U are what u wear...

2040 views 63 replies
Reply to Topic
Asian

Total Posts: 11550

From a RESPECTBLE girl's point of view

No normal get up, just a simple shalwar kameez, thats all it was, i ended up offending 4 aunties, quite frankly they deserve it.

as i said i was going to meet my bestfriend and needed something to wear, my usall etire is a pair of jeans brown boots and a top usally designer, i don't buy for the sake of a label or because it is in Fashion.....I buy something because i like it. As a result many Asian women where i live snigger and make krass remarks about me, but i know for a fact it's to do with the fact that i could not care less about what they think only what my family and how ALLAH will judge me in the here after....

so where was i ah yes. A shalwar kemeez, besides the fact women here can't sew to save their lives and the fact they r uneducated lahories/karachi ppl with nothing better to do then gossip about other ppl. i sat their not only to be mesured up by a auntie ji and suffer her krass remarks but also i was asked something witch i tottaly dissagree with, and i fliped i shouted and stormed out the house, so ever since then i have been dubed as being "A RUDE GIRL WITCH NO DECENT MAN WILL MARRY.."

i am rasing the topic of why r women in shalwar kameez seen as more respectble then a girl in jeans and a top?

if anyone agrees with this uneducated hypothsis i swear i will
Posted 05 Dec 2004

BiKeR says
it's unfortunate but our desi community's mind is set:

gals in shalwar kameez r more "shareef" then gals in pant/shirt
Posted 09 Dec 2004

jag says
yeh actually! not but everyone has the same views... do some respect, but that is very rare case. so who gives a **** hahahaha sorry

be what you are! that's the best of it.
Posted 09 Dec 2004

javad says
hi
Posted 09 Dec 2004

haan yaar says
aray app ko khud choose kerna chaiya
Posted 09 Dec 2004

BiKeR says
Posted 10 Dec 2004

javad says
waah ji kia baaat ki hai
Posted 10 Dec 2004

lekin "shareef" ki sahee defination kia hay. kia pants jeans pahne walee larkee namaz nahin parsaktee. I can count several shalwar kameez waering girls who never offer prayer.Nobility is in heart not what you wear but decency is something else which reflects through dressing
Posted 10 Dec 2004

BiKeR says
Posted 11 Dec 2004

javad says
yar abb issbary main kiaaa bolon
Posted 11 Dec 2004

BiKeR says
Posted 12 Dec 2004

dost19 says

hamare society ki "aurtoon" ki adaat hai ke larkioon ke kaproon se un ko judge karien....WHEN R THEY GOING TO GROW UP
people think that girls look much better in their native clothes...
but if u r living in a foreign country u have to fit in their way of living or else u cant settle ... but that doesnt mean that u should forget about ur own culture

Posted 12 Dec 2004

BiKeR says
Posted 12 Dec 2004

javad says
hmm but i muslim girl should show herself a muslim
Posted 13 Dec 2004

exactly javad
Posted 14 Dec 2004

Asian says
well i have learnt my lesson from now on i buy my shalwar kameez's from ebay, lolz it's true i get my brother to bid for me lolz, na my sis just come back from the states, my cousin bought me beautful shalwar kameez's , they r simple and elegant.

but still adim sai baat to hai na, i hate backward minded ppl, my cousin is tottaly cool, and she was born and raised in pk, now living in the states, even she wears jeans and stuff, i guess education plays a bigger part of life then just a wage or standard of living,
Posted 14 Dec 2004

HumTun says
Posted 14 Dec 2004

Posted 15 Dec 2004

Asian says
Posted 15 Dec 2004

hanso
Posted 15 Dec 2004

HumTun says
Posted 15 Dec 2004

Asian says
nice candle