Dentist after radiation?

492 views 4 replies
Reply to Topic
GroovEye

Total Posts: 188

I had 6 1/2 weeks of radiation. surgery and chemotherapy in 2011.  I
they had teeth extracted in 2016 and had 30 hyperbaric oxygen treatments
for
extractions; to help heal bones.  Now it's April 2018 and I have more dental problems.  We also reduced saliva production.
I now live in Killeen, Texas and wonder if there are dentists who specialize in patients who have had oral cancer (the basis of the tongue and
lymph nodes)?
I've heard a lot of conflicting things.  Can someone give me advice?  I wish I could have dentures.
Posted 24 May 2021

KeviTireso says
I would advise against it.
Posted 24 May 2021

SamyBlond says
I hope you are doing well and you'll manage to win your battle with cancer. I'm sure you will. Usually, doctors recommend radiation therapy only if they think that it will destroy the oral cancer tumor and enable the preservation of chewing, swallowing, and speaking function. Since I'm not a doctor, I find it difficult to give you any advice on how to deal with this. You should check jeffreygrossdds.com. Their dentist is one of the best in Eastlake Ohio and I think he will do a great job for you.
Posted 24 May 2021

bnewconte says
approaches to remain productive and strain-unfastened in the course of this confusing time.
finding the right skills to your startup might be easier with those proven hiring guidelines.
virtual phone
Posted 27 May 2021

Sky1212 says
Thisis sad to hear. I know you must be having a really hard time. I hope you will
be able to find a good dentist so you can be treated well and nicely soon. Fpr
the meantime, while you wait, I hope playing games like my town: home download
and https://games.lol/junes-journey-hidden-objects/ can help you feel at ease a little. Everything will certainly be okay soon. Just don’t lose hope and believe that you’ll eventually find the right dentist
that can help you. 
Posted 16 Jun 2021

Reply to Topic