Changing or resetting your Microsoft account password doesn't have to be a traumatic experience. You can create a new password with Microsoft Outlook Password reset not working feature and quickly be on your way.
Whether you want to change your current password to make it more secure, or need to reset a forgotten Microsoft account password, we'll walk you through the steps.
1. Click File > Info > Account Settings > Manage Profiles to open the Mail Settings dialog. Then click on Email Accounts.
2. In the Account Settings dialog box, click to highlight the email account whose login password you will update, and then click the Change button. See screenshot:
3. In the Change Account dialog box, clear the old password from the Password box, type the new login password, and click the Next button.
4. Now the Test Account Settings dialog box appears. After the test is complete, click the Close button.
5. Click the Finish button to save the new password, and then close the Account Settings dialog.