Kirk Cousins Jersey Big

230 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
yudan18

Total Posts: 0

Four years ago Mikaela Shiffrin had a ”crazy” dream of winning five gold medals at the 2018 Olympics. That aim is seeming less and less unrealistic.Just after becoming the youngest ever Olympic slalom champion at the Sochi Games Authentic Aaron Rodgers Jersey , the then 18-year-old Shiffrin dreamed aloud ”of the next Olympics (and) winning five gold medals.”Right away she admitted her ambition ”sounds really crazy.”However, less than five weeks ahead of the Pyeongchang Olympics, that number seems more obtainable than ever before.Shiffrin probably won’t win that handful of gold medals, but mainly because she is unlikely to enter five different events in South Korea.She will only decide on short notice which events she is going to enter at the Olympics.Unlike at previous games, this time the technical races of GS and slalom are the first events on the women’s Alpine Olympic schedule, enabling Shiffrin to
compete in her core disciplines before making up her mind on possible starts in
the speed events of downhill and super-G, and the concluding combined and team
events.Developed into a potential winner of every race she competes in, and even triumphing for the first time in a downhill in December, Shiffrin has been
dominating the Alpine skiing World Cup for months.Her win in a slalom in Slovenia on Sunday was her ninth of the season, and seventh out of the last eight races, boosting her career total to 40.That number leaves her one short of the all-time record for most World Cup wins by a 22-year-old, set by Austrian great Annemarie Moser-Proell in the
1970s.With the World Cup season approaching the halfway mark, Shiffrin is leading the overall standings as well as every single discipline except for super-G, the
only event she hasn’t won yet.Her season stats are even far exceeding her achievements from last year, when she became the third American female skier after Tamara McKinney and four-time
champion Lindsey Vonn to win the overall title.Though winning is not all what Shiffrin is after.”It’s a good way to put it that I am not competing, I am just enjoying every turn that I make, to make every turn aggressive Kirk Cousins Jersey Big ,” Shiffrin said. ”Right now I am just enjoying that so much, the skiing, that it’s even more important than the winning.”Still, the wins keep piling up.With 100 points for every victory, Shiffrin has racked up 1,281 World Cup points after 18 of this season’s 38 races and looks set to break the record for
the most World Cup points in a single season – 2,414 by retired Slovenian great
Tina Maze, a record many deemed unbreakable.In her main event, Shiffrin is not just winning, she is crushing the field. She triumphed in the past four slaloms by margins of 1.64, 0.89, 1.59 and again
1.64 seconds – a country mile in the sport.Having won 20 of the last 25 slaloms she entered, it’s hard to see past Shiffrin for gold at the Pyeongchang Games, even if the American doesn’t regard
herself unbeatable by any means.”Every single of the competitors can match,” she said. ”That makes me even more motivated to keep moving forward.”While a night race in Flachau on Tuesday will be the penultimate slalom ahead of the Olympics, Shiffrin will be eager to keep her momentum going in weeks to
come.After Sunday’s race, Frida Hansdotter of Sweden praised the American for ”taking the sport to another level.”But Shiffrin Womens Jameis Winston Jersey , who usually refrains from keeping track of her records and statistics, said ”it doesn’t feel like it’s something crazy
that’s happening.”This time, she said, ”it’s not like dreaming. And that’s really cool.”Rising star Bradie Tennell’s near-perfect free skate earned her a national title and almost certainly a spot on the U.S. team for next month’s
Olympics.

Tennell was spotless in the short program two days ago, then as the final skater in the long program she didn’t miss a trick under tremendous pressure.
Her top competitors, Mirai Nagasu and Karen Chen, already had put down superb
routines.Nagasu capped a sensationally sweet comeback with a flowing performance to finish second, virtually assuring a spot in next month’s Olympics – a berth she
was denied four years ago by the selection committee.Chen, the defending champion, was third.Ashley Wagner called out judges her scores in the free skate, which put in jeopardy her chances of returning to the Olympics. Wagner scored a 130.85 in her
strongest event for 196.19, finishing fourth.”I’m furious, I am absolutely furious,” Wagner said. ”I know when I go and I lay it down and I absolutely left one jump on the table, but for me to put out
two programs that I did at this competition as solid as I skated and to get
those scores, I am furious, and I think deservedly so.”SPEED SKATINGMILWAUKEE (AP) – Erin Jackson surprised herself and almost everyone else at the U.S. speedskating trials Matthew Stafford Jersey White , becoming a first-time Olympian after just four months on ice.Coming from the world of inline skating, Jackson qualified in the 500 meters by finishing third behind veterans Brittany Bowe and Heather Bergsma.Bowe had the fastest time over two heats Friday night. She was quicker in her first run around the big oval, clocking 37.95 seconds. Her second run was 38.18.
Bergsma also was quicker in her first heat at 38.24. Her second trip was
38.42.Jackson was just the opposite. The 25-year-old skater from Ocala, Florida, went 39.22 in her first heat. She was even better in her second run, going
39.04.”I really wasn’t expecting any of this, just coming in as a newbie, just trying to do the best I can,” she said, smiling. ”I still don’t even know.”PRO FOOTBALLNEW YORK (AP) – The NFL is sending the remaining portion of a $30 million investment in neurological research to government-funded entities despite ending
the original agreement for the project.The league said it would send $7.7 million each to the Department of Defense and a group that studies traumatic brain injuries. Another $2.3 million will go
to the National Institute for Aging.An agreement to issue the funds through the Foundation for the National Institutes of Health ended in August, and the NFL chose the final dispersals
following discussions with experts on the most pressing scientific research
needs.Each of the research projects receives substantial federal funding. Through its involvement, the NFL hopes to learn more about concussions and other brain
injuries.ALAMEDA, Calif. (AP) – The Oakland Raiders are set to bring Jon Gruden back for a second stint as coach.A person with knowledge of the team’s plans said the Raiders are planning a news conference Tuesday to announce that Gruden is leaving the broadcast booth
to come back to coaching. The person spoke on condition of anonymity because the
team has made no formal announcement.The Raiders fired Jack Del Rio following a disappointing six-win season and talk immediately turned to Gruden. Gruden spent four years as coach for the
Raiders before being dealt to Tampa Bay, where he beat Oakland in the Super Bowl
following his first season in 2002. Gruden has been out of coaching for nine
years.The news conference was first reported by the Raiders Snake Pit website.PRO BASKETBALLPHILADELPHIA (AP) – Hall of Famer Julius Erving fell ill at the Philadelphia 76ers’ game and was taken to a hospital.There was no immediate update on his condition.”Philadelphia 76ers legend Julius Erving fell ill at tonight’s game and was taken to a local hospital, where he is currently being evaluated. He is expected
to be released after the evaluation,” said a statement on behalf of Erving’s
management team and the Sixers.Erving, 67 Authentic Philip Rivers Jersey , attended the game and rang the ceremonial Liberty Bell before tipoff. The dunker more commonly known as ”Dr. J” was
honored by the team to mark 35 years since he threw down his famous cradle dunk
against the Los Angeles Lakers.Erving led the Sixers to their last NBA championship in 1983 and was 1981 NBA MVP.SPORTS ANALYTICSBOSTON (AP) – Former President Barack Obama will speak at the MIT Sloan Sports Analytics Conference on Feb. 23, though it’s unclear what he plans to
discuss.The conference announced on Twitter that Obama, an avid sports fan, will make an appearance.MIT has held the conference annually since 2007, hosting industry professionals to discuss the role of analytics in sports. This year, Major
League Baseball Commissioner Rob Manfred, NBA Commissioner Adam Silver and NHL
Commissioner Gary Bettman are scheduled to speak, as are retired baseball star
Alex Rodriguez, FiveThirtyEight founder Nate Silver and Los Angeles Clippers
owner and former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer.Obama routinely filled out NCAA Tournament brackets on ESPN during his presidency, and his White House press secretary, Josh Earnest, once said Obama
would consider being part of the ownership group for an NBA
franchise. Authentic Womens Kemoko Turay Jersey

Posted 27 Sep 2018

Reply to Topic