MEHREM....NAMEHREM?

2733 views 42 replies
Reply to Topic
nikama

Total Posts: 3660

i did not want to ask this but since i could not find the answer on my own,i seek your help specially badal and s.d.and all...we all know who r mehrems and who r namehrems but how should we treat namehrems?i mean the societies all around the world r getting more and more liberal and free.everyday we have to deal with so many namehrems,regardless of who we r and what we do.so what exactly r the orders of sharia regarding this?in what manner should we talk to them,can we sit with them in offices,transports etc.can we have lunch with them.can we talk to them on internet where we cant see them.etc.etc.
Posted 12 Nov 2005

Ashii says
hmm....
its clearly said in surah Noor i think
abhi exact ayat nahi pata mujhe,, i can search if u want
im sure Z or SD know better than me

mehram aurat aur mard dono k hote hein,, last time i asked that question to a friend who is Masha Allah vv religious and he is agains working women coz he said majboori k bager namehram k saath baat karna, uss k samne jana galt hai,,
and i said tumhare office mei bhi to larkiyan kaam karti hein, jinn se tum baat bhi karte ho aur samne bhi jate ho,, unn ki taraf dekhte bhi ho aur jo k tumhare liye na-mehram hein
hmmm... answer yahan batane ki kya zaroorat hai, u can imagine

hmm,, i think i-net or phone or samne jana takreeban aik hi baat hai,, when u chat someone on messenger to its like tum uss shaks se akele mei baat kar rahe ho
same goes for phone calls
Posted 12 Nov 2005

new_beau says
hmm...Let me think First...Then I will try to say something
Posted 12 Nov 2005

nikama says
so,we all r sinners
Posted 14 Nov 2005

I praise Allah and thank him for blessing us with the religion of Islam. I ask Allah to grant me correct understanding of this deen.

Islam teaches us etiquettes of dealing with Namehrams.
1. Allah is watching us all the time. If there are two people, allah is the third. if there are three people, Allah is the fourth...
2. He knows what's in the heart and mind. He will take account of that too.
3. Prophet SAW prohibited non-mehram man and woman (boy and girl) to meet in seclusion. Be it in a room, house, office, car, cafe, college, on the phone or even internet; secluded meetings are prohibited. This is becuause, as Prophet saw said, shaitan is their company.
4. Vain talk between non-mehrams are prohibited, because it leads to soft feelings for the other.
5. For education purposes, student may contact teacher but it must be within the purpose of education. This is because, wives of the prophet used to teach and answer questions of sahaba and tabaeen from behind the curtains (ruling in surat Ahzab).

there's a lot of info about this topic but that's the gist of it.
Posted 21 Nov 2005

Ashii says

a normal, simple converstaion is allowed or not ??
Posted 22 Nov 2005

I hate to be hair splitter but definition of narmal is different for different people. So please define whats normal for you.
Posted 23 Nov 2005

Ashii says
like my posts
Posted 24 Nov 2005

nikama says
from what s.d has told us,i think that all unnecessary conevrsation is not allowed,because if its normal today,who knows when it gets otherwise.so WE ALL R SINNERS
Posted 25 Nov 2005

Ashii says
nikammmaaa
darao to nahi
Posted 25 Nov 2005

nikama says
baat he to darne ki hi.but ye bhi to he na k ALLAH hamari niyyat se to waqif he.shaid shak ka faida de ker bari ker de
Posted 25 Nov 2005

SALL said:

like my posts

your posts in serious and religion forums!

They are fine.
Posted 28 Nov 2005

Niyat and amal must compliment each other. One can not steal or rob any one for the intention of feeding the poor or clothing the orphans...
Posted 28 Nov 2005

nikama says
correct...so we all r...
Posted 28 Nov 2005

may Allah forgive us and protect us from sins. i try to avoid vain talk, especially of what benefits none.
Posted 29 Nov 2005

nikama says
i will try that in future,INSHALLAH but its really difficult yaar in a society like ours now
Posted 29 Nov 2005

I know but its not impossible. Allah's messenger gauranteed protection from fire for those who gaurd their tongue and their chastity from any shortcoming.
Posted 29 Nov 2005

nikama says
yes,one thing that i feel is that we, me included, tend to b choosy abt religion,while we should take it as a whole,atleast we should accept is as a whole.ALLAH hamain deen per poori tarah amal ki tofeeq ata farmay.aameeeeen
Posted 29 Nov 2005

Doctor Sam says
Well.. a simple thing i want to say is..

ISLAM just aik religion nahi hey, ye aik ZABTA-E-HAYAT hey..

for our whole life, for every aspect, for every step..

Bohat c baton per shayad hum poori tarah amal nahi kar saktay, lekin v must try jahan tak mumkin ho sakay...

Posted 29 Nov 2005

nikama says
exactly,if we take it as a complete way of life,then i think hamari halat sudhar sakti he.but i would also like to add that individually no matter how much we try,we cant act completely on religion,unless the state is also islamic in true essence.individually hum sab itnay bigar chuke hain k i think jab tak hamain ijtimai tor per theek nahin kia jata we cant b true muslims.thats what i think
Posted 29 Nov 2005

Dr. Sam
Nikama, I don't disagree with you, howeva, our delima is "nifaq" - munafiqat.

We want to judge others by their actions and standards of Islam but we like to be judged by our intentions and norms of the society and culture.
Posted 30 Nov 2005

nikama says
yes,s.d,its sad but true
Posted 03 Dec 2005

muslim says
so do u think dat parda is wajib to nameharms or not
Posted 13 Dec 2005

nikama says
perda is wajib
Posted 13 Dec 2005

muslim says
tnx 4 ur comment nkm

any female plz comment 2
Posted 14 Dec 2005

nikama says
females yahan ati hi kum kum hain
Posted 15 Dec 2005

muslim says
Posted 16 Dec 2005

madgirl says
hi me female...........
sab se pehle mai apne baare mai batana chaahoongi k im 16 years old,or mai abhi 11 mai hoo,parda ka jaha tak taaluq hai to mai complete parda to nahi karti lakin jitna islaam mai farz hai wo karti hoo,jesa k mai jab bahar jaati hoo to apna dopatta is tara baandh leti hoo jesa k namaz mai baandhte hai,is tara mere saare baal chhup jaate hai,or is k ilawa mai is baat ka bhi khayal karti hoo k mai bahar jaarahi hoo to libaas tang or chust na pahnoo.........
Posted 29 Dec 2005

nikama says
well,thats gud mad girl
Posted 29 Dec 2005

b-razi says
it's hard when your living in a foreign country what can you do then?
Posted 29 Dec 2005

nikama says
there are thousands dear who live in forign countries and still observe hijab.ALLAH is the most mercifull,HE does not ask us to do something that is beyond our capacity
Posted 29 Dec 2005

Reply to Topic