10 Things You Should Know Before Vacationing in Canada

597 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
cigssmoke

Total Posts: 0

Top Ten Things to Know Before Travelling in CanadaThere are a lot of differences in culture and traditions and laws between Canada and the US. Most are not so noticeable in everyday life. Things like Canadian spelling won't be an issue unless you want to work in Canada or stay a lot longer than the average vacation. This top ten list are the things a tourist from the US needs to know.
Many things are the same too. We tell time the same way, the clocks in Canada tell time the same as the US. We drive on the same side of the road as you do in the US.
Currency - Canadian money comes in coins and bills but we have coloured money and our one dollars (loonies) are in coin. We also have the two dollar coin (toonie). Our paper money is steadily being replaced by plastic money so you will still see a mix of bills in paper and plastic.
Metric System - You will manage with the old Imperial system but in Canada we use the Metric system: Mainly you will notice Celsius for temperature. (weather) and kilometres measuring distance when driving on the roads and highways.
Language - Canada is bilingual. This means there are two official languages: English and French. However, we do not all speak French. English is spoken across Canada, even in Quebec and the Maritime provinces where you are most likely to hear French. In Quebec, French is the official language of the province.
Politics - The main Canadian political parties are Liberal, Conservative and NDP. There are smaller parties like the Green Party but what you really need to know is Canada is not a communist country.
Smoking/ Cigarettes - You can not smoke in a public area in Canada. This includes indoors at restaurants. No one will ask if you want smoking or non-smoking because it is all non-smoking. Outside you need to stand far enough from public buildings and entrances to avoid having cigarette smoke entering the premises.
Littering - Canadians can get upset about littering. Sure there are some messy areas but, litterbugs are not okay in Canada. Many people will get upset with someone who litters.
Shoes Off - When coming into someone's home Canadians remove their shoes at the door. Even if they say it is okay to leave your shoes on, should you ask, it really is customary to take them off. I wouldn't have known about this difference in customs but for my Mother living in the US half the year. She noticed it.
Climate and Weather - Canada and the US have seasons at the same time of year. You won't need skis in July, no matter how far north you go. Canada is not the land of endless winter. Summer can be humid and hot.
Wild and Natural - Canada is not one big, wilderness. True, most of the population lives in cities along the Canada/ US border. But, it does not become a vast, unpopulated wilderness once you leave the cities.
Canada is Big - By land mass Canada is bigger than the US and you can not fit Canada inside of Texas, or Alaska or any other US state. You can not drive across Canada in a day. You can not even drive across most of Canada in one day, even if you take a shortcut around the Great Lakes.
What keeps you from travelling to Canada? They all speak French. I'd have to cross the border. I don't like a lot of wilderness and camping. I don't like winter, snow and ice. Canadians drive on the wrong side of the road. Canadian money is confusing. I don't know how to speak, read or write in Canadian. I don't really know where Canada is. I don't understand the weather in Canada, it's not in Fahrenheit. I'll miss all my favourite TV shows. It's a communist country. I might not be able to get home again. I might see a moose. Buttertarts are way too fattening. I'd have to wear a parka. I'd have to wear a toque. I wouldn't be able to plug in my laptop or get cell phone signal. I'm allergic to maple syrup. They put vinegar, cheese and gravy on french fries. Shudder. Canadians drive too fast. It's a crime to harm the holy bird of Canada Cheap Cigarettes For Sale Online, the Canadian geese. A tree might fall on me from all those beavers. LoginThis is necessary to sign in to the HubPages Service. Google RecaptchaThis is used to prevent bots and spam. (Privacy Policy)AkismetThis is used to detect comment spam. (Privacy Policy)HubPages Google AnalyticsThis is used to provide data on traffic to our website, all personally identifyable data is anonymized. (Privacy Policy)HubPages Traffic PixelThis is used to collect data on traffic to articles and other pages on our site. Unless you are signed in to a HubPages account, all personally identifiable information is anonymized. Amazon Web ServicesThis is a cloud services platform that we used to host our service. (Privacy Policy)CloudflareThis is a cloud CDN service that we use to efficiently deliver files required for our service to operate such as javascript, cascading style sheets, images, and videos. (Privacy Policy)FeaturesGoogle Custom SearchThis is feature allows you to search the site. (Privacy Policy)Google MapsSome articles have Google Maps embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)Google AdSense Host APIThis service allows you to sign up for or associate a Google AdSense account with HubPages, so that you can earn money from ads on your articles. No data is shared unless you engage with this feature Best Selling Cigarettes. (Privacy Policy)Google YouTubeSome articles have YouTube videos embedded in them. (Privacy Policy)VimeoSome articles have Vimeo videos embedded in them. No data is shared with Paypal unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)Facebook LoginYou can use this to streamline signing up for, or signing in to your Hubpages account. No data is shared with Facebook unless you engage with this feature. (Privacy Policy)MavenThis supports the Maven widget and search functionality. (Privacy Policy)MarketingGoogle AdSenseThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)Google DoubleClickGoogle provides ad serving technology and runs an ad network. (Privacy Policy)Index ExchangeThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)SovrnThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)Facebook AdsThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)Amazon Unified Ad MarketplaceThis is an ad network Cheapest Cigarettes In Usa. (Privacy Policy)AppNexusThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)OpenxThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)Rubicon ProjectThis is an ad network Cheap Cigarettes Near Me. (Privacy Policy)TripleLiftThis is an ad network. (Privacy Policy)Say MediaWe partner with Say Media to deliver ad campaigns on our sites. (Privacy Policy)Remarketing PixelsWe may use remarketing pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to advertise the HubPages Service to people that have visited our sites. Conversion Tracking PixelsWe may use conversion tracking pixels from advertising networks such as Google AdWords, Bing Ads, and Facebook in order to identify when an advertisement has successfully resulted in the desired action, such as signing up for the HubPages Service or publishing an article on the HubPages Service Order Cigarettes Online. (Privacy Policy)ComscoreComScore is a media measurement and analytics company providing marketing data and analytics to enterprises, media and advertising agencies, and publishers. Non-consent will result in ComScore only processing obfuscated personal data. (Privacy Policy)Amazon Tracking PixelSome articles display amazon products as part of the Amazon Affiliate program, this pixel provides traffic statistics for those products (Privacy Policy)
related article :
 Newport Medium Cigarettes
 Newport Cigarettes Wiki
 Marlboro Original Cigarettes
 Cheap Brand Cigarettes
 Where To Buy Pipe Tobacco Online
Posted 21 Jun 2018

Reply to Topic