History of pakistan

3103 views 104 replies
Reply to Topic
sal_fan

Total Posts: 370

when do u think the history of pakistan start? And why?

like do u think our history started since people started the struggle of pakistan or in 1947 or when we got our constitution...
Posted 13 Oct 2004

Posted 13 Oct 2004

sal_fan says
wat...lol...i have observed dat the whole JB prefers 2 not think at all...but hey no offence
Posted 13 Oct 2004

Freddy says
If you say the word Pakistan then it starts from 1947
Posted 13 Oct 2004

do not discuss past
concentrate on yer future
Posted 13 Oct 2004

Freddy says
jub hameen past ka he nahi pata ho ga tu future ko kya dekh kay karen gey... past ka pata ho tu woe gultiyaa hum future mein nahi kareen gey ore jo acchi bateen hain woe future mein kaam ayeen gey
Posted 13 Oct 2004

sal_fan says
yay fardiya...now u think n tell us...:D
Posted 13 Oct 2004

sharara says

kahan ho?

jo guzar gaya.. woh nahi ana.. jo ana hai.. woh guzar jaega.. y worry?
Posted 14 Oct 2004

Ashii says
nicccccce topic
i ll post here later,, hmm weekend pe jab time hoga
or tomorrow
Posted 14 Oct 2004

sal_fan says
ok nice sall!

sharara- one must be aware of their history
Posted 14 Oct 2004

yeah very right one
must be aware of the history.
but dont u think it is of no use
wasting yer time dicussing yer past
at same time u let ur present
go.u cant alter ur past but u can alter
ur future if u strive.

Posted 14 Oct 2004

tarash says
history of Pakistan us waqt shuroo hoee jab pehla musalman baresagheer mein aya

word of pakistan started in 40,s
Posted 14 Oct 2004

sal_fan says
tx tarash

Mephistopheles- i m nt asking people to get lost in their past and let the future n present ruin...dat is not the point...wat i meant 2 say was that we shud be aware of things that lead 2 where we as a nation r 2day and only when we know wat lead 2 all this wl we be able 2 progress...but that is my opinion yrs mite differ and dats perfectly fyne.
Posted 14 Oct 2004

cutefriend says
gud topic
Posted 15 Oct 2004

sal_fan says
tx
Posted 15 Oct 2004

Ashii says
past ko discuss karna zaroori hai
that u cant repeat same mistakes in present and futur

hmmm,, aur wohi hum log kar rahe hein
Posted 15 Oct 2004

Xtreme says
Well I think like in the 1920s or 30s when they thought they should have a seprate country. Befor ethat it is muslim history in India. And after 1947 well the History aint that great !! lets hope we do something worthy so we dont have the ghauris and ghaznavis in our books, i doubt they are even in text books in their own country !
Posted 15 Oct 2004

Ashii says
hmm sahi se date pata kar k bata'ain ge
kuch aisi batein bhi jo aam taur pe log sunna pasand nahi karte

par fact is fact
wait karo jii
Posted 15 Oct 2004

sal_fan says
i know most of u dont care but i m posting this here cuz it mite interest few people and mite help most of the ignorants to know abt their history this is sumthin i gathered from various sources n my own input too....

Q: When does the history of Pakistan start and why? Discuss various points of view?

Technically speaking the history of Pakistan starts from 14th august, 1947 but relatively speaking there is no definite date since when the history started. There are various points of view on this matter which we are going to discuss later on but before that we must take into account the history of Pakistan.

History of Pakistan

FOUNDATION BRICK TOWARDS CREATION OF PAKISTAN

The first brick in the foundation of Pakistan was laid in 712 A.D. when Mohammad Bin Qasim anchored at Debal Port (now known as Karachi), freed the Muslim women and children from the prisons of Raja Dahir and constructed the first mosque at the town. Quaid-e-Azam Mohammad Ali Jinnah, the Founder of Pakistan, acclaimed the event- "the Pakistan Movement started when the first Muslim put his foot on the soil of Sindh, the Gateway of Islam in India."

BACKGROUND TO PARTITION

The concept of a separate Muslim "nation" or "people," qaum, is inherent in Islam, but this concept bears no resemblance to a territorial entity. The proposal for a Muslim state in India was first enunciated in 1930 by the poet-philosopher Muhammad Iqbal, who suggested that the four northwestern provinces (Sindh, Balochistan, Punjab, and the North-West Frontier Province) should be joined in such a state. In a 1933 pamphlet Choudhary Rahmat Ali, a Cambridge student, coined the name Pakstan (later Pakistan), on behalf of those Muslims living in Punjab, Afghan (North-West Frontier Province), Kashmir, Sind, and Balochistan.

WAR OF INDEPENDENCE

Some people say that history of Pakistan started in 1857. Pakistan Movement is synonymous with the very spirit of Islam. The War of Independence in 1857 was an open manifestation of the Muslim spirit of revolt against the domination of the British Government and its stooges in India. Frustration and lack of direction, however, pervaded the rank of Muslims after the unfortunate failure in the War. At this critical juncture emerged Sir Syed Abroad Khan who served as a beacon light for the Muslim Nation in distress and disarray. He equated education with power and declared that the Muslims could improve their political, social and economic condition only through the medium of modem and scientific education. He cultivated the concept of a separate Muslim Nation on the basis of religion, culture and history .He inspired the Muslims of the sub-continent to demand a separate homeland where they could arrange their lives and affairs of the State according to the dictates of Holy Quran and Sunnah.

ESTABLISHMENT OF MUSLIM LEAGUE
There is another school of thought according to which history of Pakistan started with the establishment of muslim league. After the establishment of the Indian National Congress in 1885, the Muslim leaders saw through the game of "National" movement and warned their people of the hovering dangers. In 1906, the Muslim League was founded as a challenge to the Indian National Congress. Maulana Hasrat Mohani presented a plan to the Government for the country envisaging two separate states for the Hindus and Muslims. Chaudhary Rehmat Ali further developed this concept. He displayed great wisdom and foresight by putting forth not only a name but in large measure the scheme that culminated in the creation of Pakistan. Maulana Mohamed Ali, Maulana Shaukat Ali and Maulana Zafar Ali Khan spread the message of Pakistan through their lucid lectures and articles in newspapers.
Both, Quaid-e-Azam and Allama Iqbal contributed a lot for the fulfillment of the dream of a separate homeland.

ALLAHBAD ADDRESS, 1930:
Another point of view is that Allahabad address was the start of Pakistan movement as it represented the first clarion call for the establishment of an independent Islamic State in the sub-continent. The most outstanding contribution, however, came from Dr. Sir Mohammad Iqbal, the great philosopher and poet and the symbol of Muslim nationalism. Pakistan ideology found ever-clearer expression in his religion-philosophical, didactic and poetic works. At its base was the idea that spiritual unit founded on Islam was the most vital and integral element of national society. Islam emerges in this ideology as a form of National unity and absorbs all political thoughts.

LAHORE RESOLUTION, 1940:
On March 23, 1940, Muhammed Ali Jinnah, leader of the All India Muslim League, formally endorsed the "Lahore Resolution," calling for the creation of an independent state in regions where Muslims constituted a majority. According to some people this was the start of a regular movement for the creation of Pakistan. . It declared that no constitutional plan would be workable in the country or acceptable to the Muslims unless it was designed on the basic principle that geographically contiguous units were demarcated into regions in a manner that the areas in which the Muslims were numerically in a majority were grouped together to constitute an independent state.
BIRTH OF PAKISTAN
After a hard and heroic struggle by the Muslims of the sub- continent, the British Parliament was forced to approve the Indian Independence Act, 1947 leading to the birth of Pakistan on 14th August. 1947.
Thus the response of the millions, sacrificing their lives and homes, to the call of "UNITY, FAITH and DISCIPLINE" from their Quaid-e-Azam fitfully placed Pakistan on the world map.
Quaid-e-Azam was a great man and a great Muslim. He vehemently advocated morality in politics. He declared that morality in politics was even more important than in private life "because,' if you do something wrong in public you hurt and harm more people".

These were the point of views of different people. But according to me, history of Pakistan was started when The Umayyad caliph in Damascus sent an expedition to Balochistan and Sindh in 711 led by Muhammad bin Qasim. This was the start of history of Pakistan because the Pakistan has been made on the foundation of Islam and the history of Pakistan was started when the first Muslim entered India. In accordance to Quaid e Azam’s thoughts:

“"the Pakistan Movement started when the first Muslim put his foot on the soil of Sindh, the Gateway of Islam in India."

Posted 15 Oct 2004

Freddy says
nice effort mr sal_fan.......sal fan mein nein tu ghoor he aab kea hmmm sal fan

yaar jee mohamad bin qasim jub ayaa uss ko tum history of islam in hindustan tu kah saktay ho but not history of pakistan.

ya 1857 ki jangay aazadi ki baat hai tu woe hindu ore musalmanoon nein mil kay lari.

pakistan ka pehla prime minister pehla governor Gurnal now think on the word pehla ..pehla means from where we starts ore ye sub pehlay kaam 1947 mein start hoyee that's mean pakistan ki history 1947 say start hoyee.

aik adaami agar koi business karnay kay baray mein 1985 sei soch raha hai uss kay leye bhaag door kaar raha hai
paar usay 1990 mein register karta hai ess ka ye mutlab nahi kay woe ye kahay kay uss ka business tu 1985 sei chal raha hai ..
Posted 16 Oct 2004

Ashii says
Mhd bin Qasim.... hmmmm
nicely related to pakistan's creation,,
i wont say much abt it,, coz i know not only abt Mhd bin Qasim's life but also abt his death
(i shd say pehla step hi galt hua)

Allama Iqbal's suggestion sounds better
but that great philosopher gave a dream to a nation which cant make difference between dream and reality :)

1857's war,,, i dont think if it has anything to do with pakistan's history,, it was a Freedom War between indians (muslims, hindus) and british,,
and that s it...

the rest of history sab ko pata hi hai,, just one thing
Thus the response of the millions, sacrificing their lives and homes,,,,,
sacrify to hindus ne bhi bohot kuch kiya,, it means india bhi utna hi "holy" country hai jitna pak :)

just one question to all..
all muslims leaders,, from Quaid e azam to Iqbal,, sir syed, rehmat ali........ they all had their education in europe
yeh baat kuch sochne pe majboor nahi karti kya ??
Posted 16 Oct 2004

sal_fan says
tx guys for yr inputs, views and comments...i wl get back 2 them when i m less tired
Posted 16 Oct 2004

Xtreme says
History Of pakistan well we should ask britisg it was there idea after all !!
Posted 16 Oct 2004

Ashii says
patakkk
Posted 16 Oct 2004

sal_fan says
hmm ok guys...i m firing one more question yr way...it wl require yr personal views and some historical facts...

Q: Why was Pakistan made?

And pls do not talk jubberish
Posted 18 Oct 2004

Ashii says
you want real facts
or
facts we ve been told
??
Posted 18 Oct 2004

shaista says
tanke eik apni country ho jis main muslim majority ho... afsoos ke muslim majority hai lekin kaam muslims wale naheen hain aur jo khwaab quad-e-azam ne dekhe un ke qareeb bhi hum naheen aa sakte....

Posted 18 Oct 2004

Xtreme says
Umm why was Pakistan Made yaye yaye tuff one , i guess was made by the waderas and chudaries so they can rule it as in combined india they had no chance. and what have changed for about 70% + population of Pakistan , they are still living like they were 50 + years ago.
And well Our Quaid -E -Azam wasnt a great muslim himself , he wasnt even a good one so why was he making a country in the name of islam thats beyond my understanding, i guess he did it to show the people around him how good he was nothing more nothing less.
will write some laters.
Posted 18 Oct 2004

shaista says
what makes u think he wasn't a good muslim?

Posted 18 Oct 2004

sal_fan says
yup pls just dont say he was not a good muslim if u do not know how 2 support it cuz it is offensive 2 many people who admire him for wat he has done for us...just cuz his style was bit more english doesnt mean u rule him out as 1...and dont tell me he did all this struggle just 2 get fame come'on he sacrificed his life for us...dont put him down like this!
Posted 18 Oct 2004

shaista says
i agree with u sal_fan

if he didn't do this we would be sitting there in india jahan par humain achoot samjha jaata

think about that!
Posted 18 Oct 2004

Reply to Topic