Interior Architecture vs Interior Design Programs?

255 views 2 replies
Reply to Topic
johnnyy

Total Posts: 0

I want to know the thoughts of the masses when it comes to this topic: Interior architecture vs Interior design programs. There has always been a debate on interior architecture, interior design, and interior decorating.

I've heard a lot of architects claim that there no such thing as an interior architecture. Also, both programs, are given the same degree (a masters or bachelors in interior design.) However, based on research, I believe there is a difference in the training and skill set. Interior architecture programs study with general architecture for 2 years before being able to switch into interiors courses, so they are a little more involved with architectural and technical aspects. While interior design programs start from an interiors standpoint, and focus on mastering interior design as an art.

What are your thoughts? Do you believe there any real differences? If you are a professional, would these programs make a difference for who you hire for an interiors team?

Posted 28 Nov 2022

greys says
There's basically three designations that are recognized: architects, interior designers, and interior decorators. I often work with Fortes Vision firm it is an architectural rendering company. They provide architectural interior 3D visualization for many years and always do their job at the highest level. Luckily they have affordable prices. Useful service is you want to be sure that I chose the right colors and units, they can easily implement all interior design ideas before they become reality.
Posted 28 Nov 2022

Both are very helpful and even irreplaceable, but I prefer to work with a professional designer. By the way, could you recommend a not trivial supplier of home decor? Something besides Zara Home and HM Home, may be? I came across these interesting reviews https://pier-1-imports.pissedconsumer.com/review.html , but I never ordered anything from this store yet. 
Posted 16 Jan 2023

Reply to Topic