Houston Texans defensive end Joel Heath returns home to visit Mount Healthy

143 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
Bellaaaa

Total Posts: 0

Joel Heath looked up at the commemorative football banners inside Mount Healthy’s gymnasium Friday morning and smiled.
All of his high school memories carried significance,womens Carl Davis Jersey, but the second-year Houston Texans defensive end still appreciates the journey to the NFL.
” said Heath,womens Tyus Bowser Jersey,“Mount Healthy is home for me, a 2011 Mount Healthy High School graduate. “When I come home I can reflect on everything I’ve been through and be able to see the streets I walked on as a kid. Just to be able to see that -- it gives you an extra boost on where I am going.”
Heath wore a blue Texans T-shirt and walked around the hallways with Mount Healthy head football coach Arvie Crouch shortly after 9 a.m. Friday as another school year winds down at Mount Healthy.
the 6-foot-6,Authentic Tim Williams Jersey,As a rookie,Authentic Tony Jefferson Jersey, 300-pound Heath had eight tackles including two sacks in 12 games last season. The former Michigan State player started six games with the Texans.
“It was surreal,” Heath said. “I am going to keep it going. It was a long 17-week season. It was a lot of fun.”
Heath injured his knee against the New England Patriots in the AFC divisional-round loss but he said it’s now 100 percent healthy. He didn’t need surgery.
Heath is an important part of a Houston defense ranked No. 1 in the NFL last season.
” said Brian Hamilton,“He is thriving, Heath’s agent.
Houston will start organized-team activities (OTAs) Monday. to the high school.Authentic Tyus Bowser Jersey
“I had to come back and see home,” said Heath of his visit,Authentic Chris Wormley Jersey,
who lives in the Houston area in the offseason and is involved in community activities there,Authentic Carl Davis Jersey,Heath,womens Chris Wormley Jersey,reeted several Mount Healthy honor roll students with a smile before they left for a trip to Kings Island.
He signed autographs,Authentic Nico Siragusa Jersey, shook hands and had time to catch up with faculty and staff around the school. He took questions and playfully compared his height and weight to some of the current high school players.
” Crouch said. “Honestly, in the media,womens Nico Siragusa Jersey,“The thing about Joel is he is one of the good guys,womens Tony Jefferson Jersey, we only see the bad guys. But 98 percent of the guys in the NFL are doing great jobs for their communities and coming back and talking to their kids. Joel is an outstanding person.”
Chauncy and Kim,Authentic Joe Flaccos Jersey,Heath grew up four blocks from the school. His parents,womens Joe Flaccos Jersey, still live in Mount Healthy.
Originally recruited as a defensive end by Mark Dantonio, Heath transitioned well into a defensive tackle in a 4-3 defensive scheme at Michigan State.womens Tim Williams Jersey, g
Heath also graduated early and earned an Interdisciplinary Studies degree from Michigan State.
Posted 16 Jan 2018

Posted 01 Apr 2018

Reply to Topic