Family financial help

508 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
GroovEye

Total Posts: 188

Apologies in advance for scant information, and this not being a landlord related request!

Sister has got herself into deep doodoo financialy, and has incurred a massive amount of debt.
She cannot access any of the better deals for credit on the market, as her credit rating is shot to hell - other family members have given her money to pay off most pressing CC debts to basically stop her going bankrupt.

I have 4 rental properties, 2 with BTL mortgages totalling about £140K. (I also have savings to pay these off in cash - just pointless at the moment because rates are so low).
Properties are owned jointly with my DH, including our own home.
The 2 mortgaged properties are due out of the fixed discount period in August of this year, so currently looking at options, plenty of equity inl properties.

Single sister has mortgage on her home (remortgaged to the hilt) with Coventry BS, and cannot access a better deal, as she missed 2 payments last year, and has taken advantage of a 3 month "mortgage holiday" every year.
I am wondering if we added my name to her residential mortgage, my impeccable credit rating may help her access a better deal, as she currently paying out over £1K of her salary each month just to pay the mortgage, and I can comfortably afford it.

I am aware that this will throw up other issues,(for both of us), but at the moment, just looking at reducing outgoing costs to lesson the interest accruing to the already substatial debt.
Sister has a good job, and earns about £70K pa working in food manufacture/production, as safe as any occupation is at this time.

Is this a potential solution to help her?.(Otherther family member has taken control of her finances and has access to her bank account so can monitor her outgoings).

Advice welcome.

Meg.

Posted 04 Jun 2021

SamyBlond says
I tried the new project on family finance and was satisfied. This project helps new families a lot in the financial field. I did a few hours on the Internet on the financial coach platform. I learned some beneficial things about financial education. Even with the help of an online watch, I make a lot of banal mistakes that significantly affect my finances. Recently I have been looking for a forum https://wealthtender.com/insights/money-management/what-is-a-financial-coach/ where I could find tips on this complex topic, but I can't find help in this domain in the discussions that I have logged in to. Maybe someone can help me with some advice in this area.
Posted 04 Jun 2021

I was just browsing through the internet looking for some information and came across your blog. I am impressed by the information that you have on this blog. It shows how well you understand this subject. Bookmarked this page, will come back for more.

Professional Homework Service

Posted 04 Jun 2021

Reply to Topic