meera set to tie the knott with indian

1270 views 16 replies
Reply to Topic
yoyo

Total Posts: 986

Love-struck Meera to marry Indian!

New Delhi, August 19, 2005

Nazar girl Meera has eyes only for Bollywood Badshah Shah Rukh Khan. In a clear case of cross-border love, the Pakistani actress admits King Khan is the one who's made an impression on her.

Meera, castigated by hardliners at home for purportedly kissing her hero Ashmit Patel in Nazar, has no problems conceding that an Indian hold a special place in her heart.

"Agar main imandari se kahoon to main Shah Rukh se ishq karti hoon. (To be honest, I am in love with Shah Rukh) I believe there's no one comparable to him in Bollywood. He is a true Badshah. I feel attracted by the energy that he exudes, his work and his dedication. I don't know why, but when I search deep within myself I find it is Shah Rukh who is really special to me," she says.

But with the superstar of Indian cinema a happily married man, Meera acknowledges she will have to look elsewhere to settle down.

"Shah Rukh is married. Although I still love him, I have to find a right match for me in India. My life partner must be tall, handsome, rich and as energetic as Shah Rukh. Religion is no bar for me. I am willing to face any challenge to marry an Indian man," she insists.

While Meera says that threats from certain conservative sections in Pakistan don't frighten her, she has no intention of going overboard in her quest for fame and fortune in Bollywood.

According to her: "People created a lot of confusion about my role in Nazar and the reaction in Pakistan was because of that. I have no problems wearing revealing outfits. In fact I feel uncomfortable if I am not wearing something revealing. So I am perfectly ok with ***y and glamorous roles. Come what may, I will continue to work in India. At the same time, let me make it clear that I don't want a wild image like the kind Mallika Sherawat has. I can't do such outrageous scenes and characters. I will do glamorous roles, but only within the limits of decency."
Posted 20 Aug 2005

Reply to Topic