ef fling with Beijing three yea

343 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
xuezhiqian123

Total Posts: 0

GENEVA Ben Bishop Stars Jersey , May 26 (Xinhua) -- Newly elected World Health
Organization (WHO) Director-General Tedros Adhanom on Friday reaffirmed the
one-China principle.

Tedros told Xinhua that he would abide by the one-China principle as enshrined in the related UN General Assembly resolution and World Health
Assembly resolution when handling issues in the WHO which are related to China's
Taiwan.

During a meeting with Chinese Health Minister Li Bin on Wednesday, Tedros said the UN agency will properly handle the Taiwan-related issues based on the
resolutions of the UN General Assembly and the World Health Assembly, the WHO's
decision-making body.

The WHO plenary on Monday rejected a proposal to discuss the invitation of China's Taiwan to the WHO's annual assembly.

Prior to this year's assembly, Li told a press conference in Geneva that from 2009 to 2016, the Chinese government made special arrangements for Taiwan to
attend the WHO assembly as an observer in the name of "Chinese Taipei," in
accordance with the "1992 Consensus" reached between the Chinese mainland and
Taiwan.

However, Taiwan's current ruling Democratic Progressive Party has refused to recognize the one-China
principle Stephen
Johns Stars Jersey
 , thus undermining the political basis of Taiwan's
participation in the WHO's annual conference.

The WHO is a UN specialized agency. UN General Assembly Resolution 2758 and World Health Assembly Resolution 25.1 provide the legal basis for the WHO to
follow the one-China principle.

During the press conference, Li also noted that proper arrangements have been made for Taiwan to participate in global health affairs and to conduct exchanges
on epidemics and other health issues with WHO medical and public health experts,
thus the so-called "epidemic prevention gap" doesn't exist at all.

Tedros, 52, a former health minister and foreign minister of Ethiopia, was elected on Tuesday as new WHO director-general at the 70th World Health Assembly
in Geneva. He will succeed Margaret Chan, whose tenure ends in June.

Data expo opens in southwest China

Jiaolong conducts 2nd dive in 3rd stage of China's 38th oceanic expedition

Traditional Duanwu Festival greeted around China

Hong Kong Int'l Auto Show kicks off

Bottlenose dolphins relocated in NE China's Heilongjiang

China's Xiamen to hold 9th BRICS Summit

Yoga fans practise yoga on flower farmland in N China's Hebei

Chinese submersible Jiaolong descends to 4 Brett
Ritchie Stars Jersey
 ,811 meters in Mariana Trench

BEIJING, May 26 (Xinhua) -- A British artist who works under the mononym Fuller has been called a psychogeographer, someone who creates a geographical
work driven by emotion and behavior rather than function or form. It is not a
label he applies to himself.

"Someone once described my work as a 'cartographic love letter', I liked this description because having a relationship with the place I draw is at the heart
of everything I do," Fuller, 36, told Xinhua.

Fuller first came to Beijing in 2014. "It was like being a teenager Esa
Lindell Stars Jersey
 ," he said. "Like when you meet somebody and
instantly develop a crush on them."

Call it what you like -- love at first sight, a crush, infatuation -- it is a feeling that almost always peters out, but when it doesn't, very special things
can happen.

After that ten-day holiday romance three years ago, Fuller is back to prove his love.

Step one of his plan was to walk the entire length of the sixth-ring road and draw a picture, a picture not only of the
geography Tyler
Pitlick Stars Jersey
 , architecture and infrastructure he encountered but
of his own experiences and emotions. It is a picture of what he sees and what he
feels: He calls it #Walkinprogress.

KNOWING THE DANCER FROM THE DANCE

"When I was young, I had a passion to explore," he said. He knew it was a hunger that would not be sated in a lecture hall or library carrel, so at 17 he
left school.

For almost a decade, Fuller made time for art alongside his fulltime career. While his jobs were varied, a theme eventually emerged: Fuller likes to tell
stories.

In 2005, he began "London Town Devin
Shore Stars Jersey
 ," a project he would not complete for another 10
years.

"London Town" was hand-drawn in black ink. Archival prints of the piece have been acquired by the British Library and the Museum of London.

It is a graphic rendition of Fuller's relationship with the city, and as much about the artist as the metropolis. In the work, London and Fuller are as
inseparable and interdependent as James Joyce and the Dublin of "Ulysses."

Paddington Station is represented by a bear. Five interlocked rings hover over the Olympic Park in Stratford. But at Baker Street tube station, we see no
Calabach pipe or deerstalker, instead panicked human figures rush out of the
station.

"I had a friend who was killed in the bombing on July 7, 2005," Fuller said Mattias
Janmark Stars Jersey
 , referring to the terrorist attacks that killed 52
people and injured more than 700.

"Terrorism, history, cuddly toys, shared feelings, I documented them all," Fuller said. "From start to finish, it was a decade of my
life Radek
Faksa Stars Jersey
 , but the city is eternal."

A native of London, Fuller reckons he spent a total of 1,500 hours on "London Town," working a day job and conducting "research" -- walking, cycling, and
taking pictures -- in his "spare" time.

"It is a picture of the many minds which define the identity of a place in the past, through the
present John
Klingberg Stars Jersey
 , and into the future," he said.

PERCHED ON THE EDGE OF THE ABYSS

Even locals find it hard to navigate the monumental vastness of Beijing, and Fuller has only the most rudimentary grasp of Chinese.

Many would question the feasibility, sanity even, of his current undertaking. Fuller aims to create a hand drawn picture of Beijing in just two years, but
passion drives creativity, and Fuller is lacking in neither.

After his brief fling with Beijing three years ago Dan Hamhuis
Stars Jersey
 , he returned to London,
exc. Cheap Jerseys From
China
   Cheap Jerseys From
China
   Cheap Replica
Jerseys
   Cheap MLB
Jerseys
   Cheap College
Jerseys
   Cheap College
Jerseys
   Cheap MLB Jerseys
China
   Cheap Soccer
Jerseys Wholesale
   Cheap
Wholesale Soccer
Jerseys
   Wholesale NHL
Jerseys

Posted 01 Dec 2018

Latest news headlines from India and around the world. Check out today's most recent & up-to-date news coverage, videos & photos at 
sports news
latest news in hindi
Posted 15 Dec 2018

Reply to Topic