Boy Scouts of America looks to bankruptcy as membership falls, lawsuits mount

663 views 4 replies
Reply to Topic
GroovEye

Total Posts: 188

The Boy Scouts of America is considering filing for bankruptcy protection as it faces declining membership and rising legal costs related to lawsuits over how it handled sexual assault allegations.

Leaders of the Boy Scouts, one of the nation's largest youth organizations, have hired the law firm Sidley Austin LLP to help with a possible chapter 11 bankruptcy, according to people familiar with the matter.

Founded in 1910, the Boy Scouts of America claims that more than 110 million people have participated in its educational programs that promote outdoor skills, character building, and leadership.

The Boy Scouts has been at the center of sexual abuse scandals in the past, and the organization has faced a number of lawsuits alleging inappropriate behavior by employees or volunteers in incidents dating back to the 1960s. Filing for bankruptcy will stop the lawsuit and give the nonprofit the opportunity to negotiate with the victims who filed the lawsuit.

Posted 20 Apr 2021

avalonstar says
Wow, I really didn't know about this. Thank you so much for the information . Informed means armed ! :)
Posted 20 Apr 2021

Brigantin says
Unexpectedly! I didn't think it really happened. It's strange that I only found out about it now because I worked with different firms for some time and you seem familiar to me. That company seemed very stable to me, but life spares no one, and in the life of every company can come a period of bankruptcy, due to which the employees leave, for which it will be forced to stop its activities. The company I worked for also closed after the business started, and I took out a considerable amount of loans to survive. I turned to td {border: 1px solid #ccc;}br {mso-data-placement:samehttps://www.bankruptcyattorneys.org for help to get the creditors to stop imposing on me and start a new life.
Posted 20 Apr 2021

salihajk98 says
Take the drawing of the curbstone (or draw it according tothe existing copy), combine it with the pipe diagram. Click here ptcl speed test for check your internet speed test. Yousolve the conflict by cutting out non-power elements, shifting power elements,
re-laying the pipe route.
In general, your task is typical. Without adrawing, the conversation is meaningless.
Posted 20 May 2021

My wife and I have two children, it's sad we had to disperse, under some circumstances, lawyers in one office helped me in this not a simple matter, here they will also help you in any matter related to the law and not only. Everything is shown in practice professionally.
Posted 23 May 2021

Reply to Topic