MTP Kit can help to end an unwanted pregnancy. Women still are not completely informed regarding the MTP Kit. Here we have tried to answer all questions regarding the MTP Kit. It will help you make the right use of the Kit to end an unwanted pregnancy without any risks.
What is the MTP Kit?
An MTP Kit is basically a medicine kit used to terminate pregnancy at home under the doctor’s supervision.
The MTP Kit contains 1 tablet of Mifepristone 200mg and 4 tablets of Misoprostol 200mg. The
kit is effective in terminating pregnancy upto 63 days gestation. If the kit does not prove useful in terminating pregnancy then a surgical pregnancy needs to be initiated. The 1 tablet of Mifepristone 200mg is to be administered orally under the doctor’s supervision and guidance. This medicine will cut off the supply of progesterone necessary for a normal pregnancy. The patient needs to use the 4 tablets of Misoprostol 200mg vaginally. This can be done in doctor’s supervision or otherwise.
Is it safe to use MTP Kit to terminate pregnancy?
The MTP Kit is an effective way to terminate pregnancy non-surgically. It is a safe way to terminate pregnancy
upto 8 weeks gestation. However, the method should not be used to terminate pregnancy in the following cases:
· It is an ectopic pregnancy.
· The woman is pregnant while having an IUD in place.
· The woman is not sure whether she is pregnant or not.
· The woman is allergic to prostate glands or progestin.
It is important that you consult a doctor and inform about your health. The doctor will be able to determine the safest method to terminate pregnancy.
Can I purchase MTP Kit online?
Yes, it is possible to Buy MTP Kit online if you have a doctor’s prescription. Make sure you purchase medicines only from trusted online retailers. Always check the expiry date of the MTP Kit
while making the purchase.
What are the possible side effects ofusing the MTP Kit?
A user should be aware of the possible side effects of the MTP Kit before using it. Here we have listed these:
· Heavy vaginal bleeding will take place soon after using the MTP Kit for a couple of days.
· Light vaginal bleeding or spotting may take place upto 16 days after using the MTP Kit.
· Women who use the kit may experience nausea, vomiting and dizziness as a result of the kit.
· Fatigue and tiredness are also possible side effects of the kit.
· Some women also complain about fever and chills after using the kit.
Are there any warnings regarding the useof MTP Kit?
Be an informed user and be aware of the warnings for the MTP Kit as listed below:
· The MTP Kit should not be used by women who have been pregnant longer than the specified 63 days gestation.
· You need to go for a follow upwith the doctor to ensure the pregnancy has been terminated. You may have to
undergo surgical abortion in case the MTP Kit fails to terminate pregnancy.