only for WOL

1463 views 7 replies
Reply to Topic
Bazigaar

Total Posts: 40761

i have a small concern...

rule # 11 states:

11.) Only topic about big events, current afairs, birthdays, showing a member's talent (knowldge base/sharing/poetry) etc will be allowed to be sticked! (send a request to Admins/Mods)

Birthday topics will be sticked up for only 3 days.
Knowldge base/sharing/poetry topics will be sticked up for 5 days untill unless they r not updated!
All other topics will be stickied up for 7 days maximum.

http://www.janubaba.com/wforum/forum_posts.asp?TID=15990&PN= 1&FID=5&PR=3

but seems like it;s only for members not mods...r mods not members also???

proof: following is a snap shot of 2 topics by a mod which r stickied forever no matter they r updated or not...is it because they r a mod's topic????

also, there r so many mods...were they all busy to unstickey these topics whose were not updated for almost 10 days???

is this how a senior mod should set an example???

Posted 28 Feb 2006

Bazigaar says
also why is that when it comes to other members the mods remember every single rule and keep reminding members bout the rules but apni bari they forget them? is this not mis-use of power?
Posted 01 Mar 2006

Bazigaar says
while i am here, i have a question bout few mods....would u like me to post them here or pm u?
Posted 01 Mar 2006

bazi
Acording to the topic u mentioned
It is knowledge base and no chit chat is allowed here it is in my notice before. QV is posting recipeis and Medical info in that topics . so to avoid chit chat we have sticked it and irrelavent posts are removed. If you and anyone have some thing to shareit is most welcome , it would be stickked as these topics are sticked.
I am posting on behalf of WOL after discussing matter coz he is bz in some personal matters.U can PM me too if any concern.
Posted 02 Mar 2006

Bazigaar says
bhai sahib, rule# 11 states:

Birthday topics will be sticked up for only 3 days.
Knowldge base/sharing/poetry topics will be sticked up for 5 days untill unless they r not updated!
All other topics will be stickied up for 7 days maximum

key word is..stickied for 5 days unless then r not updated...

the screen shot i posted above shows this knowledge base topic was not updated foralmost 10 days and was still stickied...why? just because ye ek mod ke topics thaay? last reply was made on feb 17th & 19th and screen shot was taken on feb 28!!! they should have been unstickied after 5 days when they were not updated...that's what i am saying...
Posted 02 Mar 2006

bazi

the nature of topic is also concerned.Afterdiscussion widQVshe said posting of Recipie and Medical info is hectic task so due to importance of matter she posts rarely and sticky reason is to make the thing useful and accesible . It is not due to that she is mod.If u have something nice and usefull inform me and it will be sticky like this 2
Posted 02 Mar 2006

Bazigaar says
Teen Tracker said:

Afterdiscussion widQVshe said posting of Recipie and Medical info is hectic task so due to importance of matter she posts rarely and sticky reason is to make the thing useful and accesible .

thank u...now this make sense...

just an idea...this should be added in the rules too...k a topic of such nature will be stickied for unlimited time as long as it's being updated now and them - without a time-frame being given
Posted 02 Mar 2006

Thanks you paa jee for urs concern and yes there shouldn't be any mis-use of power but there are few things jus to clearify. This is an open forum and each one has right to discuss/share and pass his/her suggestions (Positive) directly to managment by pm/topic some time we have countered a few pbs e.g couldn't be able to update the specific topic due to one of few reasons.
a). I wasn't had internet access (net pbs)
b). Out of town
c). Busy

So concern member/moderator won't be able to update few things regularly so during this time u all guys have vision so you can let us informe dat where can we improve our selves and U all have rights to report me any mis-understanding/ambiguity.

Now...

We've already mentioned the time frame for sticky topics and few topics are failed to honour their status due to "Time Factor". so I'm sending them back to normal.

We can amend rules for the good but right now i don't feel to have any new change coz we can make a few topics as announcment else to stick them and all Announcments are under control by managment.

but if anyone of member has a great idea jus let me know and We'll highlight his/her topic as well.

and i'm specially looking fwd to u Paa Jee :) coz u r the right person who can generate tons of ideas
Posted 02 Mar 2006

Reply to Topic