Comparission of old and mod

3592 views 48 replies
Reply to Topic
javad

Total Posts: 14160

Asslam u alaium

i hv read lots of topic in this forum   

now im starting a new topic

tell me truly wt we r upto in this modren age??
now we hv so called awairness about sex and lot of other things, media is providing this but the ratio of sex crimes is raising yyyyyyyyyy
it means old dayz when v dont hv such awairness was good
rare casess of sex crime found in tht old age..
so this modrenisam,awairness is good or harmful for the young generation or society?????
Posted 06 Sep 2005

LiL_DollY says
Sensitive Topic
Many view points
Its all debatable
at the end
No Ones Right or
Wrong!
Posted 06 Sep 2005

nikama says
agree with Lil-Dolly,but I would also like to add here that in so called good ol'days,media was not so developed and powerfull and many cases went unreported.
Posted 06 Sep 2005

LiL_DollY says
Yes, thats very true about many cases going unreported. I totally agree with nikama.

As a Muslim women...I would simply wear appropraite clothing to prevent evil eyes from even looking towards me. Sometimes when you wear the wrong clothes you attract unwanted attnetion.

Other times it doesnt matter what you wear. It doesnt matter if you are a child or a young women. You know that most sexual abuse occurs from people you trust the most. Its usually a family member or a close family friend. Its really hard in our desi lifestyle to confront people when you are put in this situation. It effects the families respect/izaath and so on. Usually girls are just told to shut up and not say anything. And how abused women and children go on with their lives is even harder to explain.

I understand where you are coming from Javaid. Now a days people have more access to media through many different ways. They are learning about sex. Through interenet, television, magazines, commericial ads, music videos, songs...I mean you name it its there and its really disgusting.

I think young children should be educated about what is wrong and what is right...in general. Later, they should be explained to that no one can touch them in inappropriate ways. that their body is theres.

Another thing...this reminds me of. Well why is it okay for men to do wrongful things and be forgiven? Someone i Knew...the families had fixed their ristha. But, certain things led to end the ristha. The guy found out things he didnt like about the girl. And the girl found out the guy was browsing the internet looking at unappropraite stuff. yet when you young lady brought it to her elder in the family...he simply said tis ok...hes a boy. Now thats horrible. Whether we are men are women...it doesnt matter Allah Swt will reward us and punish us the same.

I think GOOD awareness is beneficial. I want to raise my children in an Islamic environment. I would teach them to dress appropriately. I would educate them about their body is theres and for no one else to touch them. And if someone does to tell mommy or daddy. This is very importnat. And when they reach teenage age...the sex is after marriage. I would try my best to be sure that my children are educated about what is right and wrong although our environment can be influencing sometimes. Inshallah all will be well.

All we can do is pray for the best for our Muslim communites and fmailies. And we can educate one another.
Posted 06 Sep 2005

Ashii says
who said pehle buraiyan nahi hoti thi ??

awareness is a state of mind
iss ka matlab sirf yeh nahi k aap kissi cheez k baare mei jante ho
matlab yeh bhi hai uss k faide/nuksan,, long/short term effects bhi jano aur samjho

i wont say anything abt MODERNISM
this word has no sense,, hamare han jo aurat parda na kare usse modern samjha jata hai,, chahe uss ki soch 17th century ki ho

changes hamaesha achai k liye honi chaiye
hamare han azadi to barh rahi hai par "awareness"
NAHHHHHHH,, a big NO
Posted 06 Sep 2005

Badal says
Modernism... modern means recent, present or up to date. what do mean by modernism here? Should i say it the recent or present (much degraded from the past) culture and social values of the west. Yes this is the meaning that our words & actions compel us to infer. So every one knows the harms and benefits of such moderism. Neither it is desireable nor it is beneficial. But still we want to be "modern", isnt it?.

Awareness... awareness to what? awareness to the goods and bads of deeds and actions, and our dignified relegious values... obviously it helps reduce the crime rate (any crime... why just sex in special??)

Media... what is its role in spreading awareness today? it makes us aware of whats happening in world of crime, old, new and advanced methods of doing crimes, how to escape safely from being caught etc (in this etc i include the half of the total internet media dedicated to sex only, as you mentioned it).

But obviously this is not the only cause of rising crime ratio.

SALL said:

who said pehle buraiyan nahi hoti thi ??

kisi nay bhi nahi kaha. sirf ye kaha hai kay ratio of crimes barh rahi hai, and it is a fact.

Posted 06 Sep 2005

LiL_DollY says
All people should gain knowledge about natural life, and religion. But, just because someone has knowledge does not label them bad or anything. What counts is the ATTENTION the person has.
Posted 07 Sep 2005

sara_kh says
agree with lil_dolly
its the media that is reporting things to us so we cant say that in olden days there were no crimes.
Where media in modern world is criticised on the same time ppl forget the advantagfes they have been grtting through it
Bad ppl are there in all times so u cant pick out which times were good
Posted 07 Sep 2005

javad says
well nice views

but tell me one thing wt is the difference between a child age 10 of 10years back and the childern we hv around now, they hv complete knowldg of SEX and other worst things,
thts y the aveg age of adultation is decreasing now a 10 , 11 years old gal is adult and boys are also same

problem is tht 4 to 5 years wt a child do in this period
where v thougt tht this is child wt he/she know buttt they nomore a child,
media is giving frastrtion in our children due to tht frastration v hv now such sex cases in our close relatives/frnds

Dolly i agree wid u v hv such difference tht boy can do everything but gal hv no right to even think abt tht...
u know 1 thing women are weakness of men
v always protect our weakness,

i wish Allah save our children
yaar these bad things v hv in our life becoz v left islam v r not following islam...
Posted 08 Sep 2005

sara_kh says
well its the parents fault that have given their children too much xposure to the media
but at the same time i also agree no matter how hard parents try when children goto school and spend 7-8 hours there...the company the get and the friends they have ruin their thinking..
Posted 08 Sep 2005

javad says
yes u r rite
Posted 09 Sep 2005

LiL_DollY says
javad said:

well nice views

but tell me one thing wt is the difference between a child age 10 of 10years back and the childern we hv around now, they hv complete knowldg of SEX and other worst things,
thts y the aveg age of adultation is decreasing now a 10 , 11 years old gal is adult and boys are also same

Okay so you are basically saying that at 11 years both boys and girls are adult. This is wrong. Maybe boys I don’t know. But, girls for sure do not reach the age of maturity until anywhere from 9-18. All Women are different. You can read up on it if you want because I don’t know how much I can say here on jb.
     I understand that you noticed that there is a difference in children at age 10 today than other 10 year old children many years before. Every generation is different. Times change and people change and we have to keep up with it.

problem is tht 4 to 5 years wt a child do in this period
where v thougt tht this is child wt he/she know buttt they nomore a child,
media is giving frastrtion in our children due to tht frastration v hv now such sex cases in our close relatives/frnds
      My question to you is…How do you think that the media is influencing our children? What is the media showing to our children that is making them frusterated?
     Im really interested in knowing what you really mean so I can give you the right answer. I wanna tell you my opnion and what I think.

Dolly i agree wid u v hv such difference tht boy can do everything but gal hv no right to even think abt tht...
u know 1 thing women are weakness of men
v always protect our weakness,
that’s not always true…

i wish Allah save our children
yaar these bad things v hv in our life becoz v left islam v r not following islam...

NO, its not true. These bad things will happen even if I were a practicing Muslim or not. It’s society.
Heres my personal opinion. In grade school children are taught about how boys change to men and how girls change to women. And its important because around that age is when most children begin to mature. When I was in 16/17 in health class that’s when I LEARNED about sex education. But, that does not make me bad. Its natural, it’s how Muslims get married and have children. Now, I also have Islamic knowledge and was raised in a strict family. I have my views on this. And it may be different than yours.
     Like I said before everyone has their won opinions. It depends on where you are from, and how you were raised. What experiences you have faced in life and what you believe is right or wrong.
     Interesting topic.

Posted 09 Sep 2005

LiL_DollY says
sara_kh said:

well its the parents fault that have given their children too much xposure to the media
but at the same time i also agree no matter how hard parents try when children goto school and spend 7-8 hours there...the company the get and the friends they have ruin their thinking..

Its Society...by society it means the music, the fashion, the people, the students, peers, friends, cousins, and maybe family also.

When I was teaching about two years ago in a school-age childcare program I remember this five year old girl. And she was doing weird things. Like, on the playground she would run around and chase boys...(this is normal)..but, she would also put her arm arouns guys and talk like shes flirting. One time she pulled her pants down<---Now that part was extreme. And we were wondering what was going on at home. Maybe she's watching something or listening to something shes not suppose to be listening to.

Other times which most people dont know about. When young children act out such behaviors it could mean that someone has been touching them in apporpriately and they are little they dont know if its right or wrong. And you need to find out and report it. Its the law here in California that if a teacher suspects child abuse they have to report it. Its serious...teachers can get in real trouble if they dont.

If you watch children when they are playing in the PLAYHOUSE. And acting to be mom, dad, sister, brother uncle. If they have been abused they may act it out somehow. If you watch them carefully. Also children sometimes when they draw pictures they may be telling you a story or reaching out for help.

Children are innocent. Adults know what they are doing.
THis is so true!
Posted 09 Sep 2005

javad says
dear but it shuld remove frm muslim society
bc our new generation will be useless for nation for our countries
Posted 12 Sep 2005

red rose says
kyu bhai new generation sey itni doshmani
Posted 12 Sep 2005

Awareness and information doesn't corrupt people's behavior. It may improve and correct behaviors instead. My friends, many a times we talk about education and we leave out its most important component, training - when education is ingrained, and lessons are learned in its true sense, and when behaviors are altered by it.

It is this training that keeps checks on motives in actions. Its the training of mind and heart. Allah SWT sent the teacher with the book to teach knowlege to people. But before He made him a teacher, He mad him "...to recite and bring messege of God Almighty to you, and to train (purify the inner side of) you, and teach you the book..." thus, mere information is not enough to curb menace from the society, it is to commit people to this education.
Posted 13 Sep 2005

javad says
yes dear but wt u think wt type of teachers and students v hv now?
Posted 13 Sep 2005

honestly, they are better, actually much better than pre-Islamic Arabs.

I believe in goodness; hope and search for it.
Posted 13 Sep 2005

ashkhan says
This is a very interesting topic, however also very broad too. any how, i think being a muslim somewhat strict brought up in uk, i have been taught human biology in school at the age of 15+ in a co-education environment. that has made me realise the seriousness of the act. i have no curiosities about the subject. whereas as far as i know in pakistan it is much of a hush...hush situation, majority of ppl are illiterate. When they get to a sexually active puberty age they become frustrated with unanswered questions so i suppose they have to experience it them selves and relate to crime. my parents r pakistani born bred muslims who actually encouraged us to learn. according to our prophet agar insan ko education kay liye china jana ho to jaye. education hasil karnay mein aur us kay ulta matlab lein nay farak hai.
I dont necessarily think it is directly the fault of the modern zamana, but more of the exposure of media to our children and teens. parents should have control over the content their children are seeing. when we were young we werent allowed to even touch the tv let alone the remote. nowadays, children have cable tv with paperview etc... and they are freely flick through channels.
boys r kept seperate from the girls is another factor. decency ki had tak larkay aur larki ko bat chit karnay koi harj nahi, sab kay satth ta kay un mein confidence aai kay koi hawa nahi.
Posted 14 Sep 2005

ashkhan says
so thata boy and girl are aware of each other rather than curious. there was a pope caught with child P**N, according to him it was out of curiosity.
Our religeon is so broad that it even discusses these things in its hadees and verses.
Posted 14 Sep 2005

BadShaH1 says
Its the Information age.
Too much knowledge paralyzis us.

Simply i think more population and globalization has caused such things. IT happened in the old ages too , but simply didnt know abt it.
Posted 14 Sep 2005

ashkhan says
yes but too little knowledge makes us jahil, hence the coming of the prophets at the times of jahalat amongst the arabs. prophets were educators.
Posted 14 Sep 2005

Information is a tool - if you don't know how to use it or what to do with it, its worthless.
Posted 14 Sep 2005

LiL_DollY says
Smooth_daddy said:

Awareness and information doesn't corrupt people's behavior. It may improve and correct behaviors instead. My friends, many a times we talk about education and we leave out its most important component, training - when education is ingrained, and lessons are learned in its true sense, and when behaviors are altered by it.

It is this training that keeps checks on motives in actions. Its the training of mind and heart. Allah SWT sent the teacher with the book to teach knowlege to people. But before He made him a teacher, He mad him "...to recite and bring messege of God Almighty to you, and to train (purify the inner side of) you, and teach you the book..." thus, mere information is not enough to curb menace from the society, it is to commit people to this education.

sighing....
Finally Bro
Posted 14 Sep 2005

LiL_DollY says
Smooth_daddy said:

Information is a tool - if you don't know how to use it or what to do with it, its worthless.

true
Posted 14 Sep 2005

LiL_DollY says
I think some of us went off topic. Because this topic of old and modern...
raised other dillemas facing us today as well.
All the other topics we mentioned branch off from the main topic in some way.

Posted 14 Sep 2005

May Allah bless us with right understanding and wisdom.
"He grants Hikmah (wisdom)to whom He wills; and he to whom wisdom is granted receives indeed a benefit overflowing; But none remember (will receive admonition) except men of understanding." Al-Baqarah: 169. Means, "Those who will benefit from the advice are those who have sound minds and good comprehension with which they understand the words (of advice and reminder) and their implications.''". - Tafsir Ibn-Kathir
Posted 14 Sep 2005

ashkhan says
I agree with u smooth daddy. and lil dolly perhaps this forum has gone of track but i think in order to compare the old and modern values we also have to deeply consider the factors that have made the trasition. It doesnt nessasirly rely on edjucation but also human, social and cultural values that have changed. our country is mashallah filled with values that the western world doesnt have, but that still is not to say that we are the best. we as a nation with great ptential to be the best. and the only way forward is if we rather than being negative about either the past or present we take along what has both eras have taught us, what we have learned from our mistakes, to become truly modern. modern doesnt mean nudity etc.. but it is making a statement. so we as people should make a statement of being true pakistanis with values to suceed in life and life after.
Posted 14 Sep 2005

LiL_DollY says
ashkhan

smooth bro
Posted 16 Sep 2005

ashkhan says
thanks sis but im a sis too
Posted 16 Sep 2005

ashkhan says
Posted 16 Sep 2005

Reply to Topic