,, spec in being sarial
ab mujhe koi kuch na kahe,, that s not my topic

Posted 04 Mar 2004

~Fragi~ says
SARIAL N SERIAL MEIN DIFF HAINA          
Posted 04 Mar 2004

zeeyad says
SALL said:

pakistani sarials vs indian sarials

arey pakis r the best,, spec in being sarial
ab mujhe koi kuch na kahe,, that s not my topic

hahahahahahahahahah
Posted 04 Mar 2004

imran21 says
And This India vs Pakisani serials Discussion Continues here:

http://www.voy.com/173836/

Posted 04 Mar 2004

Saki said:

shahrukh khan said:

tum ne meri baat cheen le
Posted 04 Mar 2004

Reply to Topic