Carl Nassib's replica jersey

161 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
freeamfva

Total Posts: 0

Demand for Las Vegas Raiders defensive end Carl Nassib's replica jersey has soared in the days since he became the first active NFL player to come out as gay.To get more news about wholesale football jerseys, you can visit custom-nfljersey.com official website.

Fanatics, a sports apparel website and NFL partner, announced that Nassib's No. 94 was its top-selling replica jersey across Monday and Tuesday in the hours after Nassib came out on Instagram. Specific sales figures were not revealed, but prices for Nassib replica jerseys range between around $120 and $370 on the Fanatics website.

In addition to fan support, Nassib and transgender Japanese soccer player Kumi Yokoyama both got a shoutout from President Joe Biden on Tuesday.Fanatics, a sports apparel website and NFL partner, announced that Nassib's No. 94 was its top-selling replica jersey across Monday and Tuesday in the hours after Nassib came out on Instagram. Specific sales figures were not revealed, but prices for Nassib replica jerseys range between around $120 and $370 on the Fanatics website

In addition to fan support, Nassib and transgender Japanese soccer player Kumi Yokoyama both got a shoutout from President Joe Biden on Tuesday

'To Carl Nassib and Kumi Yokoyama - two prominent, inspiring athletes who came out this week: I'm so proud of your courage,' Biden tweeted. 'Because of you, countless kids around the world are seeing themselves in a new light today.'

Describing himself as a 'private person' in his Instagram video, Nassib said one of his reasons for coming out publicly was because he thinks 'representation and visibility are so important.' He also donated $100,000 to the Trevor Project, a charity that focuses on preventing suicide among LGBTQ youth.

'I actually hope that one day videos like this and the whole coming out process are just not necessary,' he said in his video. 'Until then, I am going to do my best and do my part to cultivate a culture that is accepting and compassionate.'

When the Brooklyn Nets signed free agent Jason Collins in 2014, making him the NBA's first openly gay player, the seven-foot center's No. 98 jersey instantly became the top seller on the league website and Fifth Avenue store in New York. Collins initially wore No. 46 with Brooklyn before switching to No. 98 — a nod to Matthew Shepard, a gay college student who was beaten to death in Wyoming in 1998.

Collins, who played 12 NBA seasons before coming out of the closet as a free agent in 2013, congratulated Nassib on Twitter following his announcement: 'Very proud of Carl Nassib! Incredibly happy for him and can't wait to watch him play this upcoming season!'

'I have often said I love my teammates. I mean it,' Carr told reporters, as quoted by ESPN. 'We always say we are a family in that Raider locker room, and we mean that too. I want to win a championship here with Carl and the rest of our teammates.'

Posted 19 Apr 2022

Reply to Topic