Snowblower Maintenance Saved My Air Conditioner

515 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
GroovEye

Total Posts: 189

I went by my devoted shed. I also use the shed to hang my longer metal stock from the roof. I was looking at the Honda HSS724ACTD and HS720CC and thinking What I need to do to prepare for the season. Last year I was debating whether to sell two stage 724 this spring, but now I'm glad I didn't.

While looking at my ladies, I heard the Lennox air conditioner making a strange sound. Entered the House: blower in the oven OK. The evaporator coil is not frozen, but only the warm air in the register. When I pedaled the unit on and off I noticed the condenser fan was not spinning, but it would rotate if kick-started.

I went to the local parts dealer and got new start / run capacitor for $54. Running like a dream now.

Years ago, my neighbor had a similar problem, but he did not address it soon enough. Thermal overload eventually failed in the compressor and cost it almost dolari 2000 for repairs.

I am sure that in the second day or two I would have noticed the temperature of the House does not fall and investigated. But catching so quickly can be helped.

Posted 28 May 2021

Inespolo says
Before performing maintenance, cleaning, repairs, or inspection on a snowblower, disengage all control levers, stop the engine and wait for the moving parts to stop completely. If the model has a key, remove it. On a gasoline-powered model, disconnect the spark plug ignition wire, grounding it against the engine. Disconnect an electric model from the power source. Follow any pre-maintenance instructions the manufacturer specifies, including those for the use of protective gear while performing the work. Maintenance may differ, depending on your snowblower model.
Posted 31 May 2021

Reply to Topic