has anyone heard...

5147 views 952 replies
Reply to Topic
MR PERFECT

Total Posts: 3942

adnan sami's new single teri kasam?! not sure if the albums out yet but this one song is boooooooooooring! LOL

i'll reserve further comment till i hear the entire album, but this one song is .

i'll tell u one thing tho: if he releases it in india first, it'll be a good thing 4 him. cause if he releases this goin' head 2 head with fuzon's upcomin' album, ali azmat's solo album, and JAL's current album...he'd get schooled.    
Posted 16 Nov 2004

fuzon's r the best band now didnt listen to any song of adnan's album
Posted 16 Nov 2004

shaista says
adnan ke saare songs eik doosre se milte hain, it's time now that he makes something different.....
Posted 16 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says
so tru.
Posted 16 Nov 2004

~Fragi~ says
adnan's songs r
Posted 16 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
Teri Kasam, was a good track, and ummm i bought the album long time ago, its good...n the video for Teri Kasam is good too...
Posted 17 Nov 2004

scotchtape says
All his songs sound the same. even the videos are similar.
Posted 18 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
boo u
Posted 18 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says
lol. they're all right yaar. adnan sami has lost his creativity in our opinions.

anyhow....anyone hear ABBAS ALI KHAN?? he's a singer from pak and he sounds a little like adnan sami, and his music is similar too. u should listen to his song, 'teri sanson ne'
Posted 18 Nov 2004

samiyah says
you guys shouldnt listen or watch adnan sami he betrayed your country!
Posted 18 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says
i read ur post in the other topic...

similar 2 how reema should remember who 'helps' her, india's pseudo pop industry should remember who helped them. b4 pakistan's adnan...ya'll had nothing!!!
Posted 18 Nov 2004

samiyah says
adnan didnt do jack! he came to india for his own reasons and he stated that, no one said oh adnan come here, oh adnan apply for a indian citizenship, he chose to come here just like the other stars in your country who are choosing to come to india, so they can gain success and acknowledgement they should have received from your country but unfortunately your country doesnt provide the platform our country has and they have no choice but india to be successful locally and internationally. you should be happy india allows your people to come there and display their talent if they didnt, even your own people wouldnt recognize their talent. you people only see what your people have to offer through other people's eyes.
Posted 18 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says
nobody asks our stars to come to india?! LOL.

samiyah, samiyah, samiyah....

last i checked, maummar was asked by that debutant director during a cricket game, to make an appearance in his movie.

last i checked, it was the organizers of that award show, who invited resham, reema, and javaid sheikh to attend.

last i checked, it was some indian producer who asked the late great NFAK to come 2 india and make the music for the film aur pyar ho gaya.

last i checked, it was pooja bhat who literally went out of her way to COME to pakistan and ask ali azmat and rahat fateh ali khan to do the music for paap.

last i checked it was some indian tv show that invited ghulam ali to be a judge for a singing contest.

these are but a few examples. ofcourse india offers a bigger platform to showcase talent (thanks to their media). but nobody's goin' ANYWHERE from pak, unless they're ASKED - with the exception of adnan sami.

and what a difference he made 2 a virtually non-existant indian pop music scene!! he breathed life into that industry (pop music). and now, ur after our kickass bands like strings, fuzon, aaroh and so on!! its aiight samiyah....u indians know ur movies. but pop music...dream on.
Posted 18 Nov 2004

Rain Man says
chhaa gaya hai oye...
Posted 18 Nov 2004

samiyah says
MR PERFECT said:

last i checked, maummar was asked by that debutant director during a cricket game, to make an appearance in his movie.

last i checked, it was the organizers of that award show, who invited resham, reema, and javaid sheikh to attend.

last i checked, it was some indian producer who asked the late great NFAK to come 2 india and make the music for the film aur pyar ho gaya.

last i checked, it was pooja bhat who literally went out of her way to COME to pakistan and ask ali azmat and rahat fateh ali khan to do the music for paap.

last i checked it was some indian tv show that invited ghulam ali to be a judge for a singing contest.

these are but a few examples. ofcourse india offers a bigger platform to showcase talent (thanks to their media). but nobody's goin' ANYWHERE from pak, unless they're ASKED - with the exception of adnan sami.

and what a difference he made 2 a virtually non-existant indian pop music scene!! he breathed life into that industry (pop music). and now, ur after our kickass bands like strings, fuzon, aaroh and so on!! its aiight samiyah....u indians know ur movies. but pop music...dream on.

i never said they were not asked or invited i said they choose to come to india! it was their choice at the moment to choose whether they wanted to come to india and get fame or stay in pakistan and choose not to and stay in the dark. ofcourse india is gonna, they are always looking for opportunity to improve their sales and their name, especially now to improve peace relations. its your actors who are choosing to make their career better and they know going to india is their only option if they want to get recognized. if your actors believed that your country could do so much for them they would have stuck there and waited to get famous but they choose to come to india where their fame was instantly given to them and they knew their talent would be respected and recognized. india doesnt need them for their talent, india wants them for the money they are gonna make off of them and for the recognition they will get for making the first move towards making relations better, india is benefitting more by making sure that when your actors get here they know they are in india where their dreams will come true and they can always be thankful to india!
Posted 18 Nov 2004

scotchtape says
MR PERFECT said:

Posted 18 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says
samiyah said:

i never said they were not asked or invited i said they choose to come to india! it was their choice at the moment to choose whether they wanted to come to india and get fame or stay in pakistan and choose not to and stay in the dark. ofcourse india is gonna, they are always looking for opportunity to improve their sales and their name, especially now to improve peace relations. its your actors who are choosing to make their career better and they know going to india is their only option if they want to get recognized. if your actors believed that your country could do so much for them they would have stuck there and waited to get famous but they choose to come to india where their fame was instantly given to them and they knew their talent would be respected and recognized. india doesnt need them for their talent, india wants them for the money they are gonna make off of them and for the recognition they will get for making the first move towards making relations better, india is benefitting more by making sure that when your actors get here they know they are in india where their dreams will come true and they can always be thankful to india!

ofcourse they 'choose' to go to india. when you're asked...why would you say no? they're not jackasses. lol.

are you telling me that rahat fateh ali khan, ali azmat, maummar rana, ghulam ali, reema, and so on, were not famous BEFORE they came 2 india?! LOL i suppose NFAK was also not famous b4 he came to india right? lol. they were freakin' allstars in pakistan having made a HUGE name for themselves. then when they were ASKED to come 2 india...they did so, in order to conquer another market - which they did. nothing wrong with that. they don't 'owe' india anything.

india doesn't want them for their talent? LOL. oh samiyah...whats wrong with u?! are you aware that pooja bhat and her husband heard the garbage that anu malik made for her movie, and she was disgusted? LOL. then her husband suggested crossing the boarder and asking the former vital sign member to not only RE-DO the music, but also suggest other pakistani singers to help out: enter rahat, and ali azmat! FACT is.....we have ALOT more talent when it comes to music. shortly after paap....some bollywood director made a movie called rakht, and guess what.....he came lookin' 4 the pakistani band AAROH!! ya'll KNOW we kick ass when it comes to music. why can't u admit this? lol
Posted 18 Nov 2004

samiyah says
MR PERFECT said:

ofcourse they 'choose' to go to india. when you're asked...why would you say no? they're not jackasses. lol.

are you telling me that rahat fateh ali khan, ali azmat, maummar rana, ghulam ali, reema, and so on, were not famous BEFORE they came 2 india?! LOL i suppose NFAK was also not famous b4 he came to india right? lol. they were freakin' allstars in pakistan having made a HUGE name for themselves. then when they were ASKED to come 2 india...they did so, in order to conquer another market - which they did. nothing wrong with that. they don't 'owe' india anything.

india doesn't want them for their talent? LOL. oh samiyah...whats wrong with u?! are you aware that pooja bhat and her husband heard the garbage that anu malik made for her movie, and she was disgusted? LOL. then her husband suggested crossing the boarder and asking the former vital sign member to not only RE-DO the music, but also suggest other pakistani singers to help out: enter rahat, and ali azmat! FACT is.....we have ALOT more talent when it comes to music. shortly after paap....some bollywood director made a movie called rakht, and guess what.....he came lookin' 4 the pakistani band AAROH!! ya'll KNOW we kick ass when it comes to music. why can't u admit this? lol

Exactly why would you say No to India?? It just says that you do know India is good and its even better then what your country can offer for your stars. Nusrat and Junoon are the only ones who made themeselves popular outside of pakistan but the other stars didnt stand a chance unless someone wanted to explore sufism again. All them were just invited for peace related issues once all that ends your back to square one wiht our teachings! Those stars only have hope from India because even Strings after coming to India got a contract with Spiderman 2 through sony. As for Pooja Bhatt she did it for the peace process, her family from the beggining including her father always wanted both countries to get along and they both condenmed anti-paki movies and she wanted to only use pakistani music when faisel who had contacts in the indian industry started passing his demo tape around and becausae her husband happened to be friends wiht faisel thought the sufi music would go perfect with the movie and its theme! no one from their was dying and waiting for a pakistani to come and sing a song for them it just so happened it came their way and what better way to improve peace, raise publicity and use it in the movie when it's right in their front of their face! After you read the article you will see that it was them who made an indian listen to the tape and they were about to put away the songs and give up till they got their chance and someone actually appreciated and liked it and they proved themselves. You should be thankful india is giving your people the opportunity to show their talents off because in your country their talents arent even appreciated until now people in your country are beggining to give your people the respect they should have deserved way before we came into the picture!
your film industry could have done better if they had confidence in their own people, even today javed sheikh is making movies wiht lots of confidence because he knows indian's are helping him and he has the right camera's, talents, guidance he needs, he knows now that he makes a movie it will be viewed without having to worry if your people like it!

The film in question is Pooja Bhatt's Paap, and former Vital Sign Shehzad 'Shahi' Hasan, cinematographer Faisal Rafi, singer Rahat Fateh Ali Khan and studio session player and keyboardist Faiz Ali Naqvi, aka Faizi, were the foursome representing the world of Pakistani music in India. Shahi and Faisal were visibly overjoyed with their coup-d'etat, as they revealed the story behind the merger of Indo-Pak talents.

"I did an album with Rahat about five years ago. Nusrat Fateh Ali sahib had just died at the time and naturally, Rahat, his nephew, was depressed. We tried to get him out of it, reminding him that now, carrying forward Nusrat's legacy was his task. He already had a couple of compositions, and we put them to music. It was something I wanted to do as an artist. It was a very experimental record," Shahi started.

Unfortunately, due to their record company folding, the album never saw the light of day, but Faisal, who had been working with Channel [V] and Star TV, had contacts in the Indian entertainment industry and sent the demo tape around.

"For many years, I've been producing music and Shahi and I go way back, as we're childhood friends. I always wanted to do a project with Nusrat Fateh Ali, and I had even talked to him about it. Night Song (with Michael Brook) was pretty big, so we thought we could do it better, being Pakistanis. But as it happened, Nusrat passed away before anything came to fruition. Shahi introduced me to Rahat and we hit it off. Seven or eight months later, we had the skeletons of several songs and realized that most of them were ahead of their time.

Then, about two years ago, Munish 'Munna' Makhija, who was one of my good friends from the Channel [V] days, was in Pakistan and we made him listen to our demo tape, as Shahi had gotten around eight songs done," Faisal explained.

Following that, again, the project seemed destined for the 'Classics that never were' vault, until six months ago, when Faisal received a call from Munna.

"He told me that he had made Mahesh Bhatt listen to the tape, and that he and his daughter Pooja loved it. They were interested in using the music for their films and basically wanted the album. I talked it over with Shahi and Rahat and we agreed to give them the album," Faisal said.

"It so happened that Annu Malik, a big time Bollywood composer, had done a few songs for Pooja's movie, out of which one was selected. Paap is a very arty film as there is no lip-synching and silly dances. Apparently, the music that Malik had provided somehow didn't gel with the rest of the production. When Munna made her listen to our CD, she fell in love with it, particularly a song called Man ki Lagan (no doubt an exquisitely beautiful track with Rahat's high vocals, bass maestro Sameer Ahmad's deep intonations, Assad Ahmad's sparse plucking, Nizar Lalani's drums and poignant verses penned by Amjad Islam Amjad)," Shahi added.

--------------------------------------------------------

“It all began with us looking for some music that had its roots in Sufi kind of music. We wanted the music of the film to be different,” said Bhatt.
You premiered your film in Pakistan. How was the experience?

We were invited for the third Kara Film Festival in Karachi. It got a good response. Paap is actually a collaboration of Indians and Pakistanis. It is the music of my generation. No one appreciated Man ki lagan before and [musician] Ali was about to trash it. I asked him not to.
Eight months ago, when I roped Ali in, he had to travel from Dubai to India because there were no direct flights from Pakistan to India. I am glad that today, the relations between the two countries have improved

You premiered your film in Pakistan. How was the experience?

We were invited for the third Kara Film Festival in Karachi. It got a good response. Paap is actually a collaboration of Indians and Pakistanis. It is the music of my generation. No one appreciated Man ki lagan before and [musician] Ali was about to trash it. I asked him not to.

The Bhatt family, including Mahesh and Mukesh, has always been vocal about their support to Pakistanis and the need to develop better ties with India. Taking the initiative Pooja Bhatt's next film Paap has incorporated Sufi music by a Pakistani band Junoon. Director Pooja Bhatt says that the song will be converted into a music video, to be used for the promos of the film
Posted 19 Nov 2004

samiyah says

The biggest news of the week is that Strings have been roped in to lend their song, Na Jaane Kyun from Dhaani, for the Indian version of Spiderman. Not only will Peter Parker a.k.a Spiderman soon have an Indian avatar as Pavitr Prabhakar, but now the web swinging super hero will sing, like all Indian heroes, a song! "When we were approached by Columbia to do this track for Spider-Man 2, it was unreal," said Strings member Faisal Kapadia. "Spider-Man has been a favourite character of ours for a long time, so to sing a track for the worldwide film is an amazing opportunity," added partner Bilal Maqsood. Strings are in Mumbai currently to shoot a video for the track as well to promote their recently released album Dhaani, which has hit the top spot in India, once again. These two Spider-Man fans can't wait to hear the rest of the OST which also features international acts like Hoobastank, Train and Maroon 5.

"We are very, very excited," says Faisal. Bilal agrees, "To work on a project of this magnitude is a dream." Na Jaane Kyun will be the only Urdu track to feature on the OST. "The track is about finding one's identity," explains Bilal. "At the end of first movie, Peter Parker is not sure about whether he wants to continue being Spider-Man. The song explains the self-conflict." What is confusing is why the media and the bands themselves refer to the song as a Hindi song when it is an Urdu one. Shouldn't they be bringing their own essence of their land to the movie or the country (India) rather than gelling into it? Anyway, good luck to them.
Posted 19 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says
samiyah said:

Exactly why would you say No to India?? It just says that you do know India is good and its even better then what your country can offer for your stars. Nusrat and Junoon are the only ones who made themeselves popular outside of pakistan but the other stars didnt stand a chance unless someone wanted to explore sufism again. All them were just invited for peace related issues once all that ends your back to square one wiht our teachings! Those stars only have hope from India because even Strings after coming to India got a contract with Spiderman 2 through sony. As for Pooja Bhatt she did it for the peace process, her family from the beggining including her father always wanted both countries to get along and they both condenmed anti-paki movies and she wanted to only use pakistani music when faisel who had contacts in the indian industry started passing his demo tape around and becausae her husband happened to be friends wiht faisel thought the sufi music would go perfect with the movie and its theme! no one from their was dying and waiting for a pakistani to come and sing a song for them it just so happened it came their way and what better way to improve peace, raise publicity and use it in the movie when it's right in their front of their face! After you read the article you will see that it was them who made an indian listen to the tape and they were about to put away the songs and give up till they got their chance and someone actually appreciated and liked it and they proved themselves. You should be thankful india is giving your people the opportunity to show their talents off because in your country their talents arent even appreciated until now people in your country are beggining to give your people the respect they should have deserved way before we came into the picture!
your film industry could have done better if they had confidence in their own people, even today javed sheikh is making movies wiht lots of confidence because he knows indian's are helping him and he has the right camera's, talents, guidance he needs, he knows now that he makes a movie it will be viewed without having to worry if your people like it!

what im sayin' is not sinking in samiyah. lol

when our stars are asked to come...they agree. they agree...so they can conquer another market. that is why they dont say 'no.'

as for pakistani stars not standing a chance unless 'someone wnated to explore sufism' - thats a given. unless someone shows interest in your product, you dont stand a chance - especially on an international stage. similarly, unless 'someone wanted to explore bollywood' india's cinema didn't stand a chance. u (indians) didn't do it on your own.

u seem to be under the impression that indians 'use' pakistani talent - for the peace process or for whatever reason. did u ever stop to think that we USE YOU? LOL. strings is a prime example...they promote 'DHANI' in india, and get noticed. they create music for SM2 as a result, collect a healthy paycheck, and come RIGHT BACK HOME TO PAKISTAN!!! outside of adnan sami...all pakistani stars use the platform provided by the indian media to make some green, and come home! theres nothin' wrong with that! we provide u with the TALENT and u provide us with the means to promote it. give and take my friend.

as 4 paap....u proved nothing. as u read urself....despite what was going to happend to the song, it was pooja bhat and/or her dad who asked rahat do donate it to the movie. not the other way around.

now here's an article for u....
Posted 19 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says
source: the hindu layer (newspaper)
date: monday sept 29 2003

The `Fuzon' layer

After Junoon, Strings, and more recently, Xenia, another band from across the border, is making waves...

THE LATE Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan kick-started the trend, that was followed by artistes such as Haider Ali, Xenia, and the duo of Strings. Pakistani music acts have been well appreciated and accepted in the Indian music scene, for their superior music quality. Apart from Xenia and the late Nusrat Fateh Ali Khan, most bands have a strong rock influence on their music. Now, another band that fuses rock with their unique blend of music has hit the music stores across the country.

Fuzon began in 2001. Shallum (Shallum Asher Xavier) and Immu (Imran Momina) were the founding members, who decided to put their heads together as they realised that their musical ideas and tastes were pretty much the same. The next thing we know is that they created a handful of fusion tracks, the only thing lacking was a quality vocalist who would sing for them. Meanwhile, Shafquat (Shafqat Amanat Ali) had been singing for a few jingles and happened to drop into Immo's recording studio (Oh, yes! he did have one of his own.) for an assignment. Shafquat's vocals impressed the duo, who decided to jam with him, and lo and behold, a unique musical Fuzon was taking shape. Immu is a multi-dimensional pianist, who had been playing since the age of 13. His flair for arranging his own music and experimenting with melodies made him set up his own little recording and mixing studio, and this is where the jam sessions took place. Having started to play the piano from the age of 9, he shifted tracks and began "worshipping" the guitar, by practising for eight hours a day for three whole days. Playing for quite a few local pop acts, has brought him to the limelight, and he is now getting recognition for his talent. The vocalist Shafquat has a strong foundation in eastern classical music. But during his college days, he was exposed to rock, jazz, and blues, and ended up fusing these genres and singing them. Most of the songs in the album reflect his unique ability to blend the tunes of the sub-continent in a Western style of rendering.

Saagar (Virgin Records; CD; Rs.199, Cassette; Rs. 65) features 12 tracks, each reflecting something unique in the music. The opening track "Akhiyaan" has been doing the rounds along the FM stations of the country. The energetic and infectious track that begins with a folk vocal rendering picks up tempo along with some impressive guitar works towards the end, and by that time, you feel like hearing it all over again. "Jhoom Jhoom" would probably be the most energetic fusion track in recent times. "Aankhon Ke Sagar" has a terrific melody — soothing and energising at the same time. The guitar mix of this track is impressive too.

The superior vocal quality of Shafquat, and guitar works of Shallum do wonders to the music. In a poll among vocalists of recent bands, one wouldn't be surprised if Shafquat takes the cake.

During these days of musical malnutrition in Indipop, impressive bands like Fuzon provide solace — and hopefully inspire a few Indian bands as well. As they say, music knows no boundaries.

A. VISHNU

Posted 19 Nov 2004

fuzon roxxxxxxxx man they r simply the best
Posted 19 Nov 2004

samiyah says
what im sayin' is not sinking in samiyah. lol

when our stars are asked to come...they agree. they agree...so they can conquer another market. that is why they dont say 'no.'

as for pakistani stars not standing a chance unless 'someone wnated to explore sufism' - thats a given. unless someone shows interest in your product, you dont stand a chance - especially on an international stage. similarly, unless 'someone wanted to explore bollywood' india's cinema didn't stand a chance. u (indians) didn't do it on your own.

u seem to be under the impression that indians 'use' pakistani talent - for the peace process or for whatever reason. did u ever stop to think that we USE YOU? LOL. strings is a prime example...they promote 'DHANI' in india, and get noticed. they create music for SM2 as a result, collect a healthy paycheck, and come RIGHT BACK HOME TO PAKISTAN!!! outside of adnan sami...all pakistani stars use the platform provided by the indian media to make some green, and come home! theres nothin' wrong with that! we provide u with the TALENT and u provide us with the means to promote it. give and take my friend.

as 4 paap....u proved nothing. as u read urself....despite what was going to happend to the song, it was pooja bhat and/or her dad who asked rahat do donate it to the movie. not the other way around.

now here's an article for u....

if indians didnt do it on their own then how did they do it??? they didnt go to other countries and have to make them see their talent, their talents were discovered cause they worked themselves up and got it on their own, unlike your people who are getting it from india, their talents are being focused on and respected because india is their platform of success, if those people stayed in pakistan they would have stayed in pakistan. indians are not using pakistanis they are appreciating unlike you people who are gaining so much from india are the users! its not only about the greens look at strings if they are getting the paycheck they arent even getting the respect they should demand they be known as pakistani's and not indians, if you go to their site at one time they had india all over it and on their album they are gonna have it say hindi instead of urdu! how come strings will not represent your country if they are so proud of where they come from?? as for just making greens and going back home?? are u serious your stars like reema, momi, zeba, adnan all want fame in india because your country doesnt not only provide decent money to them but you guys dont even support or respect them. all the people do is complain how they dont do this and that and finally when india is accepting them and allowing them some fame you people go and claim them as always being stars and always being your favorite! i agree its about give and take but dont tell me that your actors are not getting more then they ever dreamed of. This just shows that India and Indians are not bad people and they do allow even their rival country people to come and have their dreams and talents recognized without anything in return, do you think your country would give to someone wihtout expecting from them?? i just want you to realize that your people that come to india to give india the pop scene are not doing it only for money they are doing it because they are getting what they always wanted respect and recognition that you people couldnt give them and you should respect india for giving them that and not criticize india because if it was such a bad country your stars wouldnt be their getting respect and help in the first place.
Posted 20 Nov 2004

scotchtape says
SO now you are going to tell us that Pakistan didn't respect NFAK or Strings or Junoon?
Posted 20 Nov 2004

samiyah says
ScotchTape said:

SO now you are going to tell us that Pakistan didn't respect NFAK or Strings or Junoon?

im not telling you shyt your just hearing stuff.
Posted 20 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says
samiyah said:

if indians didnt do it on their own then how did they do it??? they didnt go to other countries and have to make them see their talent, their talents were discovered cause they worked themselves up and got it on their own, unlike your people who are getting it from india, their talents are being focused on and respected because india is their platform of success, if those people stayed in pakistan they would have stayed in pakistan. indians are not using pakistanis they are appreciating unlike you people who are gaining so much from india are the users! its not only about the greens look at strings if they are getting the paycheck they arent even getting the respect they should demand they be known as pakistani's and not indians, if you go to their site at one time they had india all over it and on their album they are gonna have it say hindi instead of urdu! how come strings will not represent your country if they are so proud of where they come from?? as for just making greens and going back home?? are u serious your stars like reema, momi, zeba, adnan all want fame in india because your country doesnt not only provide decent money to them but you guys dont even support or respect them. all the people do is complain how they dont do this and that and finally when india is accepting them and allowing them some fame you people go and claim them as always being stars and always being your favorite! i agree its about give and take but dont tell me that your actors are not getting more then they ever dreamed of. This just shows that India and Indians are not bad people and they do allow even their rival country people to come and have their dreams and talents recognized without anything in return, do you think your country would give to someone wihtout expecting from them?? i just want you to realize that your people that come to india to give india the pop scene are not doing it only for money they are doing it because they are getting what they always wanted respect and recognition that you people couldnt give them and you should respect india for giving them that and not criticize india because if it was such a bad country your stars wouldnt be their getting respect and help in the first place.

exactly!! indians didn't go anywhere to promote their homegorwn talent: MTV, Sony, Time-Warner, etc came to them. similarly....9/10 pakistani stars don't GO to india to promote their talent: they are ASKED/INVITED to come and they oblidge.

strings not representing pakistan?! are u crazy?! the reason that their album says 'hindi' instead of urdu, is because the company promoting it, is based out of india.

as for respect...in pakistan, if you're talented...you get noticed and respected. strings got it, junoon, nfak, u name it, they all got respect. reema and nfak won the pride of pakistan award for God's sake! what more respect can they get?! they come to india so that they can conquer another market - thats all. our talent has breathed life into a non-existant indian pop scene. india's top 10 lists have atleast 3-5 pakistani pop songs in them! our singers come to india not to get fame and respect, because they get that in pakistan. they come to india to get MORE fame and MORE respect, cause you have a bigger market! simple as that. its like i said....its all abt give and take: we have talent, and you guys have the means to promote it.

to conclude our debate: you were the one who said that pakistani's try and be like indians - and we are showing you, that you're wrong. indians know how to make movies and they have a larger market but we take the cake when it comes to dramas and pop music. if we can respect your superiority when it comes to movies, we expect the same from you, for our dramas and music.
we appreciate the platform india provides, but india needs to see that while our stars reep benefits from this platform....so does your industry.
Posted 20 Nov 2004

hudz9 says
Cut offf dis sh*tt guyzz...and 4 God sake GROW UPPP.....kab tak u guyz wanna stick 2 ur stereo type mentality....gosshhh its reallly sad ki koi kuch samjh nahi raha...well samiyah...wht r u upto? chillax gurly....n mind u both (Samiyah n Yasser) v all wnts gud music and entertainment...let it b indian or paki...if both indian n paki market work 2gether its not gonna b gud for both d markets but 4 us tooo coz v gettin a better quality of music...so guyz it really doesnt matter koun kaha se aaya n kisne kisko bulaya...whtz important dat v both indians n pakis r njoyin workin 2gethr....itni choti baaat ko y u wanna make a complex one??
Posted 20 Nov 2004

MR PERFECT says
agree with hudz

i'll back down and call a truce...
Posted 21 Nov 2004

hudz9 says
Thnks yasser! now datz call a perfect decision frm Mr.perfect...adios n njoy life!
Posted 21 Nov 2004

valandrian says
bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670
bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670
bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670bd54670
bd54670
Posted 02 Jun 2018

Posted 16 Sep 2018

Reply to Topic