Pak Stars Comment on Indian show...

2576 views 22 replies
Reply to Topic
MR PERFECT

Total Posts: 3942

recently the mtv style awards were held in india. a number of pakistani stars were on hand including vaneeza ahmed, strings, and a bunch of other pakistani fashion people. here is what they had 2 say:

Nabila

"It was so tacky,I left half way. There was no best dressed person. It was Neelam Ghar goes disco. The show lacked class. Style is like a religion and MTV means quality in all its genres. It was a desi version of MTV but I was offended."

Tariq Amin

"Quite entertaining and star packed. Rekha looked great as did Anil Kapoor...But no one really stood out in style. Bollywood style is get up, but they do know how to put up a SHOW. It was a much better show than ours with a good script and set but it had little style. I think our shows have way more style."

Bilal of Strings

"Fantastic! Enjoyed each and every moment of it. I think Cyrus was the life of the show and I have never seen a better produced show in my life."

Nilofer Shahid

"I went with much expectations. I thought it would be grander. I liked some of the fashion bits. Manish Arora is daring. They're trendy, it's not like our shows. I liked what Rekha was wearing, it was elegant and hid her faults in chiffon layers. Hrithik was nothing special and was nothing dazzling on stage. Malaika is too Barbie doll; Bipasha is much more stunning. Sanjay was his usual self looking, Fardeen too. Zayed Khan was like a teenager at a gym."

Humayoun Khan

"Bhawna Sharma was gorgeous, Shilpa looked elegant and classy, Anil Kapoor younger than his years. Malaika was beautiful till her waist and Cyrus mimicked Tendulkar really well, but considering it was MTV, the show lacked the presence of musicians."

Saqib Malik

"The show was flashy and fun with the sheer star power casually carrying it through. But like most superslick Bollywood razzmatazz productions, it was searching for a soul. It had an identity but not one it was entirely comfortable with. Ultimately all that mattered to me was that I got to see Rekha in all her glory."

Tapu Javeri

"It was devoid of style. Bollywood fashion is not classy but OTT fashion.

Ather Hafeez

"It was too Bollywoodish and tacky in terms of style. The whole Indo–Pak needs to take enema to wash Bollywood out of their system!"

Posted 02 Nov 2004

Reply to Topic