whoez goin to OSCARS 2006???- PAHELI!

1677 views 26 replies
Reply to Topic
Bush_Blasta

Total Posts: 2890

yoo, this was so surprising to me! i actually thought no film this year would go to the oscars, n if so, then Black or Swades. but paheli came out of no where!
but i feel good for SRK

Shah Rukh thanks 'Paheli' director
By Manissha Despaande and Nitin Sethi, Mumbai : While there have been mixed reactions to Shah Rukh Khan's "Paheli" being chosen as India's official entry for the Oscars, the superstar has himself admitted in an SMS sent to director Ashok Pandit that it never crossed his mind that the film would indeed make it.

The down-to-earth and honest person that he always is, Shah Rukh was quick to thank Pandit when the latter sent him a congratulatory message, reports Bollywood Trade.

Here is what he replied in his characteristic humility. "Thank you. When unexpected things happen, they make you either sad or happy. I am glad I am on the happier side this time."

Says Pandit who has always had a great regard for Shah Rukh's style of acting (he has been pursuing SRK's career from his early television days), "It is a reflection of his greatness. It is a true feeling which he took time off to express and I feel honoured about it."

Posted 02 Oct 2005

Reply to Topic