Legislation To Cancel Rent, Mortgage Payments During Pandemic

3091 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
silvialong

Total Posts: 0

Sounds like a good idea but we all know Congress with fuck around for months before getting to this and in the process, fuck over bazillions
of Americans who will be out on the streets.

Also, there is no need for the government to pick up the check for EVERY American’s
mortgage or rent, otherwise we’ll be paying for Jeff Bezos’ dozen
mansions.

And I wouldn’t be surprised if there’s some kinda bullshit hidden forced buy-out clause in this bill, requiring landlords
to sell their properties, which only guarantees the Reps won’t vote for
this and we’re back to fucking over bazillions of Americans…

Posted 11 Oct 2021

christense says
Yes, that's totally true! All the homeowners who received a mortgage forbearance during the Covid pandemic were not required to repay their paused payments in a massive sum once that period ended. I can confirm since I am one of these homeowners. If you're unsure what forbearance means, well, it's when your mortgage servicer allows you to pause your payments for a limited time while you build back your finances. Since everyone's lives were put on pause during the quarantine, it was the best thing to do. During that time, I reached out to https://www.boutiquehomeplans.com/post/how-to-finance-your-new-home-construction-in-2026, and they offered me all the help needed.
Posted 11 Oct 2021

Reply to Topic