*-* JUMA Tull Widdah *-*

2624 views 52 replies
Reply to Topic
~CHANDNI~

Total Posts: 56416

hi frindz   
ajj ki rate boht mubarik or rahmatoon wali hay ..ajj 27 RAMDAN HAY
SHABE KADER YAH LAILA TUL KADER

PLZ AJJ KI RATE JAG KAY APP LOg aALLAH KAY GHAR HAZERY DAEEN ..OR   ALLAH KI un ginatt rahmatton say apny apny jholliyan bharlayn
ajj ki rate magfarret ki rate hay
plz dont miss it

or ha plz dowa may moghy zarror yade rakhiyy ga

( In the name of God; the beneficent, the merciful )

Islam & Sufi'ism or Tasawwuf.
<><><><><><><>< ><><><><><><><> <><><

"Travel beyond the confines of this life and see the vastness of His (God) kingdom beyond space. Let your ear listen to what it has not heard before, and your eye see what it has not seen before, until it leads you to where you see the One, who created this world and all the other worlds. Express your passion for the One from your heart and soul until you see the Reality with an eye of certainty. There is only One and nothing but Him, He is Alone and there is no God but Him." ( Imam Muhammad Ibne Ali AL-Baqir 11th century C.E. )

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"Asceticism is not that you should not own anything, but that nothing should own you." ( Ali Ibn-e Abu Talib 600-61 )

"You fancy this world is permanent of itself, and endures because of it's own nature, but really it is a ray of light from the Truth, and within it the Truth is concealed." ( Sa'd Al-Din Mahmud Shab-istari 1250-1320 )

"The ocean is the same ocean as it has always been of old; the events of today are it's waves and it's rivers." ( Sayyid Haydar Amuli - 14th century )

"In the begnning was Allah, and beside Him there was nothing - and He remains as He was." ( Hadith )

"Divine unity ( tawhid ) is the return of man to his origin, so that he will become as he was before he came into being." ( Imam Abul Qasim Al-Junaid 910 AD )

"I was a hidden treasure, and I longed to be known. So, I created the Creation so that I may be known." ( Hadith Qudsi )

"In the death of the self lies the life of the heart." ( Imam Ja'far Al-Sadiq - 8th century Christian Era )

"Work for this life, as though you are going to live forever. Work for the life hereafter, as though you will die tommorrow." ( Hazrat Ali Ibn-e Abu Talib - 600-661 Christian Era )

"I was sent from myself as a messenger to myself. And my essence testified to myself by my signs." ( Ibn Ali-Farid 1181-1235 )

"When I ( Allah ) love my servant.... I become the ear, with which he hears, the eyes, with which he sees, the hand, with which he grasps, the feet, with which he walks, the tongue, by which he speaks." ( Hadith Qudsi )

-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o-o

"All know that the drop merges into the ocean, but few know that the ocean merges into the drop." ( Kabir 1450-1518 )

"The Sufi sees his own existence as particles of dust made visible by a ray of sunlight: neither real nor unreal." ( Abul Hasan Ash-Shadhili 1175 - 1258 )

"Your soul attains to perfection when it returns to it's original sublime state, according to the individual capacity of each person. Thus the soul divests itself of all illusion and refines itself with the subtlety of it's own secret by means of spiritual exercises aimed at purification of the outer and the inner from all obscurity and impurity." ( Sayyid Haydar Amuli 14th century )

"Allah possesses a drink which is reserved for his intimate friends (auliya): when they drink they become intoxicated, when they become intoxicated they become joyful, when they become joyful they become sweet, when they become sweet they begin to melt, when they begin to melt they become free, when they become free they seek, when they seek they find, when they find they arrive, when they arrive they join, and when they join there is no difference between them and their Beloved." ( Ali Ibn-e Abu Talib 600-661 )

"..... None grasps Him save He Himself. None knows Him but He Himself... He knows Himself by Himself... Other-than-He cannot grasp Him. His impenetrable veil is His own Oneness. Other-than-He does not cloak Him. His veil is His very existence. He is veiled by His Oneness in a manner that cannot be explained. Other-than-He does not see Him; whether prophet, envoy, or prefected saint or angel near unto Him. His prophet is He Himself. His envoy is He. His message is He. His word is He. He has sent word of His ipseity by Himself, from Himself to Himself, without intermediary or causality other than Himself...Other-than-He has no existence and so cannot bring itself to naught..." ( From Introduction to Sufism - by Muhy-ud-Din ibn-e Arabi in his Epistle on Unity, the Risalat al Ahadiyah )

( Paraphrased: According to the fundamental formula of Islam, the 'testimony' known in Arabic as the shahadah: )

There is no divinity, if it be not The Divinity ( la ilaha ill-Allah ) which, so to say, 'defines' the Divine Unity. This formula should be translated as here indicated and not, as usually the case, 'there is no god but Allah', for it is proper to retain in it the appearance of ... paradox.

Its first part, 'the negation'..., denies in a general manner the same idea of divinity which the second part, the 'affirmation'... affirms by isolation; in other words the formula as a whole postulates an idea -- that of divinity -- which at the same time it denies as a genus. This is the exact opposite of a 'definition', for to define something means first to determine its 'specific difference' and then to bring it to the 'nearest genus,' i.e. to general concepts. Now as the shahadah indicates, Divinity is 'defined' precisely by the fact that Its reality eludes ever category...

According to this 'testimony; God is distinct from all things and nothing can be compared to Him... Now perfect incomparability requires that nothing can be set face to face with the incomparable and have any relationship whatever with it; this amounts to saying that nothing exists in face of the Divine Reality so that, in It, all things are annihilated. 'God was and nothing with Him and He is now such as He was' ( hadith qudsi ).

Thus extreme 'remoteness' must imply its opposite. Since nothing can be opposed to God -- for it would then be another 'divinity' -- every reality can only be a reflection of the Divine Reality. Moreover, every positive meaning one might give to the expression ilah (divinity) will be transposed in divinis: 'there is no reality if it be not The Reality', 'there is no force if it be not The Force', 'there is no truth if it is not The Tru
Posted 10 Nov 2004

~CHANDNI~ says
challo ja    jaoo or soo jaoo sabb
bc rate jagna bhi to hay
Posted 10 Nov 2004

~CHANDNI~ says
thannnx
Posted 10 Nov 2004

shaista says
nice rani....

humaare liye bhi dua karna...

HAPPY AND BLESSED SHAB QADR TO ALL OF U!!!

remember me also in ur prayers..
Posted 10 Nov 2004

~CHANDNI~ says
u know frindz ajj ki rate may hi QURANE MAJEED ka nazool hoa
Posted 10 Nov 2004

Guest_005 says
MASHA ALLAH

NICE RANI JI
Posted 10 Nov 2004

Niceeeee
Posted 10 Nov 2004

~CHANDNI~ says
LAILATUL-QADR
Its excellence is great, since in this night the Noble Qur'aan was sent down, which leads one who clings to it, to the path of honour and nobility, and raises him to the summit of distinction and everlasting life. The Muslims who adhere strictly to the Sunnah of Allaah's Messenger SAW do not raise flags on this night, nor suspend colourful decorations. Rather they vie in standing during it (Lailatul-Qadr) in Prayer out of sincere faith and hoping for reward. Here, O Muslim, are the Qur'aanic Aayaat and authentic prophetic ahaadeeth referring to this night:
* Its excellence

As regards its excellence it is more than sufficient to mention that Lailatul-Qadr is better than a thousand months, He, the Mighty and Majestic, says:

" Verily! We have sent it (this Qur'aan) down in the Night of Decree (Lailatul-Qadr). And what will make you know what the Night of Decree is? The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months. Therein descend the angels and the Rooh (i.e. Gabriel) by Allaah's Permission with all Decrees, Peace! until the appearance of dawn." (Al-Qadr 97: 1-5)

And in it every decreed matter for the year is conveyed, He, the Most High says:

" We sent it (this Qur'aan) down on a blessed Night. Verily, We are ever warning (mankind of Our Torment). Therein (that Night) is decreed every matter of ordainment. Amran (i.e. a command or this Qur'aan or His Decree of every matter) from Us. Verily, We are ever sending (the Messenger). (As) a Mercy from your Lord. Verily! He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower." (Ad-Dukhaan 44: 3-6)

* When is it?

It is reported from the Prophet SAW that it is within the twenty-first, twenty-third, twenty-fifth, twenty-seventh, twenty-ninth or the last night of Ramadhan.

Imaam ash-Shaafi'ee, rahimahullaah, said: To me it is as the Prophet SAW used to answer according to the question posed, it would be said to him: "Shall I seek it in such and such night?" So he would reply: "Seek it in such and such night." And Allaah knows best. (Reported from him by al-Baghawee in Sharhus-Sunnah)

The most correct saying is that it occurs in the odd nights of the last ten nights of Ramadhan and this is shown by the hadeeth of 'Aa'ishah, RA, who said: "Allaah Messenger SAW used to practice I'tikaaf in the last ten nights and say: 'Seek out Lailatul-Qadr in the (odd nights) of the last ten days of Ramadhan." (Bukhari, Muslim )

However if the servant is too weak or unable, then he should at least not let the last seven days pass him by, due to what is reported from 'Ibn 'Umar, who said: Allaah's Messenger SAW said: "Seek it in the last ten, and if one of you is too weak or unable then let him not allow that to make him miss the final seven." (Bukhari, Muslim)

This explains his, SAW saying: "I see that your dreams are in agreement (that it is in the last seven) so he who wishes to seek it out then let him seek it in the last seven." (Bukhari)

It is also known from the Sunnah, that knowledge of the exact night upon which Lailatul-Qadr falls was taken up because the people argued, 'Ubaadah ibn as-Saamit, RA said: The Prophet SAW came out intending to tell us about Lailatul-Qadr, however two men were arguing and he said: "I came out to inform you about Lailatul-Qadr but so and so, and, so and so were arguing, so it was raised up, and perhaps that is better for you, so seek it on the (twenty) ninth and (twenty) seventh and the (twenty) fifth." (Bukhari)

Some ahaadeeth indicate that Lailatul-Qadr is in the last ten nights, while others indicate that it is in the odd nights of the last ten, so the first are general and the second more particular, and the particular has to be given priority over the general. Other ahaadeeth state that it is in the last seven - and these are restricted by mention of one who is too weak or unable. So there is no confusion, all the ahaadeeth agree and are not contradictory.

In conclusion: The Muslim should seek out Lailatul-Qadr in the odd nights of the last ten: the night of the twenty-first (the night before the twenty-first day), the twenty-third, the twenty-fifth, the twenty-seventh and the twenty-ninth. If he is too weak or unable to seek it out in all the odd nights, then let him seek it out in the odd nights of the last seven: the night of the twenty-fifth, the twenty-seventh and the twenty-ninth. And Allaah knows best.

* How should a Muslim seek Lailatul-Qadr?

One who misses this blessed night then he has missed much good for no one misses it except one from whom it is withheld. Therefore it is recommended that the Muslim who is eager to be obedient to Allaah should stand in Prayer during this night out of Eemaan and hoping for the great reward, since if he does this, Allaah will forgive his previous sins.

He SAW said: "Whoever stands in (Prayer) in Lailatul-Qadr out of Eemaan and seeking reward then his previous sins are forgiven." (Bukhari)

It is recommended to supplicate a great deal in it, it is reported from 'Aa'ishah, RA that she said: "O Messenger of Allaah! What if I knew which night Lailatul-Qadr was, then what should I say in it?" He said: "Say: Allaahumma innaka 'affuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee." (O Allaah you are the one who pardons greatly, and loves to pardon, so pardon me.) (at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)

O brother! You know the importance of this night, so stand in Prayer in the last ten nights, in worship, detaching oneself from the women, ordering your family with this, and increasing in actions of obedience and worship in it.

From 'Aa'ishah, RA who said: "The Prophet SAW used to tighten his waist-wrapper (izaar) - (meaning detached himself from his wives in order to worship, and exerted himself in seeking Lailatul-Qadr), spend the night in worship, and wake the family in the last ten nights." (Bukhari, Muslim)

From 'Aa'ishah, RA: "Allaah's Messenger SAW used to exert himself in the last ten nights more than he would at other times." (Muslim)

* Its sign

[Many people believe in all sorts of superstitions about Lailatul-Qadr, and false beliefs from them are that the trees prostrate, and buildings sleep! And these things are clearly futile and baseless.] Allaah's Messenger SAW described the morning after Lailatul-Qadr, so that the Muslim may know which day it is. From Ubayy, RA who said: that he SAW said: "On the morning following Lailatul-Qadr the sun rises not having any rays, as if it were a brass dish, until it rises up." (Muslim, Abu Dawood, at-Tarmidhi, Ibn Majah)

From Abu Hurairah, RA who said: "We were discussing Lailatul-Qadr in the presence of Allaah's Messenger SAW, so he said: 'Which of you remembers (the night) when the moon arose and was like half a plate?'" (Muslim) [Qaadi 'Iyaad said: "It contains an indication that it was towards the end of the month - since the moon does not appear like that when it arises except towards the end of the month."]

From Ibn 'Abbaas, RA who said: Allaah's Messenger SAW said: "Lailatul-Qadr is calm and pleasant, neither hot nor cold, the sun arises on its morning being feeble and red." (at-Tayaalisee, Ibn Khuzaimah, al-Bazzaar with hasan isnaad)

Let us seek abundance rewards from our Creator by performing extra actions in these last few days of the noble month of Ramadhan as it could be our last...
Posted 10 Nov 2004

true
Posted 10 Nov 2004

~CHANDNI~ says
Some special prayers and Zikr for Laitul Qadr.

Lailatul Qadr : The Night of Power

Qadr means honour and dignity. Lailatul Qadr means the night of honour and dignity. It is this night in which the first Divine Revelation came to the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam, when he was in prayer in the cave of Hira. Since this night enjoys the honour of having the first revelation brought to the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam, it has been named Lailatul Qadr.

This is one of the holiest and most blessed nights, which is likely to occur on one of the odd nights on the last ten days of Ramadhan and most likely to be the 27th. The reward of worship on this night is better than the worship of a thousand months of worship, equivalent to a person's lifetime. So, on this night one should pray nafil namaz, recite the Quran, do Tasbih, Zikr, Duas, etc as much as possible.

This night had already opened its gates of treasures when the angel for the first time had come with the Divine Message in the cave of Hira, but its auspiciousness has continued to be with us permanently. Every year in the month of Ramadhan, this night is given to the Ummah. Muslims engage in prayers, recitation of Quran and praying to Allah, as the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam said: "The person who offered prayers to Allah in the night of Dignity with faith and with hope of reward from Allah, all his past sins have been forgiven." (Bukhaari)

As the rainy season is suitable for farming, similarly for the attainment of nearness to Allah, specific times , specific days and specific nights are most suitable, e.g. the time of Tahajjud prayers, Friday prayers, month of Ramadhan, the Day of Arafah, etc. So also the Night of Power is the most suitable night for attaining nearness to Allah.

In the Hadeeth, we have been asked to seek it in the last ten nights of the month of Ramadhan. Hazrat Aa'ishah radhiyallahu anhaa narrates that the Messenger of Allah sallalahu alayhi wasallam has said, 'Seek the night of Dignity in the odd nights of the last ten days of Ramadhan'.(Bukhaari).

By odd nights, the reference is made to the 21st, 23rd, 25th, 27th, 29th night of the month of Ramadhan. No one night has been fixed so that the yearning to find it may increase and people may spend more nights in worshipping Allah. From this aspect, the importance of `Itikaaf (seclusion) during the last ten days of Ramadhan is clear.

Some special prayers and Zikr for Laitul Qadr top

1. Seeking Forgiveness. Hazrat Aa'ishah radhiyallahu anhaa asked the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam that if she happened to get the night sublime what prayer should she say. The Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam replied that she should say the following prayer :

"Allahumma innaka afuwwun kareemun tuhib-bul af-wa fa-afo anni"
(O Allah, You are the One who grants pardon for sins, loves forgiving, so forgive me.)

2. Reciting Astaghfar. The following should be recited as much as possible:
"Astaghfirullah hallazi la-ila-ha illa huwal Hayyul Qayyumo wa atu-bu ilaihe"
(I seek forgiveness from Allah, the Almighty, there is no God but He. He is self-Existent, the Eternal and I return to Him)

3. Reciting Surah `Inna anzalnahu...'
"Inna anzalnahu fee lailatul Qadr, Wa maa adraka maa lailatul Qadr.
Lailatul Qadri khairum min alfi shahr. Tanazzalul malai-katu var-roohu
fee ha bi izni Rabbihim min kulle amr. Salaamun heya hatta matla-il fajr."

4. Do Salatul Tasbih.

5. Do Afzul Zikr i.e. La ilaha illallah
Posted 10 Nov 2004

~CHANDNI~ says
The Five Pillars of Islam
Sawm (Fasting)
The Fourth Pillar of Islam

Lailatul-Qadr

------------------------------------------------------------ --------------------
Keywords:
Islam and Ramadan

Warning:
Books listed may not support Islam but are of value as they present a differing perspective

Commissions help to support orphaned kids.

Its excellence is great, since in this night the Noble Qur'aan was sent down, which leads one who clings to it, to the path of honour and nobility, and raises him to the summit of distinction and everlasting life. The Muslims who adhere strictly to the Sunnah of Allaah's Messenger SAW do not raise flags on this night, nor suspend colourful decorations. Rather they vie in standing during it (Lailatul-Qadr) in Prayer out of sincere faith and hoping for reward. Here, O Muslim, are the Qur'aanic Aayaat and authentic prophetic ahaadeeth referring to this night:
Its excellence

As regards its excellence it is more than sufficient to mention that Lailatul-Qadr is better than a thousand months, He, the Mighty and Majestic, says:

" Verily! We have sent it (this Qur'aan) down in the Night of Decree (Lailatul-Qadr). And what will make you know what the Night of Decree is? The Night of Decree is better than a thousand months. Therein descend the angels and the Rooh (i.e. Gabriel) by Allaah's Permission with all Decrees, Peace! until the appearance of dawn." (Al-Qadr 97: 1-5)

And in it every decreed matter for the year is conveyed, He, the Most High says:

" We sent it (this Qur'aan) down on a blessed Night. Verily, We are ever warning (mankind of Our Torment). Therein (that Night) is decreed every matter of ordainment. Amran (i.e. a command or this Qur'aan or His Decree of every matter) from Us. Verily, We are ever sending (the Messenger). (As) a Mercy from your Lord. Verily! He is the All-Hearer, the All-Knower." (Ad-Dukhaan 44: 3-6)

When is it?

It is reported from the Prophet SAW that it is within the twenty-first, twenty-third, twenty-fifth, twenty-seventh, twenty-ninth or the last night of Ramadhan.

Imaam ash-Shaafi'ee, rahimahullaah, said: To me it is as the Prophet SAW used to answer according to the question posed, it would be said to him: "Shall I seek it in such and such night?" So he would reply: "Seek it in such and such night." And Allaah knows best. (Reported from him by al-Baghawee in Sharhus-Sunnah)

The most correct saying is that it occurs in the odd nights of the last ten nights of Ramadhan and this is shown by the hadeeth of 'Aa'ishah, RA, who said: "Allaah Messenger SAW used to practice I'tikaaf in the last ten nights and say: 'Seek out Lailatul-Qadr in the (odd nights) of the last ten days of Ramadhan." (Bukhari, Muslim )

However if the servant is too weak or unable, then he should at least not let the last seven days pass him by, due to what is reported from 'Ibn 'Umar, who said: Allaah's Messenger SAW said: "Seek it in the last ten, and if one of you is too weak or unable then let him not allow that to make him miss the final seven." (Bukhari, Muslim)

This explains his, SAW saying: "I see that your dreams are in agreement (that it is in the last seven) so he who wishes to seek it out then let him seek it in the last seven." (Bukhari)

It is also known from the Sunnah, that knowledge of the exact night upon which Lailatul-Qadr falls was taken up because the people argued, 'Ubaadah ibn as-Saamit, RA said: The Prophet SAW came out intending to tell us about Lailatul-Qadr, however two men were arguing and he said: "I came out to inform you about Lailatul-Qadr but so and so, and, so and so were arguing, so it was raised up, and perhaps that is better for you, so seek it on the (twenty) ninth and (twenty) seventh and the (twenty) fifth." (Bukhari)

Some ahaadeeth indicate that Lailatul-Qadr is in the last ten nights, while others indicate that it is in the odd nights of the last ten, so the first are general and the second more particular, and the particular has to be given priority over the general. Other ahaadeeth state that it is in the last seven - and these are restricted by mention of one who is too weak or unable. So there is no confusion, all the ahaadeeth agree and are not contradictory.

In conclusion: The Muslim should seek out Lailatul-Qadr in the odd nights of the last ten: the night of the twenty-first (the night before the twenty-first day), the twenty-third, the twenty-fifth, the twenty-seventh and the twenty-ninth. If he is too weak or unable to seek it out in all the odd nights, then let him seek it out in the odd nights of the last seven: the night of the twenty-fifth, the twenty-seventh and the twenty-ninth. And Allaah knows best.

How should a Muslim seek Lailatul-Qadr?

One who misses this blessed night then he has missed much good for no one misses it except one from whom it is withheld. Therefore it is recommended that the Muslim who is eager to be obedient to Allaah should stand in Prayer during this night out of Eemaan and hoping for the great reward, since if he does this, Allaah will forgive his previous sins.

He SAW said: "Whoever stands in (Prayer) in Lailatul-Qadr out of Eemaan and seeking reward then his previous sins are forgiven." (Bukhari)

It is recommended to supplicate a great deal in it, it is reported from 'Aa'ishah, RA that she said: "O Messenger of Allaah! What if I knew which night Lailatul-Qadr was, then what should I say in it?" He said: "Say: Allaahumma innaka 'affuwwun tuhibbul 'afwa fa'fu 'annee." (O Allaah you are the one who pardons greatly, and loves to pardon, so pardon me.) (at-Tirmidhi, Ibn Majah)

O brother! You know the importance of this night, so stand in Prayer in the last ten nights, in worship, detaching oneself from the women, ordering your family with this, and increasing in actions of obedience and worship in it.

From 'Aa'ishah, RA who said: "The Prophet SAW used to tighten his waist-wrapper (izaar) - (meaning detached himself from his wives in order to worship, and exerted himself in seeking Lailatul-Qadr), spend the night in worship, and wake the family in the last ten nights." (Bukhari, Muslim)

From 'Aa'ishah, RA: "Allaah's Messenger SAW used to exert himself in the last ten nights more than he would at other times." (Muslim)

Its Sign

[Many people believe in all sorts of superstitions about Lailatul-Qadr, and false beliefs from them are that the trees prostrate, and buildings sleep! And these things are clearly futile and baseless.] Allaah's Messenger SAW described the morning after Lailatul-Qadr, so that the Muslim may know which day it is. From Ubayy, RA who said: that he SAW said: "On the morning following Lailatul-Qadr the sun rises not having any rays, as if it were a brass dish, until it rises up." (Muslim, Abu Dawood, at-Tarmidhi, Ibn Majah)

From Abu Hurairah, RA who said: "We were discussing Lailatul-Qadr in the presence of Allaah's Messenger SAW, so he said: 'Which of you remembers (the night) when the moon arose and was like half a plate?'" (Muslim) [Qaadi 'Iyaad said: "It contains an indication that it was towards the end of the month - since the moon does not appear like that when it arises except towards the end of the month."]

From Ibn 'Abbaas, RA who said: Allaah's Messenger SAW said: "Lailatul-Qadr is calm and pleasant, neither hot nor cold, the sun arises on its morning being feeble and red." (at-Tayaalisee, Ibn Khuzaimah, al-Bazzaar with hasan isnaad)

Let us seek abundance rewards from our Creator by performing extra actions in these last few days of the noble month of Ramadhan as it could be our last...
Posted 10 Nov 2004

~CHANDNI~ says
November 21, 2003 : 26 Ramadan 1424
Lailatul Qadr
Well, today, most likely, is Lailatul Qadr. I suppose I should be praying rather than typing this blog. But... I never do quite get Lailatul Qadr. How can a single night be worth 1000 months? That doesn't make sense to me. And since it doesn't make sense, I always feel kind of like a fraud hoping for blessings I can't quite figure out why I would be getting. The best I can do to understand this is that Lailatul Qadr is an example of Allah's mercy. An example of how the actions of a single day can weigh more than those of a life time.

It's a common theme, actually, in hadith. The the giving of water to a thirsty dog, for instance, resulting in admittance to Heaven. And of course, as a convert, I'm quite familiar with the notion that the single act of taking shahadah can wipe out a prior life of sins.

I suppose when you think about it, it is quite a comforting notion -- that Allah will wipe out sins like that, and give blessing in multitude as He pleases. It keeps one from losing hope. No matter how far astray you've gone, no matter what bad thing you've done, Allah is always forgiving and merciful if you just return to Him. Maybe that's the point of Lailatul Qadr.
Posted 10 Nov 2004

~CHANDNI~ says
lailatul qadr: the night of a thousand months lailatul qadr: the night of a thousand months
Lolín Menéndez rscj
Lailatul Qadr is a moment which is eagerly waited for by those who fast during the month of Ramadhan. This is special religious tradition is a thanksgiving celebration on the nights of the odd dates during the last ten days of Ramadhan. The celebration of Nuzulul Quran (the coming down of the Quran) and Lailatul Qadr complements the holy month of Ramadhan.

The Al-Quran was brought down on Lailatul Qadr, which is also called “The Blessed Night” (Laylah Mubarakah). “The night that a Message descends from Allah is indeed a blessed night like a day of rain for a parched land.”

What the Holy Quran is for the Muslims Jesus is for the Christians. When on Lailatul Qadr the eyes of Muslims turn to the Mosque to relish again the meaning of the Holy Quran and recognize it as the Revelation and Divine book; on Christmas night the eyes of Christians are turned toward the manger: “He is born, the divine child.” And Jesus is recognized as “Saviour” and “Christ the Lord”. Christians cannot lose sight of this. On the contrary, it is important to be aware of all that the coming of the Son of God born of a woman implies. However, our guide is what we hear proclaimed in Scripture more than what we perceive in our imagination and pious sensibility. “Today in the town of David a Saviour has been born to you; He is Christ the Lord.” Without any doubt it can be said that the birth of Jesus makes this night “Blessed.”

When does Lailatul Qadr or this Blessed Night happen? In the Indonesian tradition it is interesting to note that Lailatul Qadr, the night when the Quran descended is separate from Nuzulul Quran. This difference is specific to Indonesia alone, as other Muslim countries do not make this difference and understand both these days as one. “The night of Power is better than a thousand months, on this night came down the angels and the Spirit (Ruh) by Allah”s permission on every affair/errand.” “The thousand months”, it is important to note, is taken in an indefinite sense; as denoting a very long period of time, referring not to our ideas of time but to “timeless Time”. “One moment of enlightenment under Allah's Light is better than thousands of months or years of animal life, and such a moment converts the night of darkness into a period of spiritual glory.”

Revelation gives life to the heart that is empty or dead because of ignorance; not knowing the difference between true and false. The Al Quran”s function in life is like a guide to man for the high form of spiritual life. This Divine Revelation, like the Spirit, gives spiritual life to humankind: “O you who believe! Give your response to Allah and His Messengers, when He calleth you to that which will give you life and know that Allah comes in between you and your heart”..” Therefore the interpretation in the chapter Al Qadr is the descent of the Divine Revelation which embraces all Allah”s commands and which contribute to the vitality of the spiritual life of humanity.

Hence, Lailatul Qadr is a great moment which determines the whole life of a person (uptil 1000 months, or 80 years!), when a person chooses to prepare and purify his interior life to receive the divine revelation. In this case, one receives, understands, feels and practices the Al Quran. Lailatul Qadr, like explained in the interpretation of A.Yusuf Ali, is “ a mystical moment”, where during this night, like the Night of Specification and The Night of Power, Allah has wiped out all our ignorance in all our errands/affairs , with His Revelation. “You see, God”s grace has been revealed to save the human race.” or “All the ends of the earth have seen the saving power of our God.”

This is expressed more clearly in a syair (a poem)

Blessed indeed is the Night of Power! When the Mercy of God”s
Revelation breaks through the darkness of the human soul!
All the Powers, of the world divine, speed on their mystic Message of Mercy,
By God”s command, and bless every nook and corner of the heart!
Every place is stilled in the supreme reign of Peace, until this mortal night gives place To the glorious day of an immortal world!

After the experience of these “Blessed Nights” may we all be urged to “go backglorifying and praising God for all that we have heard and seen”.

Posted 10 Nov 2004

Posted 10 Nov 2004

friend_16 says
.. nice info rani .. waisay main nay abhee saree parhee nahi hai .. ..

Some special prayers and Zikr for Laitul Qadr top

1. Seeking Forgiveness. Hazrat Aa'ishah radhiyallahu anhaa asked the Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam that if she happened to get the night sublime what prayer should she say. The Prophet sallalahu alayhi wasallam replied that she should say the following prayer :

"Allahumma innaka afuwwun kareemun tuhib-bul af-wa fa-afo anni"
(O Allah, You are the One who grants pardon for sins, loves forgiving, so forgive me.)

2. Reciting Astaghfar. The following should be recited as much as possible:
"Astaghfirullah hallazi la-ila-ha illa huwal Hayyul Qayyumo wa atu-bu ilaihe"
(I seek forgiveness from Allah, the Almighty, there is no God but He. He is self-Existent, the Eternal and I return to Him)

3. Reciting Surah `Inna anzalnahu...'
"Inna anzalnahu fee lailatul Qadr, Wa maa adraka maa lailatul Qadr.
Lailatul Qadri khairum min alfi shahr. Tanazzalul malai-katu var-roohu
fee ha bi izni Rabbihim min kulle amr. Salaamun heya hatta matla-il fajr."

4. Do Salatul Tasbih.

5. Do Afzul Zikr i.e. La ilaha illallah

Posted 10 Nov 2004

humari masjid main salatul tasbeeh nahi parhi thie
Posted 10 Nov 2004

shaista says
woh kyon????
Posted 10 Nov 2004

wo is lia k k ya............. bata doon shah g?
Posted 10 Nov 2004

maloom nahi aaj pak main hai shab-e- kadar ki raat..uae??
Posted 10 Nov 2004

daso p o j?
Posted 10 Nov 2004

shaista says
ho sakta hai ke danger ki wajja se lambi na kee ho....

amsterdam main kaise halaat hain ab?
Posted 10 Nov 2004

abhi tak tu theek hain...sari raat ibadat hui hain ab jo imam hain unhon ney last year nahi parhai thie...leken masjid main tu acha programm hua..bohat lutf aya..
Posted 10 Nov 2004

shaista says
hum ne to ghar parha hai....

Posted 10 Nov 2004

Posted 10 Nov 2004

Fairl_Girl says
ajj sub ki dili duayein pure ho tentions preshani kahtam ho jaye sub jb me m ki
kushyein milay AMEEN
Posted 11 Nov 2004

~CHANDNI~ says
shahrukh khan said:

maloom nahi aaj pak main hai shab-e- kadar ki raat..uae??

uae may bhi rate ho hi thy bhai

u know shah ..ager massjed may namez tasbih na parhay jay to ham ghar may bhi par sakty hyan
khod say bhi
its not a so deficult deil

per
hukam hay
kay app namez tassbeh rooz parrho
a ager roze nahi par sakty to
once a week parh lo
ager woh bhi kar sakty to
once   a   month kar lo
and ager   asa bhi nahi kar sakty to
once a year karlo
ager yah bhi mumkin nahi yo
atlest a   bare zindagy may par llo
ALLAH   hamery tamam agly pichlay gonnah maff kar de ga
INSHALLH
Posted 11 Nov 2004

~CHANDNI~ says
JANUBABY said:

ajj sub ki dili duayein pure ho tentions preshani kahtam ho jaye sub jb me m ki
kushyein milay AMEEN

AMIN
Posted 11 Nov 2004

~CHANDNI~ says
ok   batto   sab
kitna pahee jagy rate may or kiya kiya dowa ki
Posted 11 Nov 2004

sach bataon ek ghante kay baad bass ho gayee ghar main hota tha to ami maar mar kar jagatee thee
Posted 11 Nov 2004

~CHANDNI~ says
nice its really a good point kay ap nay jhoot nahi bola or sach sach batya
ALLAH APP ki ibadet kabool parmayyy

AMIN
Posted 11 Nov 2004

masjid main salatul tasbeeh parhi gayee thie leken i think 2 or 3 o clock...shaista hum muslims sirf ALLAH se darte hain...gore (murde) hain en se kya darna hai...maine sab ke liye dua ki thie sweet members
Posted 11 Nov 2004

Reply to Topic