Cody Whitehair Jersey

116 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
laiyongcai92

Total Posts: 0

COLUMBUS [b]Charles Tapper Jersey , Ohio —[/b] Pierre Luc-Dubois scored in overtime to lift the Columbus Blue Jackets over the Detroit Red Wings 5-4 on
Tuesday night and keep their playoff plans on track.
Artemi Panarin tied it for Columbus when he put back his own rebound late in the third period. That set the stage for Dubois’ shot from the slot 2:55 into
the extra period.
The Blue Jackets are trying to get to the playoffs in consecutive years for the first time in franchise history, and for most of the game it looked as if
Detroit would put a crimp in their plans. Columbus had to rally from a 4-1
second-period deficit to get the two points and stay in third place in the
Metropolitan Division with two games left.
Article continues below ... Cam Atkinson scored twice and Sonny Milano also had a goal for the Blue Jackets, who have won 13 of 15. Sergei Bobrovsky had 23 saves.
Jimmy Howard had 36 saves and Tyler Bertuzzi had two goals for the Red Wings, who ended a three-game winning streak. Gustav Nyquist had a goal and an assist,
Darren Helm also scored and Henrik Zetterberg had three assists for Detroit.
Bertuzzi put the Red Wings up four minutes into the game when he redirected Zetterberg’s shot from the left corner. Atkinson tied it on a power play a few
minutes later when he waited next to the net and stuffed in a pass from Seth
Jones.
Detroit went up 2-1 later in the period when Bobrovsky and defenseman Jones got tangled up in front of the goal and a bouncing shot from Helm went into the
net off Jones. Bertuzzi got his second of the evening late in the period on a
power play, beating Bobrovsky on a rush.
Nyquist gave Detroit a three-goal edge on a power play just 31 seconds into the second period. Atkinson pulled it to 4-2 later in the period on a power play
when he scored from the right circle as Alexander Wennberg screened out Howard.
Detroit wanted goalie interference but didn’t the call.
Milano poked in a loose puck from the doorstep to make it 4-3 midway through the third period, and then Panarin tied it.
NOTES: Panarin has the franchise points record with 80. … Columbus D Zach Werenski left the ice in the second period after taking a puck to the back of
the head blocking a shot from Andreas Athanasiou. … Columbus F Alex Broadhurst
made his NHL debut. He went to the penalty box in the first period for
high-sticking, which led to a Detroit’s third goal. … Detroit C Dylan Larkin has
six points in the past three games.
UP NEXT:

Detroit: Hosts Montreal on Thursday night.
Columbus: Hosts Pittsburgh on Thursday night.
A little over three months into the job, new Arizona coach Steve Wilks is busy recasting the Cardinals in
his own image.
"I think the biggest thing is we're laying a foundation Zach Cunningham Jersey ," said Wilks, who had the team assembled beginning last week for strength and conditioning work. "I wanted those guys to
understand my vision, expectations."
Not much attention is paid to the Cardinals outside Arizona these days.
"Right now we're flying below the radar and that's great," he said Tuesday. "I like where we are, and I'll continue to start there until the time is
right."
There is plenty going on inside the team's Tempe offices and meeting rooms. Wilks said he is busy trying to build relationships because "that's what it's
all about."
Meanwhile, the defense is adjusting from the previous 3-4 scheme to the 4-3 Wilks used last year as defensive coordinator of the Carolina Panthers. The
offense, under the direction of coordinator Mike McCoy, is pretty much being
invented from scratch around the abilities of running back David Johnson, wide
receiver Larry Fitzgerald and new quarterback Sam Bradford.
Bradford Yannick Ngakoue Jersey , with his injury history, will be brought along slowly.
"The biggest thing we're going to do with Sam is to make sure that he's ready to play 16-plus games," Wilks said. "I've seen what he can do over the years.
I'm not concerned about trying to get him out there as quick as possible to
throw the ball."
The coach said that he, along with the training and medical staff, have developed a plan for Bradford to follow.
"He knows his body more than us," Wilks said. "We're trying to make sure that we give him the things that he needs on a day-to-day basis to make sure that he
feels healthy when he goes out there and he feels very confident about that. I
feel great where he is right now. I think he's making great progress in what
we're doing but once again we want to make sure that he's here for the long
haul."
In the meantime, the new quarterback will have a voice in the shaping of the offense.
"With a veteran guy like Sam, he's going to have a lot of input in the things we're trying to do," Wilks said. "Most importantly Vincent Rey Jersey , the guy's smart. He understands the game. He's played for a while. We want his input, most importantly, to be able to give him some
accountability with this offense."
Wilks sat courtside with Fitzgerald at Sunday night's NBA game between the Golden State Warriors and Phoenix Suns.
It's part of what Wilks called "up-close-and-personal time" he's had with the star receiver.
"He's everything that's advertised," Wilks said, "a true gentleman, a pillar not only of this community but a pillar of this league. It's great to have him
back not only for his performance on the field but the things that he brings off
the field as well. His leadership, his commitment to excellence, all those
things are great."
Wilks commended the NFC West-rival Rams for their offseason moves.
"They're doing a tremendous job," he said. "Look at some of the guys they've brought in this offseason."
He said it would be "a very competitive division."
"I'm going to keep the focus on us Cody Whitehair Jersey ," he said. "I think when you really pull the layers back we have a lot of great talent as well."
Wilks has talked about holding some outdoor practices in training camp, a bit of a challenge considering the scorching desert heat of late July and
August.
But he said he's experienced that heat, and he has associates relaying their experiences, as well.
"I'm listening to the stories people have been telling me," he said. "I'm saying we'll be outside, but we'll see."
 Jaren Jackson Jr. Jersey

Posted 03 Sep 2018

Reply to Topic