Ireland wait to learn Johnny Sexton disciplinary hearing fate

123 views 1 replies
Reply to Topic
Jim78

Total Posts: 0

Johnny Sexton faces a disciplinary hearing on Thursday that could see the outcome impact Ireland's World Cup preparations.The Ireland captain had a misconduct complaint lodged against him following his behaviour towards match officials in the wake of Leinster's Heineken Champions Cup final defeat by La Rochelle on May 20.Sexton did not play in the game at Dublin's Aviva Stadium due to his continued recovery from a groin injury.

?But he went on to the pitch after the match - Leinster lost 27-26 - and became involved in what appeared to be a heated exchange with South African referee Jaco Peyper and other match officials.Tournament organiser European Professional Club Rugby submitted misconduct complaints against 37-year-old Sexton and Leinster following what it described as a "thorough fact-finding and careful review" of Sexton's actions, and also
Leinster for not exercising reasonable control over their player.Sexton, who intends to retire after the World Cup in France later this year, will appear by video conference call before an independent disciplinary panel chaired by Christopher Quinlan KC.

Posted 19 Jul 2023

AlexGreen says
Good topic. I was a little distracted last season and didn't make much of a prediction. But I'm going to catch up this year. My bookmaker gave me enough bonuses so I can remember how to bet again  - https://melbet.org/ I am very glad that I found such a convenient and reliable site for my gambling hobby.
Posted 20 Jul 2023

Reply to Topic