When you go looking for an IT company, what do you want to see in it? Your priorities are your own, but generally speaking, here are ten things that make an IT company great.
1. Your customers come first. It's the first rule of business: your customers are your lifeblood. This goes without saying for most companies. Yet sometimes IT professionals get so caught up in their technology interests that they forget to look at their business first. In addition, great IT companies not only focus on the technology you need, but also have people who can explain their services to relative novices.
2. Continually study emerging technology, especially in data security. A good IT company can introduce you to new server systems, workstations, useful software for your business, and so on. Good IT companies in Durban can do all of that, plus stay on top of data security issues. Data security is not just another part of the job; it is the most important vulnerability most businesses have today and the one that is evolving the fastest.
3. Email scams, also known as phishing attacks, account for 91% of cyberattacks and are by far the most likely avenue for hackers to access your data. IT companies should provide you with the tools to teach your employees how to better protect your company's data or possibly provide training directly to employees.
4. Large IT companies know when to move their data to the cloud, or if they shouldn't. The cloud offers significant advantages for data backup, as well as being less expensive than other alternatives. The vast majority of data can be stored securely there, and IT professionals can help you decide how to protect anything so valuable that it should be stored elsewhere.
5. Answer questions. IT support Durban has always been about technology, but as time goes on it becomes more and more about communication. If you need to ask a question about an IT issue, outstanding companies can give you the answers you're looking for understandably at minimal cost.
6. Help you go green. Environmental sustainability is all the rage, but the move to a primarily digital environment still has most companies printing reams of pages every day. Great IT companies can take you to a paperless world and save you a lot of money in the long run.
7. Keeping with the environmental theme, IT companies should also help you recycle old computers. Beyond the moral good, you can make a potentially substantial, tax-deductible donation without devoting your working hours to the task.
8. If you have in-house IT staff and need help, they can do it for you. Some IT companies are good when they build the system from the bottom up and know everything about how it works, but have trouble with the unknown. The best companies can build it all or work with the system you already have in place, supplementing your current staff or filling in for your employees during vacation or sick leave.
9. Take care of all your mobile needs. Old-school IT professionals are fantastic at ensuring maximum uptime of fixed connections, setting up proper workstations and making sure your servers are running optimally. Today's excellent IT professionals can do all that and feel comfortable working in the complex mobile technology market. They can advise you on the best mobile solutions for your business or take what you have and make anything capable of working work.
10. They are ready to help you whenever you need it. Hardware failures can happen at any time, day or night. There are good, small companies that can do what you need most of the time; a large company has enough professionals to assist you during an emergency. They give you peace of mind, and at the end of the day, that's what we need most from IT.
Datalink IT Services is a Durban based IT Company that specialises in IT Support & Consulting, Web Design & Development, Software & Android App Development and Cloud Services like Microsoft 365, Microsoft Azure, Amazon Web Services (AWS) and Cloud Backups.
Website - https://www.dlit.co.za/