Young women of colour navigate the risky world of forex trading

4585 views 47 replies
Reply to Topic
wisepowder

Total Posts: 0

For 21-year-old Lina Khalid, it‘s her grandmother’s dream of visiting Mecca that drives her while trading currency.To get more news about WikiFX, you can visit wikifx.com official website.
“I‘m gonna do it. Even if I have days where I’m not going to sleep, Im gonna do it,” she says. A car for herself, some Air Jordans for her
sister and being able to spoil her mum would also be nice, she adds.
The Wolf of Wall Street is what comes to mind for most people when thinking of the world of high-stakes finance, but Khalid, who works as a
dental nurse, says she is one of a growing number of young women of
colour who have taken up foreign exchange (forex) trading during
lockdown, whilst remaining conscious of the risks.
The risks are significant and have led many to advise young people against taking part in currency trading, one of the riskiest form of
trading there is. While traders who work in banks work with other
peoples money, those who do it at home take a huge gamble with their own
– and risk losing their life savings.
Khalid and 20-year-old Cheila Gongo Balde, who took up currency trading after she was furloughed, feature in a Channel 4 online short
called The Wolf of High Street, along with two other women. The short
film follows the group as they navigate the risky world of forex
trading, while supporting each other in group chats, sharing tips and
advice.
The film explores how social media, including YouTube, Instagram, Snapchat and TikTok, has introduced a new generation to trading.
Technology has simplified the process: people can now download an app
and start trading from their phones.
Ayo Akinwolere, a broadcaster who co-owns Milk First, the production company behind the short film, with Alex Thomas, says they
were keen to capture both the highs and lows of this industry. He
describes the women as being part of a growing trend among young people
to find “side hustles” to survive in the cities they have grown up in.
“Whats important … is that we tell an authentic story about the people we were talking to. These are all young women that grew up in
areas like the ones me and Alex grew up in,” he says.
Kia Commodore, the 22-year-old founder of Pennies to Pounds, a financial literacy platform created to demystify the world of finance
for young people, agrees there has been an explosion of interest in
finance. As well as trading, many are also keen to learn more about
investing since the country first went into coronavirus
lockdown.Commodore says those interested fall into two camps. “There‘s
people who during the pandemic have lost jobs or income. They have to
tighten their belts and try to get through this period as best as they
can. Then there’s some people who have been unfazed by this or even
managed to get salary increases in this time. As they‘re not travelling
to the office any more, they’ve cut down on costs and there is this
extra pool of money.”
Before lockdown, Pennies to Pounds had 4,000 followers across its social media accounts. It now has almost 10,000 followers on Twitter and
20,000 on Instagram, as well as a podcast. People come seeking advice
on pensions, mortgages and credit cards.
While Commodore has welcomed the increased interest, she stresses there is an important difference between trading and investing, and
wants young people to focus on the latter. “We‘re not looking to make a
return in the next half hour, we’re looking to make a return in the next
five years.”
The women in the film speak openly about the predatory undercurrent driving the increased interest in forex trading. The Financial Conduct
Authority has warned people are increasingly being targeted by
“unauthorised forex trading and brokerage firms offering the chance to
trade in foreign exchange, contracts for difference, binary options,
crypto-assets and other commodities” and offering “very high returns and
guaranteed profits”.
Posted 18 Mar 2021

Edisons says
Choosing a Proprietary best prop trading firms  is never easy, especially for beginners. You want to get the most for your money and also matches your needs. The easiest way to do this is by comparing the table below. This will make you much easier, especially when searching online which overwhelms with so many results! We’ve compiled a quick-easy comparison of some of the best remote prop trading firms to help you choose be it forex, stocks or futures. They offer funded trading account from little as $10k to all the way up $1M and
Posted 20 Oct 2021

semuu says
best and free live tv for android and pc thoptv tv
Online TV App Oreo TV App?
Posted 20 Oct 2021

I really loved reading your blog. It was very well authored and easy to understand. Unlike other blogs I have read which are really not that good.Thanks alot! Clothing Business Online
Posted 23 Oct 2021

Great articles and great layout. Your blog post deserves all of the positive feedback it’s been getting. my boots
Posted 06 Nov 2021

Superior post, keep up with this exceptional work. It's nice to know that this topic is being also covered on this web site so cheers for taking the time to discuss this! Thanks again and again! Home depot health check
Posted 15 Nov 2021

t is a fantastic post – immense clear and easy to understand. I am also holding out for the sharks too that made me laugh. fs22 mods
Posted 27 Nov 2021

What a fantabulous post this has been. Never seen this kind of useful post. I am grateful to you and expect more number of posts like these. Thank you very much. ???
Posted 13 Dec 2021

Wow, excellent post. I'd like to draft like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article. This post has encouraged me to write some posts that I am going to write soon. pgslot
Posted 14 Dec 2021

i am for the first time here. I found this board and I in finding It truly helpful & it helped me out a lot. I hope to present something back and help others such as you helped me. https://Cerave.co.th
Posted 23 Dec 2021

ella35208 says
hbomax.com/tvsignin - HBO Max streaming services are available now in the US and a few US territories. The streaming service provider is accessible on PlayStation 4 and other devices via an update to Hhbo max/tv sign inNow. HBO Now app. However, there are many users complaining that they are not able to access hbo max/tv sign in Now for free through their cable subscription while using the details of their TV provider. However, they can sign into the streaming services via the AT&T-owned hbo max tv sign in webpage.

What exactly is Hbomax?

Hbomax is the preferred stage for the majority of people to watch video in the present day. If you're looking to view educational tutorials, movies or web shows, Hhbomax com tvsigninis the best choice, and consequently, it's the most popular video streaming platform and also the most accurate website to date. You can also watch hbo max/tv sign in ?on any mobile phone provided it has video support and a web connection similar to computers with a web browser and internet connection. The ability to watch Hbomax on television is a different way to enjoy.hbomax.tvsignin for smart TVs is a treat to everyone.

How do I sign up for an account with HBOmax using hbomax.com/tvsignin

• Sign-Up at hhbo max login
• Enter your email address and your password.
• Complete the gaps to Re-typing Password as well as Username.
• Choose your country of residence from the drop-down menu for Location.
• Enter the zip code of your city. hbomax.com/tvsignin
• Choose your gender and the your date of birth, by pressing.
• Within the Word Verification Field, type the characters (letters and numbers) in the color box.
• Uncheck or check the box that has an odd name If you have an email account with me, please inform people know how they can connect to my hbomax/tvsignin channel.
• After you have read the legalese, go to for the Terms of Use and privacy policy box.
• Create a new ahbomax.com tvsignin account by pressing on the Create My Account option

Posted 23 Dec 2021

I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. Funding For Business
Posted 27 Dec 2021

This is such a great resource that you are providing and you give it away for free. I love seeing blog that understand the value of providing a quality resource for free. slotxo ????? ??? 20 ??? 100????? ???? ????? xo
Posted 02 Jan 2022

Great article with excellent idea!Thank you for such a valuable article. I really appreciate for this great information.. ?????888
Posted 05 Jan 2022

geebranzyy says
Posted 07 Jan 2022

geebranzyy says
Posted 07 Jan 2022

I am very much pleased with the contents you have mentioned. I wanted to thank you for this great article. small business consulting
Posted 12 Jan 2022

Thanks for sharing nice information with us. i like your post and all you share with us is uptodate and quite informative, i would like to bookmark the page so i can come here again to read you, as you have done a wonderful job. pokerdewa
Posted 20 Jan 2022

Reply to Topic