pakistanis overseas - eapecially in west

4436 views 67 replies
Reply to Topic
Bazigaar

Total Posts: 40761

r they (offcourse not all, but most) not forgetting their true values and culture?
Posted 12 Jun 2005

Ashii says
true value
culture

those who live in pak
unn k bare mei kya khyal hai
Posted 12 Jun 2005

Bazigaar says
SALL said:

true value
culture

those who live in pak
unn k bare mei kya khyal hai

well, wo bhi kafi had tak i think bholtay ja rahay hain, but when u r over seas...life is so fast paced...k ek to esa kuch sochnay ka time he nahi milta and when u do stop and think for a sec what u r...u realise u've lost u;r self somewhere
Posted 12 Jun 2005

Ashii says
yar dekho,, me yahan pe 14 yrs se hu,,
i cant say much about TRUE VALUES,, iss liye k sachi baat hai mujhe apne logon mei true values aaj tak nazar i hi nahi,, chahe pak mei chahe yahan,, obviously hum amal ki baat kar rahe hein yakeen rakhne ki nahi,,, (kissi ko bura lagta hai to lage)
jahan tak cultur ki baat hai to i guess yahan pe rehne wale parents apne bachon ko paki culture se zyada kareeb rakhte hein comparing to those who live in pak,, baki rahe bache to woh apne parents, apne media aur yahan k mahol k beech mei balance karte karte kuch ajeeb si cheez ban jate hein,,, yahan tak k aik wakt aata hai they dont beleive in anything

u cant say that WE forgot our cultur,,, we never get chance to have something to be proud of
Posted 12 Jun 2005

Bazigaar says
well, i am here for 15 years and es se pehlay i was in germany/england and before that was in italy and befre that in pak (only for 2 years) and before that in saudi arabia and i wasn;t in this world before that

now this is my back ground...now when u say k u don;t see anything like value or culture in apne ppl in pak...to well, mae to khud pak mae only 2 years raha hoon and wo bhi when i was really tiny puny...so i dunno much, but what i meant was k what we hear or read..k ye hamara culture hae etc etc...to r we not forgetting it in a sense k how often we think before we do somehting k this is not in my culture..this is wrong...etc etc
Posted 12 Jun 2005

Ashii says
ahannnn...
nice to meet ya bazu banjara

oh kie,,, woh kehne wali baat
culture se aur roots se door ho to rahe hein par sab log,, sirf overseas nahi
mera khyal se zyada yeh propoganda hai,, mujhe aaj tak yehi samajh nahi i k hamara culture hai kya,, kissi se pucho to woh bhi clearly nahi batata,, asal mei kissi ko kuch pata hi nahi

han true values pe mera yakeen hai
par woh kissi aik jaga ki nahi hoti,, i beleive in universal true values

ab subah subah dimag nahi khao
Posted 12 Jun 2005

define the true values first. phir baat hogi, name some of them.

kana phoosi?
chughli khana?
tajassus me rehna?
jhoot?
be-eemaani?
rishwat-khori?
living without any principles?

if u mean these, then i try to get rid off them.

any other values aap bata do, unn par baat hogi phir.
Posted 12 Jun 2005

Ashii says
kheeeeehkeekehekehekhekehheheheheheee...
haaaaahahahahahhaaa,,

DL ap ko ab saare pakis mil k bohot marein ge
aur hum tamasha dekhein ge
Posted 12 Jun 2005

mallak!! says
well
define true values?
;)
Posted 12 Jun 2005

Bazigaar says
Djeedja Shareef said:

kana phoosi?
chughli khana?
tajassus me rehna?
jhoot?
be-eemaani?
rishwat-khori?
living without any principles?

well, ye values hian jin ke taraf hum ja rahay hian....but hamari true values ye nahi hian..wo hian...akhovat, ithaad, emaandari, dosroon se bhalai, etc etc...
Posted 13 Jun 2005

Ashii says
yeh "etc etc" books aur baton mei hamari values hein

OMG
yani k koi bhi maane ko tayyar nahi
tsk tskk tskkkkk...
Posted 13 Jun 2005

Bazigaar says
SALL said:

yeh "etc etc" books aur baton mei hamari values hein

OMG
yani k koi bhi maane ko tayyar nahi
tsk tskk tskkkkk...

books ya batoon mae sab kahaniyaan he nahi hoteen...kuch hakeekat bhi hoti hae...

there was one time jab ye cheezain hamary logoon mae mojood theen...
Posted 13 Jun 2005

Ashii says
woh time hum ne dekha nahi
to kya kahein
Posted 13 Jun 2005

Ashii says
khair HAMARI true value ko choro
we can talk abt "universal true values"

hum mei se kitne log apne bachon ko sikhate hein
Posted 13 Jun 2005

Bazigaar says
well, my mom always tells me do this, don;t do this...do this and don;t do this...
Posted 14 Jun 2005

Ashii says
woh to sabhi kehte hein,,
ungli pakar k galt raste pe kabhi nahi le jate maa baap

par phir bhi asar kyun nahi hai unn ki naseehaton mei
2 reasons,,
ya to woh khud amal se door hein,,
ya phir apni aulad k case mei selfish hein

(mind na kare koi plz,,, me apne aap aur apne parents ko include kar k yeh baat keh rahi hu)
Posted 14 Jun 2005

cutefriend says
SALL said:

2 reasons,,

(mind na kare koi plz,,, me apne aap aur apne parents ko include kar k yeh baat keh rahi hu)

hmmm i think in some cases its rite
Posted 14 Jun 2005

Bazigaar says
SALL said:

2 reasons,,

khud bhi amal kertay hain aur ulad ke case mae selfish bhi nahi hian...but what do u do when ulad is rebel jab ulad sunay he na to what can parents do haan? even though ulad acknowledges the fact k they were really brought up well by their parents but while growing up...the outside culture sort of made them rebel...so not parent's fault
Posted 14 Jun 2005

Bazigaar says
and it had to do ntohing with parents...now that we r all grow ups...what do we think...bout what we do and what we should be doing...do we think?
Posted 14 Jun 2005

Sall you mirrored my reflections and DL

Bazi -- I know of the values that were held at the center of Paki society not too long ago.

People still same rituals but for a different motivation. neighbor used to help neighbor without expecting a return only because it was a right thing. They still do it but either to show off or with expectations for a return.

I will give my impressions of Paki culture in the west in the next post.
Posted 14 Jun 2005

Pakis in the west are of three types. Ones who are totally westernized and don't care of any eastern values (fewer in number). Second group is of those who only see through the pakistani culture glasses (largest group). Third group is the one who try to maintain a balance.

People in the first group have completely melted in the pot and assimilated into the western culture and have no idea of Paki culture or society.

Second group is that who want western amenities for eatern living style. That is, they love the material of the west but they like to dress like pakis (now under western influence), eat pakistani food, marry pakistanis, follow religious rituals only according to paki practices, pakistani and indian music and films... They are living in middle to upper middle class quarters of pakistan while their their streets are maintained by westerners, their amenities are provided by westerners... They still gosip behind people, play petty politics among each other, showing off new gadgets and talking and boasting kids achievements, competing against each other for tiny and trivial things...Pray only on Firday as if they are the most pious and always critical of the affairs of mosques...Spy on and spread rumers about fellow men and women... Deceit, theft, lies, slander, contempt are hallmarks of the paki culture in the west. All in all, it is about how wonderful you look while you may be the worst person to deal with. They are ready to compromise anything but their desires.

Third group is of those who son't want to compromise their religion for paki culture or western culture. They constantly strive in becoming better humans and slaves of their Creator. They mix with muslims of other origins, share and appreciate their values and respect their culture also. They don't impose Pakistani values upon others. They filter and adopt goodness from western cultures as much as they do with paki cultures. Their set of glasses is their religion.

No matter what we do to our children, they were born in the west and that is their motherland. We must teach and show with practise what is right and what is wrong.

Answer to your question bazi: I don't care if I forgot some bad values from pak becuz I gained many better ones from the west.
Posted 15 Jun 2005

mallak!! says
i say a lot of sorry and thank u's now...:D
Posted 15 Jun 2005

Bazigaar says
unfortunatly...i'm 90% westernized...which the 10% of desi in me tells me k is bad
Posted 15 Jun 2005

Ashii says
east aur west ko compare karna hi galt hai
acha bura kissi jaga ka nahi hota

bassssss,, and im not westernized,,,, par me paki bhi nahi lagti apni aadton se

qui suis je alors
Posted 15 Jun 2005

Bazigaar says
SALL said:

qui suis je alors

juste une fille
Posted 15 Jun 2005

Bazigaar said:

unfortunatly...i'm 90% westernized...which the 10% of desi in me tells me k is bad

Westernization is not always bad. it is bad when we pick up bad influences from the society along with good ones. Its just like a diamond miner. you get a lot of dirt and unwanted debris with diamond rocks. It takes a skillful craftsman to carve the diamond out of the rock and discard useless rocks.
Posted 15 Jun 2005

here are my true values. taken from quran, found almostly in western countries in this era.

religious freedom.
[31:24] And as for him who disbelieves, let not his disbelief grieve thee. Unto US is their return and We shall tell them that which they did. Surely, Allah knows full well what is in the breasts.    
[2:257] There is no compulsion in religion. Surely, the right way has become distinct from error; so whosoever refuses to be led by those who transgress, and believes in Allah, has surely grasped a strong handle which knows no breaking. And Allah is All-Hearing. All-Knowing.

especially towards india
[49:12] O ye who believe! let not one people deride another people, haply they may be better than they, nor let one group of women deride other women, haply they may be better than they. And do not defame your people nor call one another by nick-names. It is an evil thing to be called by bad name after having believed; and those who repent not, such are the wrongdoers.

justice for everybody, muslim or not muslim
[4:59] Verily, Allah commands you to give over the trusts to those entitled to them, and that, when you judge between men, you judge with justice. And surely, excellent is that with which Allah admonishes you. Allah is All-Hearing, All-Seeing.

probably the first law revealed to adam (as) for his nation. Roti, kappra and makaan
[20:119] 'It is decreed for thee that thou shalt not hunger therein nor shalt thou be naked;
[20:120] 'And that thou shalt not thirst therein, nor shall thou be exposed to the sun.'

asylem, i let this thing without comment.
9:6] And if anyone of the idolaters seeks protection of thee, grant him protection so that he may hear the Word of Allah; then convey him to his place of security. That is because they are a people who have no knowledge. [

and aur bhi buhat se hain

Posted 16 Jun 2005

Djeedja Shareef said:

especially towards india
[49:12] O ye who believe! let not one people deride another people, haply they may be better than they, nor let one group of women deride other women, haply they may be better than they. And do not defame your people nor call one another by nick-names. It is an evil thing to be called by bad name after having believed; and those who repent not, such are the wrongdoers.

What does it have to do with India? Makes no sense to me.

I agree wid the rest as there are many good things in western societies. There are also very serious ills in the society which inflicts many and many more are becoming its victims at an alarming rate. A society that permits and encourages indecency and nudity. It promotes alcohol consumption and gambling. It incites Allah's disobedience in oppressing people with interest and merciless individualistic selfish attitude where people fear men.

My friend DS, all those good characteristics of a society may be present in western culture. The motive is either fear of law, social pressure, or personal taste and satisfaction. God's pleasure is completly absent from it. You know any good performed to satisfy anyone but Allah goes invain and may count as sin, even if it is for self satisfaction.
Posted 16 Jun 2005

Cute_gal says
Bazigaar said:

r they (offcourse not all, but most) not forgetting their true values and culture?

i don' think so...
Posted 17 Jun 2005

@SD
i dunno pata nahi aap ka paala parra ho na ho, but its my experience ke especially india ke muamle me most of pakistanis, which i met, hamesha unn ka mazaq hi urrate rehte haiN.

i am not defending western society at all. i am just showing there good traditions, which must be ours. they are our lost attitudes. and for me it doesnt count ke religious freedoom and other good attitudes Allah ke liye dee jaarahi hai ya or for their own self-satisfaction. important is that there is religious freedom.

so i will inshallah get good things from my traditions and from others, too.
Posted 17 Jun 2005

OK! now I understand what you meant by it. Thanks

Values -- what's more important, knowing them or upholding them.
Posted 17 Jun 2005

Reply to Topic