Variations for Concert Ukulele (Gotharman Granular Island Vibes)

790 views 3 replies
Reply to Topic
GroovEye

Total Posts: 188

his time the goal was to take the SpazeDrum Blue, Little deFormer 3 and anAmoNo X and make music using only samples from my trusty Luna Concert Ukulele.
So even kick drums and snares were assembled and deformed from those
sounds, taking advantage of the array of bold Gotharman effects and
modulation possibilities available in those machines. Only one
non-Ukulele sample has slipped into the album. I’m sure it’s easy to
spot.

Apart from the “Modular Minute” tracks #3 and #9, which were created on
the anAmoNo X modular synth, all tracks started out as
internally-sequenced SpazeDrum Blue performances, to which I then added
sounds from the Little deFormer 3, either sequenced internally as well
or played with a MIDI keyboard. Track #5 was made with the SpazeDruzm
Blue only.

Let me know if you have any questions about the workflow or the devices. Thanks for listening

Posted 08 Jul 2021

I am fascinated by ukulele music and have long dreamed of going to a concert with an orchestra consisting of a ukulele, mandolin, and banjo. It seems to me that this type of music has something mystical in its performance. I find an exciting idea with the iPad probably amplifying the many colors of the sound. Do you have a diagram on paper to post for more clarity? I have an old ukulele that didn't tune correctly, and I could probably fix it by tightening the screws on the adjustment ends a bit. Another reason may be that they did not set the lines correctly.
Posted 08 Jul 2021

Ferporary says
The sound of waves crashing against the shore, warm sand between your toes, palm trees swaying in the breeze, and a tropical drink in your hand... what's not to love about ??? ?? island life? Whether you're lounging on a beach chair or diving into crystal-clear waters, there's something about island vibes that just makes everything feel better.
Posted 25 Apr 2023

Ferporary says

Reply to Topic