Single bouquet in memory of 'lovely' woman found dead on Stretton roadside

64 views 0 replies
Reply to Topic
freeamfva

Total Posts: 0

Single bouquet in memory of 'lovely' woman found dead on Stretton roadside
Residents of a quiet Stretton street have spoken of their shock and worry after a woman was found dead. Officers from Staffordshire Police were called to the incident in Stretton yesterday morning, Saturday, October 8, at around 7.25am.To get more news about Watch online in the domestic area, you can visit our official website.
A police cordon was put in place at the junction of Craythorne Road and Bitham Lane where police and paramedics were joined by a forensics team who placed a tent around the woman on the side of the road. The woman was pronounced dead by paramedics from West Midlands Ambulance Service, and the police are carrying out an investigation as to what happened.
Bitham Lane reopened yesterday afternoon and today was used by hundreds of runners competing in the Burton Albion Community Trust 10km run. But for some residents, the shock of what happened so close to them is still hard to understand.Linda Wainwright, 57, lives on Craythorne Road and said: "One of my friends knew the woman. She said she was a genuinely lovely woman, but that's all I've heard. It's awful news and I just pray for her family."
Graeme Collins, 61, who lives on Bitham Lane, said: "A woman has died and it's extremely sad. It must be terrible for her family and I just hope it isn't anything suspicious as to why she passed."A single bouquet of flowers has been placed at the site where the police tent once stood. The Jinny Nature Trail is now also open for the public after it too was closed for parts of yesterday.
The woman's next of kin have been informed and are being supported by specially-trained officers at this time. Anyone with any information should contact us on 101,
Posted 16 Nov 2022

Reply to Topic