I used to be poor and I understand the misery of life

230 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
meichangsu520

Total Posts: 0

BEIJING Salomon SpeedCross 3 CS Mens , Nov. 26 (Xinhuanet) --The founder of the Yu Pang-lin Foundation has donated his entire fortune to charity, instead of leaving it to
his children. The generous billionaire is by far the top philanthropist in
China. Fan Feifei finds out his motivation and future plans.

Yu Pang-lin, a 91-year-old Hong Kong hotelier and real estate entrepreneur, has been named the most generous donor on the Hurun philanthropy list for five
consecutive years. He says he wishes to continue his charitable works and to
help the poor.

Yu has donated 8.2 billion yuan ($1.3 billion) to charity, making him the top philanthropist in China.

He is the founder of the Yu Pang-lin Foundation, which contributes to several different causes Salomon GCS Pro Trail Mens , with a focus on healthcare, education and disaster relief.

Since 2003, the foundation has funded more than 300,000 cataract-removal operations in 18 provinces and autonomous regions across China, including some
poverty-stricken areas in Qinghai, Gansu Salomon Snowcross Mens , Yunan and Guizhou provinces.

"I suffered from cataracts before, so I can understand the pain of losing light, and I know the happiness of restoring vision," Yu says. His personal
experience was the motivation behind the "Pang-lin Sight-Restoring Surgeries"
project.

These surgeries have also been carried out in more than 10 countries in the Asia-Pacific region, such as Vietnam, Myanmar Salomon Fell Raiser Mens , the Democratic People's Republic of Korea and Cambodia.

Yu says in the next three to five years, the project hopes to carry out 300,000 more cataract surgeries in China.

Yu's efforts have earned him the nickname "Messenger of Light", and he is determined to continue his charitable works.

"I have donated my entire fortune to charity, I will not leave my money to my children," Yu says.

?Yu attributes his desire to help others with the hardship he suffered as a young man.

"My parents went through a lot of hardships and told me many times that I must do good deeds if I am successful Salomon S-Lab Sense 2 Mens ," says Yu, who used to work as a reporter and editor.

In 1958, Yu arrived in Hong Kong from Shanghai. Adjustment to the new city was difficult, his English was limited and he could not understand Cantonese.

He worked as a cleaner, handyman and construction worker, and then set up his own company that was involved in real estate and tourism.

In the 1960s Salomon Comet Premium 3D GTX Mens , he became involved in real estate in Taiwan where he first started to acquire some considerable wealth. He now owns the Hong
Kong Yuen Long Pok Oi Hospital and several private companies. In 1994, he set up
a company in Shenzhen.

Yu says he has experienced much suffering.

"I used to be poor and I understand the misery of life in poverty. Some people have no money to see a doctor or go to school," Yu says.

In the 1980s, Yu started donating money to build schools, emergency centers, public bus routes www.iccwalls.org , tunnels, fountains and other infrastructure in his hometown in Hunan province.

He has a particular interest in improving healthcare services.

"When I was a child, I witnessed patients being taken to hospital three to four hours late because there was no ambulance. In the end, they died because
they were not treated in time, so I made up my mind that one day I would buy
ambulances."

In 1983, he bought 10 ambulances from Japan. The vehicles were the most advanced ambulances available at that time Salomon Shoes Sale Mens , complete with lifesaving equipment.

In addition to Pang-lin's charity sight-restoring surgeries, Yu has established scholarships and grants at 20 universities across China, and has
donated more than 70 million yuan to education initiatives.

"Education is the foundation of a country and being engaged in charitable contributions to education is one of my dreams. This donation is only the start.
I will give more money and expand cooperation with universities," he says.

Yu says his foundation would cooperate with medical schools at famous universities to train doctors to work in impoverished areas.

The charity has improved the lives of people from all over the world. Yu subsidized the school fees of poor students from other countries to allow them
to study in China. The number of subsidized students reached 500 in April this
year.

Yu says he hopes to help more overseas students, so they can spread Chinese culture and contribute to good relationships between China and foreign
countries.

Yu has helped establish a number of Project Hope schools in China's western rural areas.

"I do charity in the hope of attracting more overseas billionaires to also get involved and do even more than me," Yu says with a smile.

Yu once said: "If my children are more capable than me Salomon Shoes Sale Outlet , it's not necessary to leave a lot of money to them. If they are incompetent, a lot of money will only be harmful to them."

Yu is very busy now. He works 12 hours a day, even during weekends.

"Doing good deeds is more difficult than doing business," Yu says, but he feels very happy when those most in need receive help.

(Source: China Daily)

WELLINGTON, March 9 (Xinhua) -- New Zealand's pillar dairy industry is at risk of falling into foreign hands Salomon Shoes Sale , lawmakers warned Wednesday after forecast farm earnings were cut drastically.

New Zealand dairy giant Fonterra Co-operative Ltd. on Tuesday announced it was cutting its forecast payout to farmers this season from 4.15 NZ dollars
(2.80 U.S. dollars) per kilogram of milk solids to 3.90 NZ dollars (2.63 U.S.
dollars).

The cut puts the industry in a "severe scenario" outlined by the Reserve Bank of New Zealand (RBNZ) in a report issued in November last year.

Under that scenario "farm prices are assumed to fall by around 40 percent" by 2018 to 2019, when about 44 percent of farmers would be forced to default on
bank loans.

Finance Minister Bill English on Radio New Zealand on Wednesday admitted that plu"

NAIROBI, Jan. 21 (Xinhua) -- Keny. Wholesale NHL Jerseys   Wholesale Jerseys Online   Wholesale Jerseys China   Wholesale NBA Jerseys China Free Shipping   Wholesale MLB Jerseys From China   Wholesale Authentic Jerseys   Wholesale NHL Jerseys For Cheap   Wholesale Custom NFL Jerseys   Wholesale Throwback NCAA Jerseys   Wholesale NBA Jerseys China 

Posted 11 Aug 2018

Reply to Topic