Christian McCaffrey Jersey

97 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
laiyongcai92

Total Posts: 0

Coming off a troubling season Bruce Smith Jersey , New York Giants cornerback Eli Apple seemingly has grown up.
A bad attitude led to a suspension for the final game of the 2017 season and a couple of benchings earlier in the campaign has been replaced by a
business-like approach.
That's rapid progression for a soon-to-be 23-year-old who appeared to have worn out his welcome two years after the Giants drafted him with the 10th pick
overall.
The change didn't just come. It's been coming since Pat Shurmur was named coach and Dave Gettleman took as general manager. They met with Apple after a
3-13 season and told him he would be starting with a clean slate.
"It is definitely important for me, first impressions," Apple said. "I just wanted to show that I was a hard worker and just continue to show that even now
as we continue to go on with these practices, staying on top of that and trying
to get better every day."
Apple is going to be a key piece for the Giants in James Bettcher's 3-4 system. He has the talent to be a lock-down cornerback, which would give the
Giants two. Janoris Jenkins is on the other side of the field.
"They have a lot of confidence in me," Apple said of the coaching staff. "They told me that they feel I am a really good player and as long as I listen
to them, I can get better and become a Pro Bowl player. I see that as well. With
my athleticism, I see myself, especially in this defense, I see myself as
excelling in it and I am looking forward to the season.is"
Apple started 11 of 14 games as a rookie and finished with two interceptions, 49 tackles, and a fumble recovery, playing on a team that went 11-5 and earned a
playoff berth. Last year was a horror. He started seven of 11 games Christian McCaffrey Jersey , didn't have an interception, and was suspended for the final game of the season for getting into an argument with coaches about
playing on a scout team. The Giants called it conduct detrimental to the
team.
Safety Landon Collins didn't hesitate to say last season that Apple needed to grow up.
Apple won't say what caused the turnaround, but it's obvious something has changed.
On the field now, Apple is all smiles and ready to work. The former Ohio State product frequently goes over to Jenkins and picks his brain.
"Like when I see Jackrabbit make a play on the other side, I think to myself, 'OK, it's time for me to make a play if the quarterback comes my way,'" Apple
said of Jenkins. "But it's always fitting that I'm trying to pick his brain
because he was All-Pro, Pro Bowl corner, so he's definitely one of the best in
the game. So, if I can learn as much as I can from him, that'll make me a better
player."
Apple also is taking no downs off. Early in Saturday's workout, he hounded first-year receiver Amba Etta-Tawo on a pass over the middle. Later on the
Giants' first day in pads Thurman Thomas Jersey , he gave second-overall draft pick Saquon Barkley a good bump on a running back.
Shurmur certainly has been impressed by the new version of Apple.
"With my eyes, just a few months into this, I'm seeing a guy that's all about his business," Shurmur said. "He is very business-like and he is covering really
well, which is a good attribute for a corner. I like the way he is working. He's
out there challenging but he is also being smart. Based on what I have seen,
there are very few mistakes that he is making when we move the coverage around
and I like the way he is functioning in the building."
As Boston Red Sox players donned red, white and blue outfits to celebrate a 3-0 victory on the 4th
of July that completed a sweep, the Washington Nationals held a players-only
meeting to discuss a fifth consecutive loss and the precarious spot they’re now
in beyond the halfway point of the season.
Done in again by small mistakes that get magnified in a stretch such as this, the preseason NL East favorites lost for the 17th time in 22 games Wednesday to
fall below .500 for the first time this late in the year since being 60-61 on
Aug. 21, 2015.
This time, it was a throwing error by Adam Eaton on a sacrifice fly in foul territory and a wild pitch by Ryan Madson (2-4) in a disastrous seventh inning
that dropped the Nationals to 42-43 and kept them from making up ground on the
division-leading Atlanta Braves.
”We’re a good team and we’re going to go out there and compete with anybody,” said Bryce Harper, who went 0 for 4 with two strikeouts.
”We just have to keep grinding and keep doing our thing and good things will happen. We’ve never been in this position before Jalen Ramsey Jersey , and I think it’s an exciting time for us. In years past, we’ve won the division by a lot of games. We’re able to be behind right
now and I’m excited to get there and test it.”